Huge fail for the 7+

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
What is the big deal on getting it on or near launch day? This is a two year commitment and if you have to wait a few weeks to get the phone, so what?

Apple is the king of marketing and these "inventory" issues is just more marketing, keeping up the demand. The more people crave the phone, the more they will ultimately sell.

This is exactly like every other launch. They dribble it out and keep the conversation going. I will get mine, but I sure as heck that I will not be sitting outside an Apple store to get it.

With the new OS, my 6S+ is like a brand new phone anyway

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
Are you for real? The folks at Foxconn already work in sub-optimal conditions, but yeah let's make their jobs even more difficult so you can get your $700 phone a week earlier. Most of those workers could never dream to buy an iPhone and yet you're complaining because you didn't get what you were "promised". Get some perspective.

Take it easy.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Apple should've had a better inventory on hand. Period( or they should've waited a extra week before releasing). I agree though, im sure it's all "marketing" and taking advantage of free advertising however.

In my opinion, they should stagger all the releases of new devices and by stagger I mean... open to online pre orders one week, the next move into Apple stores and then after another week release to carriers that way supply can be capable of meeting demand.

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
What is the big deal on getting it on or near launch day? This is a two year commitment and if you have to wait a few weeks to get the phone, so what?

Apple is the king of marketing and these "inventory" issues is just more marketing, keeping up the demand. The more people crave the phone, the more they will ultimately sell.

This is exactly like every other launch. They dribble it out and keep the conversation going. I will get mine, but I sure as heck that I will not be sitting outside an Apple store to get it.

With the new OS, my 6S+ is like a brand new phone anyway

Never had a phone for 2 years, in the last 6 months i have had 6s plus to 5C to SE to 6S plus to 6S to 6S plus :) will wait for a deal on a 7.

evangel77

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
Apple should've had a better inventory on hand. Period( or they should've waited a extra week before releasing). I agree though, im sure it's all "marketing" and taking advantage of free advertising however.

In my opinion, they should stagger all the releases of new devices and by stagger I mean... open to online pre orders one week, the next move into Apple stores and then after another week release to carriers that way supply can be capable of meeting demand.

Agreed...Patience is virtue, i don't want getting disappointed.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I didn't order in launch day because I wanted to see the jet black in person before deciding what colour to get.
I ultimately got the Rose Gold mainly because that's the colour of my watch.
So my ship date is Oct 12-18.
First time since the 5 that I haven't had the phone on launch day. My fault for my indecision.

Last edited:

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I live and work in the marketing world. This is not a shortage or miscalculation or a mistake of any sort. This is planned! This is exactly what Apple wants. They know that the public craves what they can not have. They build up the demand and let the phones trickle out just as slow as they can to keep the demand up.

If they sent every Best Buy and Apple Store a million phones each there would be no lines at stores, no threads about "how can I get one". They know that a few months from now they will have sold more phones than if they just released them all at launch.

I had an Apple employee tell me that they had more phones in the back but were only allowed to sell so many per day ( I think it was the launch of the 6).

I am not saying that I am immune from the hype. I was in the the store and they had "just a couple left" and I scooped them up even though I was not in the store looking for them. I was looking at an ipad and left with two phones.

It is brilliant and incredibly effective and I applaud Apple for being so smart

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Frankly, I've never preordered a single iPhone I've ever had simply because of all the hype/excitement/frustration/disappointment that seems to go with it so much of the time...and has increased lately. I've got a lot more important things on my life-plate than letting myself get freaked out over a phone.

I've always waited at least a week after launch day, walked into a local carrier store, and pretty much gotten what I wanted. My only miscue was not being patient enough to wait, & buying a 128gb 6 when all I needed was a smaller size because it was all they had left, and I got a big case of "gottohaveitnowitis"...but even so, I was in & out of the store in less than 30-minutes. Much better than the stress & worry of preordering...for me, at least.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Frankly, I've never preordered a single iPhone I've ever had simply because of all the hype/excitement/frustration/disappointment that seems to go with it so much of the time...and has increased lately. I've got a lot more important things on my life-plate than letting myself get freaked out over a phone.

I've always waited at least a week after launch day, walked into a local carrier store, and pretty much gotten what I wanted. My only miscue was not being patient enough to wait, & buying a 128gb 6 when all I needed was a smaller size because it was all they had left, and I got a big case of "gottohaveitnowitis"...but even so, I was in & out of the store in less than 30-minutes. Much better than the stress & worry of preordering...for me, at least.

Last year was my only time to pre-order. It came September 25, launch day. My only problem was FedEx not delivering until after 6 pm. It was rough watching everyone here get theirs while I was pacing my porch.

rafaelgood19

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
So today, I looked on the reservation stock site for apple and they had 7 pluses available! I made a reservation and went to pick mine up! I am so excited to have it!!! The guy who was upgrading me said that he was shocked I was able to do it because they had preorders to fufill...

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
At least they are in luck this year with the note 7 having its issues. I like Apple but man they are slowly taking a back seat to samsung. I hate to admit it but the s7 eats the iPhone 7 for breakfast.. no I'm not trolling either I love apple but it's getting sad to see the decline

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Hawk, do you ever have issues with software updates on Samsung devices? That's why I left Samsung, I didn't like that after refusing the KitKat update several times, Samsung forced it on me anyway and it totally bricked my Note 3.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Hawk, do you ever have issues with software updates on Samsung devices? That's why I left Samsung, I didn't like that after refusing the KitKat update several times, Samsung forced it on me anyway and it totally bricked my Note 3.
No they really cleaned up their software a ton... I used to despise using a Samsung because of the bloat and sketchy operating system but since marshmallow it's a finely tuned beast. As for hardware as much as I tried to be bias and like the iPhone 7 more because I'm an apple guy at heart I just can't deny the s7 is phone of the year hands down. (My opinion only)

MonkeyJunky

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
It is absolutely hilarious to me that people still feel like this was some kind of "poor planning" on Apple's part, lol!

This ain't rocket science.

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm torn people picking up a Silver 128GB tomorrow from Apple, then exchanging it for a Jet Black model later this year when they're readily available, or waiting for my ridiculously delayed Jet Black 128GB preorder to finally ship to me. I preordered before the system went live on the east coast (2:49 am EST), but I ended up receiving a shipping estimate of 10/14-10/21. Seeing my wife with her Gold 128GB that I preordered for her after mine was submitted is additional fuel to the fire!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods