MissShayona

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
So I preordered my sprint iPhone 7 plus. Still hasn't shipped. I was able to reserve a 7+ at the local Apple Store. If I cancel my preorder, can I do the iPhone forever program at the Apple Store??? Apple is saying yes since I'm not a new customer.

verks

Jul 21, 2008
Visit site
So I preordered my sprint iPhone 7 plus. Still hasn't shipped. I was able to reserve a 7+ at the local Apple Store. If I cancel my preorder, can I do the iPhone forever program at the Apple Store??? Apple is saying yes since I'm not a new customer.

I did the same thing Wednesday.

verks

Jul 21, 2008
Visit site
And your upgrade eligibility went back?

The Apple upgrade program has nothing to do with your sprint account. Even if you don't cancel you will still be able to use the Apple program.

Once you cancel that order through Sprint your line should be eligible again.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
The Apple upgrade program has nothing to do with your sprint account. Even if you don't cancel you will still be able to use the Apple program.

do it!

it is the best program for upgrading your iphone

I think she wants to know about Sprint's iPhone Forever program not Apple's upgrade program. Is there a way for her to cancel her Sprint order and use iPhone Forever at the Apple Store instead? I'm on the iPhone Forever program but I preordered in store. Wish I could help.

zog1977

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I think she wants to know about Sprint's iPhone Forever program not Apple's upgrade program. Is there a way for her to cancel her Sprint order and use iPhone Forever at the Apple Store instead? I'm on the iPhone Forever program but I preordered in store. Wish I could help.

oh sorry, thought we were talking about the iphone upgrade program

MissShayona

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

But if I do the apple upgrade won't that mess up my current plan? I'm still paying installments on my iPhone forever.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
So what do I do with my 6s?

Sell it and try to pay it off , or reserve a phone and try to have them redo your phone sprint iPhone forever(I mean pay the upgrade price then send back in the phone). The only issue may be is that if you owe money or pay to upgrade it may not show up at the Apple Store or may not allow you to.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
If your iPhone Forever plan is under a lease, which I believe all iPhone Forever plans through Sprint are, that may cause issues. Because you HAVE to turn that phone into Sprint. But you can't turn it in without getting another iPhone unless you're at the end of your lease terms.

verks

Jul 21, 2008
Visit site
You would pay off the balance of the phone as if it were just a lease I believe.

That is correct. I was on T-Mobile and that was the case. You turned in your phone and paid off the remaining lease payments. Or kept the phone paid a specified amount for it and still had to pay off the lease. Either way you had to pay the full lease off.

badMojo69

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Not if you care about your credit it's not. They do a hard credit inquiry every time you upgrade and those stay on your credit report for 2 years.
Screw that save the cash, buy the phone, sale the phone it will only end up costing your $400 (you'll get at least $600 selling used).

NinjaMom

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Not if you care about your credit it's not. They do a hard credit inquiry every time you upgrade and those stay on your credit report for 2 years.
Screw that save the cash, buy the phone, sale the phone it will only end up costing your $400 (you'll get at least $600 selling used).

Sprint doesn't. Which carrier does a credit inquiry?

badMojo69

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
If they are using the Apple program they are. If they have their own internal program then maybe not.
From Apples own page "Available to qualified customers with a credit check" fine print. They do this every time you get a new phone.
iPhone Upgrade Program - Apple

Note that it is a "Hard Inquiry" not a soft one.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox