Love my 7+.....but

Mustafaozcan33

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Hhahaa laughed. This scratches are so big. From the notification center to control center. You said honestly...really? if you have buyers remorse than that's fine but saying goodbye Apple because of a scratch on the jb phone is just strange bla bla bla. If you see my phone's scratches, i am sure you'll say goodbye Apple too. So just stop bigoted

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I had the same pr. I ordered my jetblack iphone , when i opened the box, i saw scratches on the iphone's back (Apple Logo)

1) it would have scratched the first time you slid a jet black phone into your pocket.

2) they wouldn't of had any to swap you anyways.

Mustafaozcan33

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
1) it would have scratched the first time you slid a jet black phone into your pocket.

2) they wouldn't of had any to swap you anyways.

Yes i agree your 2nd idea but not 1. There weren't any coins or keys in my pocket. And i saw these scratches when i opened the box i didn't do anything to phone but there were big scratches and i am so sad because i save money to buy this iphone. So i am disappointed and angry.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Yes i agree your 2nd idea but not 1. There weren't any coins or keys in my pocket. And i saw these scratches when i opened the box i didn't do anything to phone but there were big scratches and i am so sad because i save money to buy this iphone. So i am disappointed and angry.

When did you take your phone to Apple...immediately?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
So you buy a iPhone 7 and put a brick ugly blocky otter box case on it. That's dumb.

There's nothing dumb about wanting to protect your investment. I, personally, opted for something more sleek but I definitely put a tempered glass on as soon as it came out of the box.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Yes i took my phone immediately. I saw scratches and i put iphone iphone's box then i took the box and i drove my father's car to Apple Store.

Why do you expect Apple to exchange a phone that gets scratched when they told you that's a possibility? They would lose so much money.

Now it's different if you open the box in the store and saw scratches they may exchange it, but that's if they have the phone in stock to swap. Like Garz said, they probably didn't have any.

ekneeiphone

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
This is a different issue. The original poster said there was scratches on the SCREEN not the back of the phone.

Regarding the jet black phone, I also understand your pain though and yes, they should take it back. I bought a leather apple case and there were lines /indents running along the back of the case. I returned it two days later and had it exchanged without a problem.
Regarding the original poster, If those scratches on the screen were there out of the box, they should allow a return. You have 14 days I believe it return or exchange it.

If there was the same issue on the back of the phone itself, clearly it is more significant than a case, so they should have let you exchange it. However, apple does warn on their website about the jet black scratches.

Last edited:

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

Why mention this part if it was scratched out of the box?

Kevin Harvell

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I was somewhat worried about my 7 Plus as my screen protector was not delivered until the 20th so I had almost 5 days where I had no protector on it which is rare, but SuperShields did not have their protectors available from Amazon until the 19th.

Luckily I had no issues with it until it came in and put it on. Though I have a very small piece of lint that got ended up under the protector near the right edge of it. Annoys me, but at least it is not in the middle or somewhere else staring back at me all the time.

verks

Jul 21, 2008
Visit site
This is what they have at the Apple store ... Belkin ScreenCare+ Application System? - Learn More

It's more of a rig than a machine. I've had it done several times and it's now the only screen protector that I will use.

I witnessed that for the first time on Friday when we picked up my wife's Rose Gold 7 Plus. Pretty nice unit. It did take him 2 tries on my wife's phone but it did go on so well that I had him do my 7 Plus. I usually do it myself (I use to manage a wireless corp store so I've done hundreds) but as long as they will redo it until its right I will let them do it.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
This is what they have at the Apple store ... Belkin ScreenCare+ Application System? - Learn More

It's more of a rig than a machine. I've had it done several times and it's now the only screen protector that I will use.

Apple gifted me a Belkin, but mailed to my office. I will have to self install, since I don't have the benefit of buying it in store. But the current reviews are so horrible, I am afraid to even install.

Sci_Fy

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
If it makes you feel better whilst I was applying a skin to my jet black 7 plus I dropped it onto something hard on the floor and chipped the bottom. After 1 day. I am so gutted...

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
If it makes you feel better whilst I was applying a skin to my jet black 7 plus I dropped it onto something hard on the floor and chipped the bottom. After 1 day. I am so gutted...

1 day after I got my 5S I dropped it at Safeway. It would not ring.. was beside myself. Everything worked but sound. I was totally freaked out. Seems when I dropped it, it switched to vibrate mode.. oops. Mine was just an oops, yours is a big ouch. You have my sympathies. I feel your pain. So very sorry.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox