Anyone wishing they had gone with the 7 instead of the 7 Plus?

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a difficult time adjusting to the size of this device. Kind of wishing I may have gone with the smaller counterpart. Anyone else feel the same? Any tips for a first time Plus owner that's thinking about swapping to the smaller one?

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
2 years ago I got the 6, which I loved, but my close up vision is terrible so I sold it 3 months later and got the 6 Plus, and that was perfect.
This time I got the 7 Plus and I'm happy.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Admittedly there are situations where I miss my 6S simply for the size. Like when I'm laying down or adjusting to one handed use on my 7 Plus. But I'll get used to it. Overall I'm very happy with my 7 Plus.

kargurin

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
It wasn't long ago a lot of people here were pining for the size of the 5. I think I would need a toothpick to type on that keyboard. I've got a Plus. Before that a Note 5, before that a 6 Plus, before that a Note 2.....

PlainEnvelopes

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a difficult time adjusting to the size of this device. Kind of wishing I may have gone with the smaller counterpart. Anyone else feel the same? Any tips for a first time Plus owner that's thinking about swapping to the smaller one?

after a few days you will get used to it. I was the same way at first with my 6 plus

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
The plus definitely feels too big at first, but after using one for two years the 7 feels too small for me now. I have a plus on order and my 7 will go to one of my daughters when it comes in. The plus definitely feels like it shrinks as you use it. Don't give up too soon.

arftech

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Nope, I could never return to anything smaller than the Plus. For me the experience of having bigger real estate for consumption would be a negative.

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I have the 6 Plus before and I think it is the perfect size. I do a lot of one-hand navigation (especially when I am holding a hamburger or sandwich on my other hand :) ) and I never have any issue.

jneusch

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
After a small adjustment period I think you will be totally happy. I could not image going back to a smaller screen. My wife and daughter both have 6's and it's unbelievable how small it feels when I have to use their phones for something.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Plus is too big for me. I like the size of the 7. Everyone has different needs. Maybe one day I'll go big again but right now, opting for the 7.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Yea,, I just cancelled my 7 Plus order and re-ordered the 7.
I had the 6 Plus but eventually switched to the 6, had the 6s Plus but also switched to the 6s.
Getting used to the smaller screen size was quite painless as the smaller one handed use more than made up for the loss is screen size.
I've loved all my Galaxy Notes 1 thru 5 and love the screen sizes but the iPhone Plus phone are just to ginormous "for me" to use as a daily driver.

Cheers
Davyo

chilledbeer

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I came from a 6S. However I'm able to fit more in this screen after changing the font size to the smallest available. Love this form factor.

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
when the 6 first came out i went for the 6 plus and felt the phone was too big, so i went for the regular 6s but that was an awful year. yes the screen size was more manageable for every day but i missed the big screen. so i knew i had to go back to the 7 plus. i wish they would just make the bezels smaller because the note 5 and note 7 are 5.7" but much easier to handle since the bezels are so small.

woznicki

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
2 years ago I got the 6, which I loved, but my close up vision is terrible so I sold it 3 months later and got the 6 Plus, and that was perfect.
This time I got the 7 Plus and I'm happy.

i know, right? same here. not getting any younger. my next phone will most definitly be a + :)