iPhone 7 plus restore

zog1977

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Here is one for you guys.

So my wife upgraded from the 6s to the 7 plus.

We went to Apple Store. Turned in old one. Got new one. Came home to restore from backup. She backed up the day before to iCloud.

When we try to restore, it says cannot restore with 1 minute left. We have tried this 5 times. Different backups. Using different wireless networks.

Any suggestions?

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Oh I thought iTunes showed ota and regular backups.

It will show when the last back up was completed for both Cloud and Local, but I don't think you can restore from backup on iTunes from cloud. Maybe I am wrong, I hope I am for your sake.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
No.. since there is no back up on the computer in which she can restore. She may just need to set up as a new device and re-download the apps.

I couldn't get my 7 plus to restore properly from back up. It keep stalling. I managed to get it download 81 apps and it did my emails, messages, photos, Apple Watch data, notes and global settings. I re-downloaded the remaining 110 apps manually and used iTunes to transfer my music and videos over.

That70sGAdawg

Trusted Member
Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
The restore OS file needs to be the same as the new OS file. If you updated to 10.0.1 on the S6, then you need to update the new 7 to 10.0.1 before the restore.

zog1977

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Nothing worked. She just re downloaded all her apps. Sucks.

On the other hand. I picked up a 7 plus ttoday and restored from the cloud with no issues

Go figure.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods