The "I forgot my dongle" thread.

simplylaurakb

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I went to the gym today and discovered that I had left my earbuds+dongle in my workout pants from yesterday. Which was especially a problem since I knew those pants were already in the washing machine. Fortunately my husband had rescued them before putting the laundry in the dryer. I just tried them out, and they still work!

jneusch

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Who in the heck came up with the name dongle anyway? Mine is attached to my headset and I ordered a spare just for good measure.

flybub

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Holy sh**. I have laughed out loud at some of these posts. Who ever came up with the word dongle either needs to be shot or praised. Shot because it is a silly word, but praised because on a slow day at work I'm getting a kick out of the uses for a dongle (appropriate or not).

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Holy sh**. I have laughed out loud at some of these posts. Who ever came up with the word dongle either needs to be shot or praised. Shot because it is a silly word, but praised because on a slow day at work I'm getting a kick out of the uses for a dongle (appropriate or not).

It's funny cause it's actually a word commonly used when referencing a/v equipment. Like you may need an adapter to run an iPad to a Projector or a Surface Pro to an Projector. I've on times been asked before giving a presentation, "What type of device will you be using so I know which dongle to bring?". I never found it funny til now. It's the people in the threads ya know. Like a movie is more funny when you watch it with friends than alone.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Stolen from a well known meme:

A dongle is perfectly fine.
It's ok to be proud of your dongle.
It's ok to have a personal relationship with your dongle.
But the minute you wave it all about or try to shove it down kids throats, we have a problem.

I bought extras - to have one within reach wherever whenever the mood strikes.

Dongles of the masses: we don't need you! we have our own.

Sisters doin it for themselves.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73