"Hear" is my buzzing sound

mfldmike

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I just uploaded a video of the buzzing/hissing sound coming from my iPhone 7 Plus. I shot this on an iPhone 6S Plus; no special microphone and no post editing involved. This is a pure albeit crappy video of the sound.

iPhone 7 Plus 128GB Black AT&T

https://youtu.be/CXh9OSQYiCY

mfldmike

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Therein lies the issue...my nearest Apple Store is 3 1/2 hrs away, and the Apple Senior Advisor I'm speaking with hasn't given me other options yet. Apparently it's up to the engineering team on what they want to do with my device. I was requested to send them a video, which is the only reason why I uploaded it.

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm eager as well. Sorry you have to deal with this. In these situations while I know it won't happen, Apple should just eat the cost and send you a new phone. Even if you swap out, nobody should have to eventually get that phone refurbished.

mfldmike

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I know some people think it's just a placebo effect of being on these forums and having a new device, but nobody can mistake the sound in the video, and the equipment I used. No special hi-def microphones...just a 6S Plus

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
This is my only major worry about getting my 7 Plus. This would drive me insane!. And the closest store is 2 hours away. I hope you get it worked out. Keep us posted!

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
What are you running on the 7 plus to make it hiss? I've read that you have to put a workload on them to get the sound (if your device does it) and I'm wanting to test out the 7s that we have.

Terb

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
That sounds awful!
Sorry you have the problem. I sure hope that don't start up on my 7 plus. So far so good ....

Jcblack3310

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Therein lies the issue...my nearest Apple Store is 3 1/2 hrs away, and the Apple Senior Advisor I'm speaking with hasn't given me other options yet. Apparently it's up to the engineering team on what they want to do with my device. I was requested to send them a video, which is the only reason why I uploaded it.

Try calling customer service and see if they will ship you a new one. They did that for my 6s plus.

arc3484

May 25, 2016
Visit site
What are you running on the 7 plus to make it hiss? I've read that you have to put a workload on them to get the sound (if your device does it) and I'm wanting to test out the 7s that we have.

http://youtu.be/3AP5MCb-reY

I'm wondering if it's the fusion chipset. I was hesitant when I watched them revel their 1st quad-core at the keynote. I'll wait for the iPhone 7S "s is for Steve Jobs"

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I ran a Geekbench and played some games on my 7 Plus tonight and didn't notice a hissing sound until I literally pressed my ear up against it while the processor was under heavy load. Luckily it's a sporadic issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox