Love my 7+.....but

EarleD

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
The screen scratches way to easy. I opened the box yesterday and never left my house after.

I went to Best Buy to get a case and screen protector. While cleaning the phone to apply the protector I realized there were several faint scratches in the screen. Must have happened when it was only pocket. Needless to say it's got a tempered glass Zagg on it now.

badMojo69

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Honestly...really? When they tell you in the fine print that this can happen what difference does that make? The phone will get scratched.
I just saw a vid on YT and they took theirs out of the box and sure enough it was scratched. If you have buyers remorse then that's fine, but saying goodbye Apple because of a scratch on the JB phone is just...strange.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Dont think so. Maybe a quarter. No biggie they are super light. Cant even see them with the new zagg on. Just kills me that it took all of 12 hours to scratch the screen. Grrrrrrt

I hear you...

EarleD

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I have the MB not the JB. No scratches on the body of the phone.

I couldn't deal with the JB scratches. Otterbox symmetry and zagg tempered. Great combo

PDXMatt

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site

I couldn't deal with the JB scratches. Otterbox symmetry and zagg tempered. Great combo

I have the MB, (who I call Stealth Black) too, so I think I'm going to pick up a Zagg today.

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Pardon me but I don't know what is all these fuss on scratches. I just got the new phone delivered today. I am carrying both the new phone and my old 6Plus (with a LifeProof Nuud case) in the same pocket and I have no issue whatsoever.

EarleD

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
No fuss on my side. Something in my pocket put a couple of light scratches on my screen. It has a screen protector on it now.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like it might be scratches in the oleophobic coating and not the glass itself. Probably should take more than 12 hrs to get them, but there are little abrasive things in pockets that can scratch screens. Those little scratches don't bother me and I don't use screen protectors, but others can't stand them. Hence tempered glass and films and skins, etc.

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I picked up a two pack of tempered glass screen protectors for a buck shipped on sale not too long ago. Applied it immediately upon receipt of the phone

chilledbeer

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
While cleaning the phone to apply the protector I realized there were several faint scratches in the screen. Must have happened when it was only pocket. Needless to say it's got a tempered glass Zagg on it now.

This is why I bought and applied the eye goughing-ly pricey Belkin glass screen protector in the store immediately after buying the phone. They even have a machine to put it on. This is in Australia though.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Did you examine the phone when you got it? Could it have come with the scratches?
I've had my 6s Plus a year. I carry it in my pocket with no protective screen. There's been times with coins and keys. I forget. But no scratches or anything.

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I'd love to see that machine in action.

In AT&T stores they have a little box they place the phone is and then place the protector over it and then close and slide this thing back and forth which forces out the bubbles of air pockets.

The coolest thing I've seen is some malls have a stand where they enter the device model into the computer and you actually see the screen protector being cut to the correct dimensions. Then it slides over and drops on to the device.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Dont think so. Maybe a quarter. No biggie they are super light. Cant even see them with the new zagg on. Just kills me that it took all of 12 hours to scratch the screen. Grrrrrrt

Mine and wife's 6s plus came scratched right out of the box last year on the screen on launch day. Apple swapped them both immediately. It the first iPhones that we have has screen scratched out of the box either.

PDXMatt

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
In AT&T stores they have a little box they place the phone is and then place the protector over it and then close and slide this thing back and forth which forces out the bubbles of air pockets.

The coolest thing I've seen is some malls have a stand where they enter the device model into the computer and you actually see the screen protector being cut to the correct dimensions. Then it slides over and drops on to the device.

I must find one. That sounds like fun.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh