To all the jet black customers check this out

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
At least it's on the back. Go look at my old S7E vid and no I had not dipped my hand in grease or had any fried chicken. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC_cL-PcFTk

Dat Screen Doe -- it would just grab on to oil and grime like no ones business and the back was no better.

The iPhone is like that too. Give it a few months. The oleophobic coating on the iPhone does not last that long, my 6s screen looked like that all the time after about 4-5 months, even though I don't eat "hella greasy food"

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The iPhone is like that too. Give it a few months. The oleophobic coating on the iPhone does not last that long, my 6s screen looked like that all the time after about 4-5 months, even though I don't eat "hella greasy food"

My 6s Plus doesn't look like that. It's a year old. It looks pretty good actually.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Four to five months is being generous. Usually mines wears off after two months. I guess this varies user to user because I use my phone a lot.

xlovepink88x

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Any phone can look like that. The color doesn't matter! Hell it could be a flip phone and look like that! What's so special about jet black and finger prints??? Get a skin on the back, your still gonna get finger prints! What the hell did you expect from a glossy phone? Seriously! Get over it! 😂😂😂

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I've been using the Jet Black 7Plus for a few days now. That picture posted is ridiculous. It gets minor prints on it that simply wipe off very easily. People are always looking to complain about something.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
While I DO feel the jet black is more prone to fingerprints and micro abrasions which is why I went for black, THAT phone was obviously done intentionally to exacerbate the problem. I liked the bacon comment! If you keep your hands fairly clean, wipe the phone often with a microfiber cloth, and case it with a nice clear TPU case you should be fine. And it DOES look super sweet in all its shinny black glory! I ALMOST went for it!

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
It's black and it's shiny. It's going to show fingerprints. We all have 'em. If that's news to someone, they don't get out much. News flash, scratches and 'micro-abrasions' will show more easily, too.

Someone went out of their way to collect that degree of oil on the phone. People leave oily prints, some more than others. Washing hands frequently will help, some. Prints will still be left.

Anybody who buys the Jet Black phone and doesn't want finger prints on it better buy some latex or nitrile gloves, which can be had in basic black. Wear those for an hour then see what's collected inside. LOL!

Buy what you like. Jet Black will be 'higher maintenance' but it's what I'll order. I'm a fan of gloss black, Japan black, piano black, urushi, etc., so no surprises for me.

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
If you have hands that leak this much oil, it's a problem regardless the color of the iPhone you get. I would rather have a phone that show me the nasty fat buildup on my phone and clean it rather that keep using the dirty phone and not know it. I always get black phones, but never had issue this extensive. Plus I wash my hands frequently, so I don't build up that much oil on lyrics skin.
Not judging but OP must have pretty bad hand hygiene...lol

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
The only thing grosser perhaps is a telephone mouthpiece that's got moss growing out of it from all the foodstuff and nasties in it!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The oleophobic coating on the iphone screen does not last. If you stick a screen protector on, or do not use your phone much, then yes it will last longer.

No screen protector and I use my phone a lot. I touch the screen a lot working with photos and wallpapers. Looks new to me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods