Tiniest scratch that only I can see

aznhomieboi1689

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
So I got my brand new iPhone 7 plus and not even one day before I could get a new screen protector...a scratch appeared!! I don't know how or where and when but it is a very tiny scratch. No one can see but me and it just affect the screen very little bit...question is should I go to Apple Store get screen replaced?!! I see it every time I use it :( sad day

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
It's really up to you to decide if the barely noticeable scratch is worth the cost of replacing your iPhone screen. To me it's not, but you need to feel good about your phone. If the scratch is completely destroying your ability to enjoy your phone then get the screen replaced. And put a screen cover on it ASAP!

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
I can't speak for Apple, but on my android phones with gorilla glass often times a screen protector would fill in the micro scratches to where you couldn't even see them once the protector was applied. Just an idea

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I can't speak for Apple, but on my android phones with gorilla glass often times a screen protector would fill in the micro scratches to where you couldn't even see them once the protector was applied. Just an idea

I got my 6s+ screen replaced and got a scratch like 1 hr later and the screen protector covered the scratch

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I somehow managed to get a either a scratch on the camera lens (which is supposed to be sapphire............) or dust somehow found it's way inside the lens. No clue how this could have happened just going in and out of pockets. I mean, the Garmin Fenix on my wrist has a sapphire display and it's practically bulletproof. Shouldn't the camera lens be similar?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Wow that's bad luck.
I went to Best Buy with the unopened box and got the case I wanted and the screen protector.
Keeping this baby pristine.

bailbrae

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Put a screen protector on it and you won't even notice. I do that with every phone...naked screen until the micro scratches happen and get to me, then a screen protector to cover them up so I stop worrying about it. :)

Lyall Demorrow

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I somehow managed to get a either a scratch on the camera lens (which is supposed to be sapphire............) or dust somehow found it's way inside the lens. No clue how this could have happened just going in and out of pockets. I mean, the Garmin Fenix on my wrist has a sapphire display and it's practically bulletproof. Shouldn't the camera lens be similar?

The camera lens on the iPhone 7 is not sapphire this year, neither is the home button. https://youtu.be/0vYfAqEyGV0

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
I had scratches on my last iphone screen they were very small. once i put on the glass screen protector i could no longer see them at all.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
So I got my brand new iPhone 7 plus and not even one day before I could get a new screen protector...a scratch appeared!! I don't know how or where and when but it is a very tiny scratch. No one can see but me and it just affect the screen very little bit...question is should I go to Apple Store get screen replaced?!! I see it every time I use it :( sad day

I got my 6s+ screen replaced and got a scratch like 1 hr later and the screen protector covered the scratch

I had scratches on my last iphone screen they were very small. once i put on the glass screen protector i could no longer see them at all.

To all those "Should I get a screen protector" threads...here are your examples. Better safe than sorry. Some don't care about scratches...I absolutely do.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
It's probably in the oleophobic coating if it's a super fine scratch like that. I had the same thing happen last year when I got my first iPhone. Had it for like 3 hours, rubbed it on my soft t-shirt to clean the screen off after playing with it setting it up and wham fine scratch. Ran out the next day and got a tempered glass protector and you couldn't see it after that.

aznhomieboi1689

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I Always use screen protectors but this time around the one I wanted didn't come in time. So I figured it was only 2 days and it'd be fine...now I learn... sigh. Also the screen protector is a tampered glass so it doesn't really "cover" the scratch I can still see it in the screen

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Doh, sounds like you managed to scratch the actual glass then. The hairline oleophobic scratches will be hidden when screen protector goes on. Something actually in the glass probably not.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
To all those "Should I get a screen protector" threads...here are your examples. Better safe than sorry. Some don't care about scratches...I absolutely do.

You just beat me to it! I was going to say something like "Well this a good example of why a screen protector is a good idea!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I am so so sorry and completely understand. I would be completely heartsick if this happened to me. And, after reading all the posts, I guess I would try getting a glass screen protector first, and if that helps you not to see it, then you don't need to spend the $$$ on the new screen.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Scratches suck.

In all honesty I haven't used a screen protector much, but I totally get why many do! Plenty of good choices out there, for a reasonable cost too.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Scratches suck.

In all honesty I haven't used a screen protector much, but I totally get why many do! Plenty of good choices out there, for a reasonable cost too.

They definitely are, picked up tempered glass protectors from Tech Armor off amazon for $6.99 each. Used them on my 6s and they were $10 for those. Hopefully it's not a quality changed affecting the price though (they show up tomorrow finally).

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro