ZAGG Screen Protector Issue

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
It seems like there is an issue with the ZAGG screen protector and the iPhone 7. I have tried 4 different installations (3 at 2 Best Buys and one at a ZAGG Kiosk) and the edge of the HD Glass Screen protector comes up. Probably caused by the slightly curved glass on the iPhone.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I have a friend that works for one of the large carriers who has seen this issue and others. She has tried installing them and runs into the edge bonding and bubbles that will not go away. Her co-workers are having the same issues. So it is not just one person in the store having a tough time. And the more I read about Zagg the more it is bad. Seems Zagg had this problem a couple years ago. Solved it but it has come back.

My friend decided to go with the Belkin screen protector that Apple currently sells and is very pleased with it. I have seen pics of it on her phone and it looks amazing.

Might be something you may want to consider. You can order it through the Apple Store, go in the next day and have it properly installed by them.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Yeah this has been a problem for a while now. I've been through a lot with Zagg over the years! Just not worth the money or the hassle.

Stephen Mattiola

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
This is actually ironic because I just bought a glass screen protector from them and I lost it and was going to go back to the zagg store and buy a new one but after reading this i am going to stick with my spigen screen protector. I had it on my phone after I had this issue with my iPhone 6s plus and it wasnt an issue with the spigen. Thanks for this post.

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I was a fan of Zagg until I heard problems lately so I went on ahead and spent money on the Belkin Invisiglass at the Apple Store and they even install it

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I've gone through MANY ZAGG glass screen protectors on my 6 & 6s...until I finally got one (maybe a "fluke") that fit perfectly with no halo effect or lifting. I will tell you that their SP must be installed PERFECTLY or an edge will be over the curvature of the iPhone screen ever so slightly...and the whole deal looks horrible.

Frankly, it's a shame because their customer service is next to none. They will do whatever it takes to make you happy...or happier. That usually amounts to sending you a replacement item, but they certainly never hassle you about it.

btru82

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I've used Zagg on the 6 and 6 plus and never had that issue. I've also used cheaper glass protectors on the 6 plus as well as my new 7 plus and haven't had any issues with the glass protector sitting flat on the screen.

cencom14

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I have a Zagg Glass HD + on my 7 Plus and it installed perfectly. No lifting or any defects at all. I tried a cheaper tempered glass protector and the surface was not as effortlessly smooth as the Zagg. They are expensive but I really like the feel of the Zagg over others. Just my experience.

maskedcarrot

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I work for a major cell provider and here is my take on this.

Throughout the 6 and 6s series of iPhones and putting on Zagg Tempered glass, here is the only conclusion that I can come up with.

If I am not mistaken, there are a few different companies that make the glass screens for iPhones, and one of the companies, I am not sure who, but the glass they make for the iPhone is more curved than the other company which Apple contracts with.

So the Zagg protector will fit perfectly without halos or rising on one of them, and not the other. I've put on over 300 screen protectors on customer's phones, and some go on great, and some Halo. So the only conclusion I can come up with is what I said above.

It's luck of the draw. You don't know which screen you have on your iPhone until you try to put on a Zagg.

mommybetts

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Mines works perfectly fine on my 7 plus. I installed it myself on the 16th. I normally go to my cell phone provider to have to them install the one for the 6s plus. Actually I had just replaced the one for the 6s plus two weeks ago and not even a few days later the corners had cracked. I have replaced over eight 6s Zagg glass screen protectors since the 6s launched. This one I think is better.
37e53be6a8e6c36858e9eeed29a1dffd.jpg
111ec162a74d077cfe55178fc58cf32e.jpg

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I've seen this issue many times with different brands, it is usually a very thin portion though, doesnt really affect the protection but I understand why some people wouldn't be happy with this.... I installed an older glass protector in my iphone 7 and it fit good...

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I had one installed on my 7 Plus at Best Buy and I am not having this problem at all. There are only a few people at BB that can install the SP without making a mistake, so I made sure one of my favorite employees was there.

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Two different Best Buys, 4 attempts and one attempt at a Zagg kiosk. I would consider that a fail by Zagg. I called them and the admitted that it was an issue with curved edges on phones.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2