Best Buy called me....no iPhone 7 Plus delivered

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
From what I have been hearing on twitter and other social media Apple underestimated the draw of the plus model this time around. Seems like they still can't seem to get enough stock in for launch day. You would think after so many years doing this they would have it go much smoother.

Lol Apple didn't underestimate anything, they planned this down to every detail and I guarantee you they know exactly the morass they've created for their customers, that's what they're counting on.
Everything is working exactly as they planned.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
But they won't vote with their wallets. They'll be mad and still upgrade. Pointless

If it were me I would be on the phone with apple costumer support and asking for a refund. If not a refund then they better give me some sort of compensation like money off the price of the phone, a gift card, free apple care, a free case, or something. If not, I would be done with apple and take my money and by the Note 7.

aokusman1

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
If it were me I would be on the phone with apple costumer support and asking for a refund. If not a refund then they better give me some sort of compensation like money off the price of the phone, a gift card, free apple care, a free case, or something. If not, I would be done with apple and take my money and by the Note 7.

Read somewhere that bestbuy is giving $100 bestbuy certificates. Good by them.

Blackwood504

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
I work for best buy, no best buy anywhere received the iphone 7 plus in any storage capacity for the general public. So if you came in off the street you are not going to get a 7 plus unless someone ordered one and then canceled it. That is going to be the case at every store - AT&T, Verizon, Wal-Mart, etc. I ordered a 7 plus jet black 256 and mine phone hasn't come in yet. These phone come from Apple...it really has nothing to do with any store you are preordering from because apple has to fill the orders and apple doesn't tell retailers when they should expect them which is why stores do not know when they are going to get them.

If you received a email saying your order is ready...your order is ready. The phone is in the store and has a tag with your name on it right now lol. Hope that helps.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
From what I have been hearing on twitter and other social media Apple underestimated the draw of the plus model this time around. Seems like they still can't seem to get enough stock in for launch day. You would think after so many years doing this they would have it go much smoother.

I find that hard to believe. Apple should have learned from the Iphone 6 Plus launch that the bigger model would be the most popular. This year they added a new camera to the Plus models only and they are surprised that is the model most people are looking to buy?? SMH

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
I work for best buy, no best buy anywhere received the iphone 7 plus in any storage capacity for the general public. So if you came in off the street you are not going to get a 7 plus unless someone ordered one and then canceled it. That is going to be the case at every store - AT&T, Verizon, Wal-Mart, etc. I ordered a 7 plus jet black 256 and mine phone hasn't come in yet. These phone come from Apple...it really has nothing to do with any store you are preordering from because apple has to fill the orders and apple doesn't tell retailers when they should expect them which is why stores do not know when they are going to get them.

If you received a email saying your order is ready...your order is ready. The phone is in the store and has a tag with your name on it right now lol. Hope that helps.

It better have a big tag!!! LOL Im just paranoid now because i got the email around 4 a.m. that its ready for pick up, but my reservation isnt until 4:30!!!!

BrayBreBai

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
I find that hard to believe. Apple should have learned from the Iphone 6 Plus launch that the bigger model would be the most popular. This year they added a new camera to the Plus models only and they are surprised that is the model most people are looking to buy?? SMH

The thing about it is that I work in Quality at a warehouse and the fact of the matter is that it's all about supply and demand. If your supply don't meet your demand, there's nothing you really can do. Then to actually have to add quality on top of that, it's amazing that they have the amounts that they do. Apple can say we need 35 million for launch but if their suppliers say we can't do that then Apple's hands are tied.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I just received an email from Best Buy informing me that "We have iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, order now!!!"

... liars.
I'm already preordered through Apple so I don't care but this is sleazy,

Blackwood504

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
It better have a big tag!!! LOL Im just paranoid now because i got the email around 4 a.m. that its ready for pick up, but my reservation isnt until 4:30!!!!

Yea, that usually means that someone in the store (yup someone is in the store that early) matched your order to the phone and scanned it into the system. So it's there but I would go until your reservations time because there are other people that have reserved time before your and you basically would be attempting to skip them in line. And it usually is a large tag lol.

Blackwood504

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
I just received an email from Best Buy informing me that "We have iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, order now!!!"

... liars.
I'm already preordered through Apple so I don't care but this is sleazy,

yea anyone who has a my best buy account got that email I think. it's just a broad advertising email. it's not saying that any store near you has it in store.

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Lol I just got an email advert from Walmart saying iPhone 7 available now.... I know for sure Walmart has hardly any supply except for maybe that demo.

Shawn0813

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
How can they not have peoples reservations? They actually wanted payment up front this year.
I received an email this morning that my reservation is ready for pick up to check in at 4:30. They better have my phone! LOL

They better have my phone as well or we will have problems.

MonkeyJunky

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
Read somewhere that bestbuy is giving $100 bestbuy certificates. Good by them.

Yup, reports all over the internet about $100 credits towards the next purchase at the store. At least it's something for those who pre-ordered and got nothing. Also just goes to show that pre-ordering from carriers or retailers is never a better option than directly through Apple (if possible).

awtryau89

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
I just left a large Best Buy here in Atlanta. They got around 15 Pluses in today. The employee even had one he purchased today. He said they had people lined up all night and had to tell them they had no Pluses which was true at opening. He said around 1PM a UPS truck pulled in the back and delivered their stock. No one knew it was coming. The warehouse guys came running in and told the mobile guys. They were all gone within 30 mins. He felt sorry for all those that waiting in line because all left and the people that got them were just random people.

Blackwood504

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
Yea you will receive something like this in your email (provided you gave a valid email address).

Thank you for pre-ordering the iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus with Best Buy.

Unfortunately, there's been a delay in getting you your device. We apologize for the inconvenience, as we know you are excited about your new phone.

Your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus is expected to arrive by Friday, Oct. 7, perhaps sooner depending on your location. You can view your order status on BestBuy.com/OrderStatus.

Also, we want to try and make up for the delay by offering you a $100 discount on your next purchase at Best Buy.
$100.00 off your next purchase
Promotional Code: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
PIN: xxxx
Valid through: October 16, 2016
We value you as a Best Buy customer, apologize again for the inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.
Sincerely,
Your Best Buy Customer Care Team

They if i'm not mistaken your money will be refunded to you as well until it comes in.

BrayBreBai

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
I just left a large Best Buy here in Atlanta. They got around 15 Pluses in today. The employee even had one he purchased today. He said they had people lined up all night and had to tell them they had no Pluses which was true at opening. He said around 1PM a UPS truck pulled in the back and delivered their stock. No one knew it was coming. The warehouse guys came running in and told the mobile guys. They were all gone within 30 mins. He felt sorry for all those that waiting in line because all left and the people that got them were just random people.

Wow! I live in Atlanta. I wonder which one

tinybfk

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Funny thing. I went to BestBuys website earlier today and saw that a bunch of the iPhone 7 plus listings said I could add them to my cart. I figured I would get another error like when I attempted to preorder but went through the steps anyways. I went through all the steps and purchased the black iPhone 7 plus in 128gb I wanted and a couple of hours later I got a shipping confirmation. My phone should be here next week since I didn't want to pay for faster shipping.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen