Best Buy called me....no iPhone 7 Plus delivered

Matador

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Just got a call from Best Buy to let me know to not bother coming to pick up my Pre-order. They didnt receive any 7 Plus phones.

That's just crap! When I picked up my 6 Plus a couple years ago...it was same day and went extremely smooth!

You would think that processes should get better not worse??? Come on Apple...what the hell? I slept like crap last night anticipating picking up my new phone and now I just get to sit around and wait for a call that my phone is now in. Best Buy has no idea when they will be getting them in.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
If they didn't get any , then they didn't get any.. Supply issue... You will get one next week for sure. Good luck!

Matador

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I totally get that they didnt get any. You would think that Apple would have been better prepared and had the stock to at least keep up a little. I was like 3rd on the list for a Black 7 Plus at my local store and for them to not receive any Plus 7's is crazy!

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Just got a call from Best Buy to let me know to not bother coming to pick up my Pre-order. They didnt receive any 7 Plus phones.

That's just crap! When I picked up my 6 Plus a couple years ago...it was same day and went extremely smooth!

You would think that processes should get better not worse??? Come on Apple...what the hell? I slept like crap last night anticipating picking up my new phone and now I just get to sit around and wait for a call that my phone is now in. Best Buy has no idea when they will be getting them in.

This is what I've been saying: The devices may be very nice but absolutely nothing is worth getting treated like that when you pay top dollar for a product, sorry.

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
That's why I never go through Best Buy. They told me years ago that their pre-order was just a list to get it when it came in and that they could never guarantee what they would have on launch day.

arftech

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

I know getting your phone is important to you but did Best Buy offer a $100 credit to purchase anything from their store? I would think that's a good compromise.:)

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
This is what I been saying. Like many apple fans I enjoyed the excitment of getting the newest phone on launch day but as I have gotten a older and wiser I realized that its really not worth the hassle/ uncertainty sometimes of rushing out to get the phone on launch day. The phone isn't going anywhere and by waiting you will have a easier time getting the phone size, storage, and color you want without being a long line or being told it's sold out etc.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
We just got our shipment of iPhone 7 pluses in. We had several people here when we opened that did not get phones.

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I preordered a watch, Series 1, for my wife through Best Buy to be shipped to my house. It originally said due to my house today but I got an email this morning saying that it won't be here until October 7th. Luckily my wife's birthday is the 9th I guess. What bothers me is that every Best Buy near me has the watch in stock today but I am unable to change my order to pick up. Kind of dumb to me.

aokusman1

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
That's why I never go through Best Buy. They told me years ago that their pre-order was just a list to get it when it came in and that they could never guarantee what they would have on launch day.

Some people who went to pick up at Apple had the same experience.

aokusman1

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
How can they not have peoples reservations? They actually wanted payment up front this year.
I received an email this morning that my reservation is ready for pick up to check in at 4:30. They better have my phone! LOL

These people reserved their phones on preorder day but never got the ready for pick up email. They called Apple and they said it should be fine. Got to the store and the phone was not there.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
These people reserved their phones on preorder day but never got the ready for pick up email. They called Apple and they said it should be fine. Got to the store and the phone was not there.

That sucks! I would be beyond mad at that point especially if they charged for the phone already.

qnet

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
How can they not have peoples reservations? They actually wanted payment up front this year.
I received an email this morning that my reservation is ready for pick up to check in at 4:30. They better have my phone! LOL

Seems like you should be ok if you got the email.

dseiden

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
From what I have been hearing on twitter and other social media Apple underestimated the draw of the plus model this time around. Seems like they still can't seem to get enough stock in for launch day. You would think after so many years doing this they would have it go much smoother.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro