iPhone newbie here.

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to iMore and congrats on your new iPhone!!

The first thing you might want to do is prep your Android for data transfer.
Check out the Google Play store for the Move to IOS app and install it. Certain data like Contacts and Media can easily be transferred to your new iPhone during the setup process and even app recommendations.
Step by step instructions can be found in this article: http://m.imore.com/how-move-your-photos-contacts-and-more-android-iphone

Good luck and have fun!!!

stsullivan

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Stupid question I am also new if use the move to iOS app do you lose all your information on the google phone? I am definitely can forward to the switch from IPhone 7plus in

PDXMatt

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to iMore and congrats on your new iPhone!!

The first thing you might want to do is prep your Android for data transfer.
Check out the Google Play store for the Move to IOS app and install it. Certain data like Contacts and Media can easily be transferred to your new iPhone during the setup process and even app recommendations.
Step by step instructions can be found in this article: http://m.imore.com/how-move-your-photos-contacts-and-more-android-iphone

Good luck and have fun!!!
Thanks. I got it downloaded and ready to go.

Quick question about this. Can't I just use my contacts save within Gmail?

Last edited:

PDXMatt

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
Yes you can sync your google contacts easily.
Fantastic. I don't keep pics on my phone. I almost immediately send pics I want to keep to Google Photos. I have a trimmed down iTunes list for when I fly and don't have service. Otherwise,I will stream my Google Play Music to my phone and listen via BT in my car. That's why I only got the 32GB.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
You can also check out one of the many "show us your homescreen" threads on here for app ideas. Every so often I see an app someone has that looks interesting so I look for it in the App Store. There isn't one for the 7 Plus yet but I'm sure there'll be one soon.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Can Siri have an accent?

Yes, but there are not many choices.

477e4fcec4233cfd4cea96153563aa53.jpg

Ariza16

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore and iPhone, lol, and needless to say, We would also like a comparison of both OS coming from your POV, considering you been with Android so long and coming to iOS, that'd be great.

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Stupid question I am also new if use the move to iOS app do you lose all your information on the google phone? I am definitely can forward to the switch from IPhone 7plus in

No, your information should not be lost, in case you still plan on continuing to use your android. I would suggest though checking the app details on Google Play for clarification. I would also suggest backing up your Android prior to data transfer just in case.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR