Show off your iPhone 7 Plus!

LizzieLiz001

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Haha, actually I've not opened it yet. I think I'm going to return it. The Glossy black while beautiful just seems like its going to be a scratch magnet. I didn't read up on it until after I ordered it.

Or if someone maybe has some thoughts on this: I use a case with a magnet inserted inside it to mount in my car to one of those CD magnet mounts. Is it a pretty safe assumption that its going to scratch the hell out of the phone with the magnet inserted in the case?

Maybe you can get a clear skin for the back. This will protect it from scratches and with some skins you can still use a case.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I never opened my jet black 7, either. Returned it today and the guy at the Apple Store freaked out bc they're so rare. He couldn't believe I was returning it.

Did you return yours for the same reasons I'm thinking of returning mine, i.e. scratching it to pieces? I know its just a phone, but I'm really anal about it and don't know if I could handle it if it got all mauled up. But I tell you what, its a beautiful piece of equipment.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Did you return yours for the same reasons I'm thinking of returning mine, i.e. scratching it to pieces? I know its just a phone, but I'm really anal about it and don't know if I could handle it if it got all mauled up. But I tell you what, its a beautiful piece of equipment.

Well yea. I never actually opened it bc I saw it at the store when I was picking up my matte black one and it was smeared with prints. I didn't see any obvious scratches on it but have seen enough evidence on the inter-webs to know it doesn't take much to scratch that sucker. I LOVE the look, however, so stared at the box for a few days before finally returning it yesterday.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
It's mean to hear from people who preordered the jet black and then returned them if you're one of the ones still stuck on preparing items.

Stop rubbing it in!

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
It's mean to hear from people who preordered the jet black and then returned them if you're one of the ones still stuck on preparing items.

Stop rubbing it in!

Hahaha, I know. I knew it was awful to post. I'm still on the fence about it. It's seriously calling me in that black box to open it and start setting it up.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I bit the bullet and opened it, couldn't take it. I ordered a matte black to and will compare when it arrives. Still thinking I'll go with the Matte Black though.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I bit the bullet and opened it, couldn't take it. I ordered a matte black to and will compare when it arrives. Still thinking I'll go with the Matte Black though.

How about picking up an Apple leather or silicone case for it, since they both have microfiber insides? I'm definitely getting a matte black when they become available to pickup at T-mo.

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I got a Rose Gold 7 Plus and I think it's a beautiful phone. I like the way they moved the antenna l
lines. Plus I can tell a difference in the screen. It seems brighter with more vibrant colors. I ordered a Pink Sand silicone case from Apple. Very happy with the phone!

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
So here are my photos of the Jet Black. I have to say, this thing is sooooo nice to hold. It actually has a better grip than the aluminum in my opinion. I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I'm keeping it, I want to see how the Matte Black looks as well. But here's mine, with the blacked out dock an folder icons.

IMG_2379.JPG

IMG_2381.JPG

IMG_2380.JPG

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site

LizzieLiz001

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I came home to find this beauty waiting for me... Formthe first time I'm thinking I may not use a case unless I can find a clear case that is 100% clear.IMG_0080.JPGIMG_0082.JPGIMG_0082.JPG

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox