iPhone 7 Plus getting 🔥

TiffyBeBadd

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Morning!

I've had the iPhone 7 Plus since it came in my mail on the 16th. This phone has been very hot at least twice a day. When I took my SIM card from my 6 Plus & put it in my 7 Plus, it immediately got too hot to even touch. I was worried but it eventually cooled. I'm hoping this isn't an ongoing issue.

Anyone else having this issue???

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I had a friend who just got his and while it was restoring he said it got really hot and he heard the dreaded buzzing/hissing coming from the back middle. Seems like it could be an issue with the App Store and downloading apps or something maybe. Not sure, I have had zero issues.

anon(22163)

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Mine was pretty warm last night installing and setting up for the first time. iPhone 6+ previous didn't get that warm but it seemed fine later.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
My old 5s use to get really warm when I first got it but settled down after a couple of weeks. Didn't have that issue with my SE or my GFs 7+

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
The first couple of days can be really rough on your iDevice. Between higher than normal usage and the taxing restore process, a lot of things can cause problems. That being said, your phone should probably only get "warm" that one time, and if it's hot to the touch you should go to the Apple Store ASAP.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
It was reported the 7+ will get much hotter than the 6s+ , but it shouldn't get that hot. If it continues and they say nothing is wrong don't be like me and contact Apple immediately

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Any device with an internal lipo (battery) should never get too hot to touch! Unless your skin is really sensitive, this temp is easily 115-120+ degrees Fahrenheit and those temperatures degrade batteries quickly. The cpu will throttle as well. That's not normal operating conditions by any means. When a device is in the settle in period of getting lots of updates on a fast wifi connection, etc. its normal to get warm. But not searing hot! Of course if it's getting this hot it should display a message that it's too hot and needs to cool down. The only time it will do this (and is normal) if it gets left in a hot car. And if that happens it should be cooled immediately. (not by putting in the freezer!)

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Hot to the touch seems crazy. Warm is normal. My 6s Plus gets warm when doing some heavy gaming or other intensive tasks, but otherwise stays nice and cool. If it gets that way again I would most definitely get it looked at by the Genius Bar at an Apple store if possible.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73