I hate that there's no headphone jack!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hscchang

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
Thoughts on Day 1 of my new Rose Gold, 256GB, iPhone 7 Plus:

I hate it! Right now, I am 80% certain that I will return it and continue using my iPhone 6 Plus instead.

When I press on the Home button, the entire lower panel clicks. I feel like I am clicking on a toy.

I took photos of my iPhone 7 Plus using the iPhone 6 Plus and vice versa. I do not notice any difference in the quality of the photos.

The speakers are supposed to be twice as loud than the previous ones, I hear absolutely no difference.

I notice no increase in speed or performance when compared to my iPhone 6 Plus.

The breaking point is the fact that they took away the headphone jack.

I will shamelessly admit that I am an Apple fan, and have all of their gadgets.

When they decided to change to the lightning connector, I upgraded our iPads just so that they also use the lightning connectors.

I am also a minimalist, which was why I didn't want to have to remember to carry around different connectors, especially when we travel.

But this time, Apple has gone too far by removing the headphone jack! It is the most selfish, greedy, and non-health-conscious decision they have ever made so far! Not to mention how egotistical and unconcerned they are about people who have been loyal supporters of their products throughout the years!

They are basically saying to their fans that 'You are just a bunch of sheep, and it doesn't matter what I do, you will follow'!

The decision to remove the headphone jack was not due to 'courage', it was due to PURE GREED! Since I still use 'normal' headphones for my Surface Pro 4, I now need to carry the stupid Apple headphone adapter so that I can also use the normal headphones to listen to music on
my iPhone 7 Plus.

I was shocked at myself when I suddenly felt that Airpods, which are a complete waste of money, started feeling more like a 'necessity' because Apple took away the headphone jack. And I will probably have to buy another one of those stupid headphone adapters to carry in my bag in case I accidentally leave them at home.

Last night, I listened to music using my iPhone 6 Plus, and this morning, I listened to my meditation music using my iPhone 6 Plus as well.

I asked myself, I got the iPhone 7 Plus for what? Just so I will now have to carry more accessories around all the time?

Removing the headphone jack also shows that Apple has no concern for the public's health, and now wants to brainwash everyone to start using wireless headphones/earbuds 24/7, which causes a lot more exposure to EMF radiation. This is what angers me the most!

I have never hated an Apple product, but I hate that they took away the headphone jack!

Nargg

Banned
Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for a good review. Don't forget an increase in waste to landfills from used batteries....

P.S. I like a LOT of folks it seems, "updated" to the 6s variants.

Last edited:

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I hate the Apple ear plugs they won't stay in my ears, the new airpods will be the same and are $229 her lol, i use Bose QC35 bluetooth at home but have a pair of the old Bose oei2 i use when walking my dogs, so guess i am covered with ways, i wouldn't swap my 6S plus for a 7 plus not worth it, if i swap it would just the 7 and not even sure which colour have silver now which i like. Looked at the matt black today wasn't that impressed, the home button felt better on no 1 setting to me, i guess you would get used to it but wasn't sold from just using it in the store.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Thoughts on Day 1 of my new Rose Gold, 256GB, iPhone 7 Plus:

I hate it! Right now, I am 80% certain that I will return it and continue using my iPhone 6 Plus instead.

When I press on the Home button, the entire lower panel clicks. I feel like I am clicking on a toy.

I took photos of my iPhone 7 Plus using the iPhone 6 Plus and vice versa. I do not notice any difference in the quality of the photos.

The speakers are supposed to be twice as loud than the previous ones, I hear absolutely no difference.

I notice no increase in speed or performance when compared to my iPhone 6 Plus.

The breaking point is the fact that they took away the headphone jack.

I will shamelessly admit that I am an Apple fan, and have all of their gadgets.

When they decided to change to the lightning connector, I upgraded our iPads just so that they also use the lightning connectors.

I am also a minimalist, which was why I didn't want to have to remember to carry around different connectors, especially when we travel.

But this time, Apple has gone too far by removing the headphone jack! It is the most selfish, greedy, and non-health-conscious decision they have ever made so far! Not to mention how egotistical and unconcerned they are about people who have been loyal supporters of their products throughout the years!

They are basically saying to their fans that 'You are just a bunch of sheep, and it doesn't matter what I do, you will follow'!

The decision to remove the headphone jack was not due to 'courage', it was due to PURE GREED! Since I still use 'normal' headphones for my Surface Pro 4, I now need to carry the stupid Apple headphone adapter so that I can also use the normal headphones to listen to music on
my iPhone 7 Plus.

I was shocked at myself when I suddenly felt that Airpods, which are a complete waste of money, started feeling more like a 'necessity' because Apple took away the headphone jack. And I will probably have to buy another one of those stupid headphone adapters to carry in my bag in case I accidentally leave them at home.

Last night, I listened to music using my iPhone 6 Plus, and this morning, I listened to my meditation music using my iPhone 6 Plus as well.

I asked myself, I got the iPhone 7 Plus for what? Just so I will now have to carry more accessories around all the time?

Removing the headphone jack also shows that Apple has no concern for the public's health, and now wants to brainwash everyone to start using wireless headphones/earbuds 24/7, which causes a lot more exposure to EMF radiation. This is what angers me the most!

I have never hated an Apple product, but I hate that they took away the headphone jack!

If it impacts you that much that is your choice.
But seems Apple is moving in that direction so eventually it will be the only choice when it comes to iPhone , iPad etc.
It would be easier to me to just buy a extra adapter to have around or maybe a extra set of headphones one for each device etc.
another option is you could get one of those cases that have a storage compartment on the back side and put the adapter in there.
Not having a Aux port does not effect me that much but I can see why they switched from it when they already had a port capable of audio so why have two. Hopefully you can adapt or just stick with what works for you . Good luck

jaimeastin

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I agreed... So now you have to change your listing devices or carry an adaptor just because your phone does not support a standard...

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
You feel yo have nothing to lose.

Other feel they have lost out on something.

Negativity toward to latter is being a bully. Standard definition. Look it up. I'm sure you don't feel that way, but the reality is you are a bully. Sorry.

Are you reading what I said? I literally just said I wish Apple would have kept the headphone jack around....

I'm not being a bully. You're being illiterate.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Are you reading what I said? I literally just said I wish Apple would have kept the headphone jack around....

I'm not being a bully. You're being illiterate.

I would take with a grain of salt new accounts that barged in around release time and do nothing other than confront and twist facts and constantly try to get a rise out of anyone who doesn't trash the new iPhone.
Where I come from, it's called trolling.
And oddly enough, the most recent crop of new confrontational accounts all sound exactly the same.
:)

Nargg

Banned
Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I would take with a grain of salt new accounts that barged in around release time and do nothing other than confront and twist facts and constantly try to get a rise out of anyone who doesn't trash the new iPhone.
Where I come from, it's called trolling.
And oddly enough, the most recent crop of new confrontational accounts all sound exactly the same.
:)

Um, by your own post, you are trolling. Just saying.....

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
So much negativity in one thread, my my. Anyway, it's known the headphone jack was removed, so no, don't expect empathy from me about it when you knowingly bought a device that did not have it. That being said, I get the concern, I see OP's concerns. You have a return period that you can return it and be done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods