Whites are off on 7 plus

MiXoLoGiSt

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I got my iPhone 7 Plus today. I was wondering if any of you have noticed the whites aren't as white on the 7 plus? It seems like the whites are more white on the 6s plus, or maybe the iPhone 6s Plus seems brighter and that's why the whites look whiter?

Do any of you have both to compare side by side? I'm wondering if it's the way the screen is or if it's due to the Tech Armor screen protector i installed.

TiNuts

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
My 7's screen is noticeably "warmer" than my 6s+ screen - whites on the 7 have a slight yellow to them, or the 6s+ is slightly more blue.

purpleclad

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
My whites are exactly the same as my 6s Plus, which to my eyes seem very white. I had read a review from one one the major tech sites (sorry don't recall which one) that the whites on their test unit were noticeably warmer than their 6s Plus. That actually made me worry, because I am NOT a fan of the "yellow" whites. Luckily, my 7 Plus is as white as my 6s Plus.

Shawn0813

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
I noticed it on a YouTube video. The 7 looked dim and dull next to the 6s

I put mine next to a 6s plus and mine looks horrible. Also I took a few pictures and videos on both phones and they look better on the 6s plus. I am begging to wonder if I got a bad phone.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
My screen is great. It might be slightly warmer but this could due to the wide color gamut on 7. The colors are way better and pop. You have to remember that bright blue screen is not accurate when it comes to color. There is a reason TVs are calibrated to be much warmer than that Vivid blue they show in stores to correct color accuracy.

Not every screen will be the same. Give it time and your eyes will adjust to the new screen. Unless of course it's **** yellow then I would consult Apple.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
My screen is great. It might be slightly warmer but this could due to the wide color gamut on 7. The colors are way better. Not every screen will be the same. Give it time and your eyes will adjust to the new screen. Unless of course it's **** yellow then I would consult Apple.

The issue is the screen on the 7 should be an immediate and brighter difference which they aren't seeing. So I don't think they need to adjust ya know?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW