I have an iPhone 6s Plus from Verizon which I use with an AT&T SIM card. Works great on ATT and I have a Verizon tablet plan SIM card to use too when I can't get ATT service.

From what I have read, the Verizon iPhone 7 uses the Qualcomm LTE modems and the ATT iPhone 7 uses the Intel modem. Does anyone have an iPhone 7 plus from ATT and Verizon who can compare ATT LTE speeds between the two models?
    09-17-2016 11:46 AM
    There's no perceivable difference. Its just ppl out to make some sort of drama. Spec wise it says the Intel is capable of 450 Mbps while the qualcomm is 600 Mbps. You will never see speeds like that in the real work until 2 years from now at least. Both the Intel and Qualcomm modems have the same capabilities such as 3x CA. I have seen on person complain on a tread on another site and it was a 5 Mbps difference. This problem with that is you dont know the demand and interference of the tower and signal at that moment in time. Too many variables at play. If there is any issue then most of it will probably get sorted out with modem firmware updates. I see this every year with iPhones whne they first come out. No need to worry. But if you would like I have heard that best buy is selling qualcomm iphones and they are going to each carrier.
    09-17-2016 04:08 PM
    Trek thank you for the response. I was also wondering if one chip may have better radios.
    09-17-2016 04:26 PM
    There's no perceivable difference. Its just ppl out to make some sort of drama. Spec wise it says the Intel is capable of 450 Mbps while the qualcomm is 600 Mbps. You will never see speeds like that in the real work until 2 years from now at least. Both the Intel and Qualcomm modems have the same capabilities such as 3x CA. I have seen on person complain on a tread on another site and it was a 5 Mbps difference. This problem with that is you dont know the demand and interference of the tower and signal at that moment in time. Too many variables at play. If there is any issue then most of it will probably get sorted out with modem firmware updates. I see this every year with iPhones whne they first come out. No need to worry. But if you would like I have heard that best buy is selling qualcomm iphones and they are going to each carrier.
    Since it is 450mbps...I am assuming that the Intel baseband processor doesn't support qam 256?
    09-17-2016 07:20 PM
    There is some speculation that the intel chip is the XMM 7360. But the XMM 7480 also exists it speeds on that are also 450Mbps even though it's a cat 13 downlink with QAM 256
    09-17-2016 07:26 PM
    Intel's XMM7360 does not support the newest network features like 256 QAM and 4x4 MIMO, which are part of T-Mobile's latest network upgrades. But those features are optional on the X12, so Apple's X12 may not support them either. We don't know. The Intel and Qualcomm modems may or may not have the same overall LTE performance. We don't know that yet either.

This from the following article

https://twitter.com/saschasegan/stat...40992887267328
    09-17-2016 07:32 PM
    09-17-2016 07:50 PM
    Edit that post. The XMM 7480 is actually a 4 x CA, 256 QAM and 450 Mbps downlink. So I highly doubt it's the one in the iPhone 7. Also it seems QAM isn't everything and it seems that CA isn't targeted at faster speeds but balancing and capacity. Which the side effect is faster speeds.
    09-17-2016 07:51 PM
    It should comfort everyone that the X7 was used in the iPhone 6s afaik and not one single person complained.
    09-17-2016 08:02 PM
    This is interesting. I am going to try to swap my ATT model out for a Verizon one for resale value. They wouldn't let me do it when I picked it up bc that's not what i reserved, but said I could come back in the next 14 days to do it.
    tekjunkie28 likes this.
    09-17-2016 08:11 PM
    This is interesting. I am going to try to swap my ATT model out for a Verizon one for resale value. They wouldn't let me do it when I picked it up bc that's not what i reserved, but said I could come back in the next 14 days to do it.
    I have Verizon but this is one plus side when I sell them. I have sold two of my previous phones to friends with T-Mobile
    eyecrispy and luvesuga like this.
    09-17-2016 11:06 PM
    OK, theoretical stuff here. Verizon should have an edge. They are at a lower radio spectrum, which has a distance plus here. But their technology is behind AT&T, so there is room for debate.

Being an AT&T fan, I'll side on the added functionality that AT&T gives. And, the push toward the operability over speed. But overall, it falls more on your personal experience. Some find a better experience with Verizon, others with AT&T. YMMV. Choose what fits you best.
    09-17-2016 11:45 PM
    OK, theoretical stuff here. Verizon should have an edge. They are at a lower radio spectrum, which has a distance plus here. But their technology is behind AT&T, so there is room for debate.

