iPhone newbie here.

PDXMatt

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys,

I have been using Android for nearly a decade so I ordered my very first iPhone (Matte Black iPhone 7 Plus). Rather than hijack other threads I created this one in an effort to get tips and tricks and app recommendations. Please be patient with me as I'm delicate. 😜

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Uhm hmmm, I don't know many tips or tricks per se but- if you want to charge the phone faster turn on low power mode or airplane mode.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Good stuff, mate. Welcome to the family.

Honestly, coming from an Android, you'll get the basics instantly. Its only the subtleties you might miss first time round. Hell, I still miss stuff and i've been using an iPhone since the beginning! :)

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
3D Touch is a great feature that will only get better with adoption. Get used to using it.

gmabev

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
Apple actually has an app, I think it's part of stock apps that is called Tips. Check it from time to time. Helpful info. Also Apple discussion boards a good source of help too. Good luck. Sure you will love it.

PDXMatt

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
Apple actually has an app, I think it's part of stock apps that is called Tips. Check it from time to time. Helpful info. Also Apple discussion boards a good source of help too. Good luck. Sure you will love it.
Oh that sounds handy. I'll definitely check that out. My phone should be here soon. My Spigen case actually already arrived. 😎

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Try to get used to swiping from left to right. This is the Apple equivalent to a back button. This gesture works in most Apple apps, and quite a few others too.

PDXMatt

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
Try to get used to swiping from left to right. This is the Apple equivalent to a back button. This gesture works in most Apple apps, and quite a few others too.
You know, I was wondering how that worked. I assumed you just had to go home and back to what you were doing.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I just remembered another one that will help you switch between apps. When in an app, hard press on the left edge of screen and swipe to the right to change to a previously used app. This is a global gesture... works in any app.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! I recommend searching around the forum and the iMore blog. There's a TON of information. Don't hesitate to ask questions!

PDXMatt

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
Thank you guys. I intend to search this forum extensively. I have been reading an iPhone tips and hacks site and learning a lot.