No iPhone 7 Plus in store at Apple on Friday

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I been trying to tell all my friends on Facebook and stuff that they shouldn't waste their time going to stores today without a pre order looking for a Plus model in particular. It seems Apple wasn't lying when they said all Plus models in all colors are sold out and would not be available for walk in's on launch day. So if your camping out now without a pre order and looking for a Plus, I would say go home and order online and wait it out.

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I picked my phone up at the  store in Woodbridge VA and they said no Plus models at all unless you did a preorder...the crowd was not pleased.

I learned my lesson and preordered my phone. I got to the store around 7:55 there were 3 other people in the reservations line. I was in and out by 8:15. They didn't make me do setup so I'll just take care that while I'm work since I got in early.

jaymojones

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
I picked my phone up at the  store in Woodbridge VA and they said no Plus models at all unless you did a preorder...the crowd was not pleased.

I learned my lesson and preordered my phone. I got to the store around 7:55 there were 3 other people in the reservations line. I was in and out by 8:15. They didn't make me do setup so I'll just take care that while I'm work since I got in early.

Good to hear that. I was hoping to preorder and pick up at the store, but was too late (ordered at 3:05am). So just waiting for it to come in the mail.

qnet

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
My phone is coming next week, but I checked online just for the heck of it. They indeed weren't lying about no Plus models. Getting up early and pre ordering actually paid off, especially doing it through Apple.

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
Do we think they are sandbagging at all?
If the give an Oct 6-13 range, is it likely to get in early?
Under promise and over deliver?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Update if any of you live in Norfolk/Virginia Beach areas of Virginia the Apple Store at Lynnhaven Mall is rumored to have three 7 plus models available for walk in's. My friend just posted a status on Facebook saying a few people canceled their order and some are up for grabs as he just got one.

murphcid

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
I just went to the AT&T store, and was told no anticipated delivery date on the 7 plus. It really pissed me off since I was getting it for my daughter. I just wanted a basic silver model. I was told at two different AT&T stores that they anticipate it to be months before they get any stock. F' it I'll just get her another phone.

mountainman15

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
I just went to the AT&T store, and was told no anticipated delivery date on the 7 plus. It really pissed me off since I was getting it for my daughter. I just wanted a basic silver model. I was told at two different AT&T stores that they anticipate it to be months before they get any stock. F' it I'll just get her another phone.

It's not going to be 'months' until they get stock...weeks maybe, but not months. Having no anticipated ship date means nothing, they could get some tomorrow for all they know. Even Apple Store employees don't know exactly how much stock they're getting until the delivery truck shows up.

MonkeyJunky

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
I disagree. Regardless if someone preorders a phone or they stroll into a store for a phone, they're doing so because they know they already want it. And in the case of iProducts, hundreds of thousands of people already want them even before they hear the official announcement. I feel if Apple wants to illustrate how popular their devices are, they should be able to boast that ___ million people have preordered and will receive their device upon launch. Additionally, they should be able to say that ___ million people walked into their carrier during launch weekend and picked up new iPhones.

Granted, this is just from my point of view and I'm pretty bad with delayed gratification. My mom loves telling the story of when I was in preschool and the teacher was teaching us a lesson. She said that she had 5 balloons right now and she could give them to a few students. But tomorrow she would have enough balloons for the whole class and we could all enjoy them at the same time. She asked which we wanted to do. Of course most kids said that they wanted to wait until tomorrow. As I was leaving, I went up to the teacher and said "I don't think you understand me, I want the red balloon and I want it now!" I'm a bit ashamed to say that about 33 years later not much has changed, because I want the 128gb matte black iPhone 7+ and I want it tomorrow :).

Again, you're looking at this purely as a consumer. I understand, it sucks to not get what you want, when you want it without any resistance. Society has moved into an "entitled' mentality. At the end of the day, Apple creates enormous hype and demand by shorting stock up front, and it works perfectly every single year. Disagree with the dynamic of that decision all you want, but accepting it is an important step in my opinion (and no, accepting it does not mean agreeing or being satisfied by such, it literally just means accepting reality).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRTkCHE1sS4

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Again, you're looking at this purely as a consumer. I understand, it sucks to not get what you want, when you want it without any resistance. Society has moved into an "entitled' mentality. At the end of the day, Apple creates enormous hype and demand by shorting stock up front, and it works perfectly every single year. Disagree with the dynamic of that decision all you want, but accepting it is an important step in my opinion (and no, accepting it does not mean agreeing or being satisfied by such, it literally just means accepting reality).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRTkCHE1sS4

Oh I know it works, as per their sales every year. I'm just saying that I wonder if having plenty of stock available for everyone on launch day would be even better for them. How many people, upon hearing of limited stock, don't even bother to preorder? If people don't want to stay up past midnight to preorder, how many more preorders would there be if people woke up, strolled into work at 8, casually peruse the Apple website or their carrier page, and see that preorders will still be shipped on launch day instead of into October or November? How many walk-in sales would there be if people could grab what they wanted on launch weekend? Instead it's more "Oh cool, it sure is popular. A lot of good that does me since I can't get one."

And no, I don't feel "entitled" to one, even though I want one. Those are two different things.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Entitled? Lol. Apple sure feels entitled to get our money now, that entitles customers to expect their new phones now.

MonkeyJunky

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
Oh I know it works, as per their sales every year. I'm just saying that I wonder if having plenty of stock available for everyone on launch day would be even better for them. How many people, upon hearing of limited stock, don't even bother to preorder? If people don't want to stay up past midnight to preorder, how many more preorders would there be if people woke up, strolled into work at 8, casually peruse the Apple website or their carrier page, and see that preorders will still be shipped on launch day instead of into October or November? How many walk-in sales would there be if people could grab what they wanted on launch weekend? Instead it's more "Oh cool, it sure is popular. A lot of good that does me since I can't get one."

And no, I don't feel "entitled" to one, even though I want one. Those are two different things.

The system works. I understand that your frustrated attitude toward it makes it seem like you have a better idea, but to be honest, don't you think if more money was out there following your logic on it, that a business would jump all over that? Money talks, and in this case, defines what the best course of action is and has been for years.

The end of your previous post was basically the definition of entitlement, no offense (and is the reason that Willy Wonka song popped in my head).

Evilguppy said:
Entitled? Lol. Apple sure feels entitled to get our money now, that entitles customers to expect their new phones now.

I think you're a little confused about what that word means or how it is applied. In the case of Apple, they don't really have any reason to feel entitled as people willingly throw bags of money at them for new iPhones.