Being an AT&T fan, I'll side on the added functionality that AT&T gives. And, the push toward the operability over speed. But overall, it falls more on your personal experience. Some find a better experience with Verizon, others with AT&T. YMMV. Choose what fits you best.
    ATT has lower frequency on there end for LTE. In fact the frequency here in 689mhz I believe. I'll look it up after breakfast. Also I heard that Verizon is buying top of the line stuff right now. Not sure how true that is. I'm an ATT fan myself now they their prices and plans are in an excellent position.
    09-18-2016 08:00 AM
    I travel between two buildings for work. One gets great ATT service the other Verizon. For that reason and the ability to resell the phone to someone on any of the US carriers is the reason I buy a Verizon model. It was basic curiosity and my obsession with good reception about the differences between the two models. I will have to try and sneak my att SIM card into an iPhone at the att store and see if there are any differences.
    09-18-2016 08:35 AM
    ATT has lower frequency on there end for LTE. In fact the frequency here in 689mhz I believe. I'll look it up after breakfast. Also I heard that Verizon is buying top of the line stuff right now. Not sure how true that is. I'm an ATT fan myself now they their prices and plans are in an excellent position.
    If you are referring to currently deployed spectrum then att has none currently in the 600mhz range . the lowest that they have is 704,which is 700mhz lower block b.TMobile does have lower block a which is 698,but that has interference issues with tv in some areas still I believe. And I am not sure if tmobile has this nationwide yet.
    tekjunkie28 likes this.
    09-18-2016 09:08 AM
    If you are referring to currently deployed spectrum then att has none currently in the 600mhz range . the lowest that they have is 704,which is 700mhz lower block b.TMobile does have lower block a which is 698,but that has interference issues with tv in some areas still I believe. And I am not sure if tmobile has this nationwide yet.
    Damn your right!! In my County and the 2 other counties north and adjacent to mine are block B and C. I wish they would just expand a little becurrently there is NO service through ATT in one place I would love to have service. I'm gonna make a public petition and have people us the mark the spot app and see what we can do. There has been only 1 mast added to a tower already in place on the near side of the mountain and that was back in 2012 I believe.
    09-18-2016 09:44 AM
    I travel between two buildings for work. One gets great ATT service the other Verizon. For that reason and the ability to resell the phone to someone on any of the US carriers is the reason I buy a Verizon model. It was basic curiosity and my obsession with good reception about the differences between the two models. I will have to try and sneak my att SIM card into an iPhone at the att store and see if there are any differences.
    Do you have a Verizon 7 right now? Are you using on ATT? This is exactly what I want to do. If so, let me know. I have some questions. I was unable to get a Verizon model launch day bc i don't have a Verizon account so couldn't reserve one.
    09-18-2016 06:23 PM
    Do you have a Verizon 7 right now? Are you using on ATT? This is exactly what I want to do. If so, let me know. I have some questions. I was unable to get a Verizon model launch day bc i don't have a Verizon account so couldn't reserve one.
    I have a Verizon model being delivered on Tuesday that I ordered online from Apple on Tuesday. I had a two year plan from when I bought a 6. A few months later I called and had it changed to a tablet plan. I couldn't make calls with the phone but I got data and that is all I wanted. I changed the tablet plan back to a call plan and then ordered the phone through Apple via their website. As of this afternoon Best Buy is letting you buy full price iPhone plus models but they are charging an extra $100 but you should be able to have them match Apple's prices. I may keep the phone plan this time since it is $20 for the line and $28 for 2 GB of data with my work discount.

I am also on ATT and that is my main service.my Verizon 6s Plus works great and has better reception than the ATT plus I bought last year but not as good as the 6 plus.

Any questions let me know.
    09-18-2016 06:52 PM
    I have a Verizon model being delivered on Tuesday that I ordered online from Apple on Tuesday. I had a two year plan from when I bought a 6. A few months later I called and had it changed to a tablet plan. I couldn't make calls with the phone but I got data and that is all I wanted. I changed the tablet plan back to a call plan and then ordered the phone through Apple via their website. As of this afternoon Best Buy is letting you buy full price iPhone plus models but they are charging an extra $100 but you should be able to have them match Apple's prices. I may keep the phone plan this time since it is $20 for the line and $28 for 2 GB of data with my work discount.

I am also on ATT and that is my main service.my Verizon 6s Plus works great and has better reception than the ATT plus I bought last year but not as good as the 6 plus.

Any questions let me know.
    Awesome! Do you plan to use the Verizon 7 on ATT? If so, let me know if wifi calling works. Last year, I got a T-Mobile model and couldn't get wifi calling to work so exchanged it for an ATT model and it started working. I know it's the same phone, so not sure what the deal is. I rely on wifi calling st home bc signal is weak here so it's important. Let me know when you get yours. Thanks!
    09-18-2016 06:59 PM
    Awesome! Do you plan to use the Verizon 7 on ATT? If so, let me know if wifi calling works. Last year, I got a T-Mobile model and couldn't get wifi calling to work so exchanged it for an ATT model and it started working. I know it's the same phone, so not sure what the deal is. I rely on wifi calling st home bc signal is weak here so it's important. Let me know when you get yours. Thanks!
    I am using the Verizon 6s Plus model on ATT. I have never used wifi calling but I will give it a try.
    09-18-2016 07:02 PM

Looks like it works. I just turned it on.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    09-18-2016 07:06 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...373a7e1c03.jpg

Looks like it works. I just turned it on.
    Awesome! Please let me know when you get your 7. Thanks for checking.
    09-18-2016 08:09 PM
    09-19-2016 04:22 PM