Huge fail for the 7+

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
Online sales prior to launch exceeded expectations for the 7+ and there were just not enough to ship. Did the exploding Note have anything to do with it, who knows. Did they just not build enough? Who knows... did people who were promised phones yesterday get them.. most did. Yes, maybe they could have had more phone both online and in store. Did they underestimate 7+ and Jet Black 7 / 7+ Yep, you bet they did. -- Stuff happens!

Sorry, but thats not how it works. You dont just take pre-orders and allow all of your inventory to used up. You have to have store specific inventory in your pipeline. Apple messed up. There must be a delay that they arent admitting too. This isnt normal.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Frankly the way I always seen it was why should people get up early to pre order a device weeks in advance have to wait for a device when people can just walk into a store and pick one up on release day. I always viewed it as all pre orders should be filled before anyone is allowed to purchase one in store. That's my opinion you may not agree and that's perfectly fine. We all have our own ideas.

As for the launch fail I don't believe it was a fail. Most carriers said they had more pre ordered than ever with this model. Apple couldn't have predicted it especially with so many people saying I won't upgrade. Not enough changes. Well I guess it looks like most everyone did upgrade.

I pre ordered right when they went live. I got up early. I'm still waiting. I'm ok with it. It's a phone. I'll live. It will come.

Every year there are a group who because they didn't get the phone they wanted complain it's a fail. And from a business stand pointe it is a huge success. They are selling tons of them. They aren't worried if a few thousand people are upset they couldn't get one launch day.

PDXMatt

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
No, you're right. But the chances are better than expecting to walk into the store on launch day and walk out with your model of choice. I mean, unless you are a sucker for high anxiety line-waiting, why anyone would do that is beyond me. :)
You're right about that. I don't have the mental stamina to wait in line for hours. I'd get bored and leave.

Hoggles

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
That's nice in theory, but I signed my EIP at 11:58pm before the official pre-order time of 12:01am. I was setting up the Jump process and low and behold the iPhones were listed. So I actually got on before the pre-order and my phone won't be here until next week at best.

Nothing wrong with next week :)

Ed Boland

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
i don't think it is a big deal. i do not need the newest phone on launch day to keep up with the Jones's.

i have no problem waiting. let all those other sheep stand in line
This^^^

The iOS 10 update has plenty enough new goodies with it to keep my 6S Plus fresh enough to wait. No big hurry here to get the 7... might even wait it out for the 7S!

mikewhooo

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
We all know that Apple sells a ton of phones every year on release day. Lets say they make 10 Million units to sell to start but only sell 3 Million in the 1st month. Apple is then sitting on 7 Million units for an entire month which in return is money they have sitting that's not making them money like the interest they receive from the bank.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
There were no 7+'s in any stores anywhere. Not limited stock, NO PHONES. That's not a launch. It's not like last year at all.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

My post was in reference to you saying they chose the 16th to launch and that maybe they should've waited. They always launch around the same time after the keynote. Last year they waited to launch and people complained that they took too long. Does that mean that's what happened this year, no? Who knows what happened?

Maybe Apple needs to make sure those folks over at Foxconn work a bit harder and a little longer next time to get everyone the phone that they were "promised" on launch day.

mountainman15

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
My post was in reference to you saying they chose the 16th to launch and that maybe they should've waited. They always launch around the same time after the keynote. Last year they waited to launch and people complained that they took too long. Does that mean that's what happened this year, no? Who knows what happened?

Maybe Apple needs to make sure those folks over at Foxconn work a bit harder and a little longer next time to get everyone the phone that they were "promised" on launch day.

Are you for real? The folks at Foxconn already work in sub-optimal conditions, but yeah let's make their jobs even more difficult so you can get your $700 phone a week earlier. Most of those workers could never dream to buy an iPhone and yet you're complaining because you didn't get what you were "promised". Get some perspective.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Are you for real? The folks at Foxconn already work in sub-optimal conditions, but yeah let's make their jobs even more difficult so you can get your $700 phone a week earlier. Most of those workers could never dream to buy an iPhone and yet you're complaining because you didn't get what you were "promised". Get some perspective.

Wow! I was being sarcastic to the person I was responding to...hence promised being in quotes! I'm typing this post on my 7 plus so go fight your little battle with someone else.

mountainman15

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Wow! I was being sarcastic to the person I was responding to...hence promised being in quotes! I'm typing this post on my 7 plus so go fight your little battle with someone else.

My bad, I guess I missed the sarcasm. The level of entitlement in some of these threads is ridiculous and your post pushed it over the edge, but I missed the context.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I do feel like stock was rearranged to fulfill their own preorders, prior to being shipped to retail partners.

I definitely agree. I actually thought that was always the case. I read an article yesterday that said that because there is a class action lawsuit against Apple for the upgrade program, stock was pulled to get those people their phones first. I don't know how true it is but it makes sense.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
My bad, I guess I missed the sarcasm. The level of entitlement in some of these threads is ridiculous and your post pushed it over the edge, but I missed the context.

No biggie and I agree. After reading some of the posts in these threads I actually thought about the people at Foxconn the other day and I felt really bad. They can only do so much. Things sell out. That's it. I felt good knowing I had a phone for me and it was on the way. I had no choice but to wait until I got it. I just happened to get it yesterday. Apple said the phone released on the 16th. They didn't promise that everyone would get one.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I went in to Apples site at 12:03am PST - Selected my iPhone 7 Plus in black. Elected to upgrade my AT&T 6s Plus and had a confirmation email at 12:06am ... iPhone arrived yesterday as promised. I am a happy camper, have done it this way several times.

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I definitely agree. I actually thought that was always the case. I read an article yesterday that said that because there is a class action lawsuit against Apple for the upgrade program, stock was pulled to get those people their phones first. I don't know how true it is but it makes sense.

I made the mistake of preordering from AT&T, which may have added to my delay.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm not trying to complain but Apple did a terrible job with inventory on the 7+. 5 att stores in my area received zero 7+. Best buy didn't even have any shipped to them either. I'll never understand why apple does this to us, the customers. They know which colors will sell out (both black phones) and which ones won't as quickly (rose gold/silver).

Due to their **** poor planning, nobody is getting anything. But there were plenty of iPhone 7s that I could get but cmon, everyone knows the 7+ is the better of the two!

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Apple should have known better. There is no excuse to not have any plus in stores. You allot so many for preorders and allow some to be in store. What kind of launch doesn't even have the device in store?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh