T-Mobile iPhone launch day

kikazz69

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone ever been to a T-Mobile store on launch day? I have not pre ordered the iPhone 7 but I was thinking what my luck would be walking in to a T-Mobile store and getting the iPhone 7+ with 32GB

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I've gotten iPhones on launch day at T-Mobile stores, "sometimes" even more than the base memory models, like 64gb or 128gb.
But the T-Mobile inventory is usually pretty slim, I would highly suggest getting to the store before it opens and go to a bigger store in a wealthy neighborhood.
When I've done the store thing there has never been a big line, but the supply has always been limited, if the store you go to does not have any, ask them to call some other stores to check and see if they have any in-store.
Those are the things that have always worked for me on launch days.
Hope that helps.
Cheers
Davyo

kikazz69

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
I've gotten iPhones on launch day at T-Mobile stores, "sometimes" even more than the base memory models, like 64gb or 128gb.
But the T-Mobile inventory is usually pretty slim, I would highly suggest getting to the store before it opens and go to a bigger store in a wealthy neighborhood.
When I've done the store thing there has never been a big line, but the supply has always been limited, if the store you go to does not have any, ask them to call some other stores to check and see if they have any in-store.
Those are the things that have always worked for me on launch days.
Hope that helps.
Cheers
Davyo

Thanks !

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying my luck at T-Mobile stores on Friday morning too. I have SEVERAL in my area (Kansas City suburbs) to choose from. A couple of stores open at 9, and most open at 10. My plan is to go to one that opens at 9, and if they don't have any I'l rush to one that opens at 10 and try my luck there. I'm taking the morning off, regardless.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I've always had more luck in store at tmobile then pre ordering. Seems whenever I pre order from apple or tmobile the ship date gets backed up so fast I don't bother with it. Even if it takes a week and keep checking stores I've always gotten one sooner in store.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
A friend who is a manger said the stores (at least in our area) are not going to be getting more than a couple if any. He stated Apple cut their supply to fulfill their orders and that the carrier stores are trying to fulfill preorders and so it would be rare to find in store.

spizike23

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
It's going to be almost impossible to get one let alone the one you want specifically on launch day and most corporate stores open at 8am only authorized open later and I doubt they are getting any

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes... so 5 colors x 2 phones = 10 options x 3 different GB sizes = 30 phones -2 for Jet Black (no 32) = 28 different iPhone 7s.

If the store gets 10 / 12 / 20... it's really hit or miss. If they get 12, that is 16 (color / size / type) that they don't have. It's a wild crapshoot this year.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Apple dropped the ball this year. They should have ensured they had inventory to meet demand, and the carriers should have as well. Looks like they created this buzz to get everyone talking, which it did but for me, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth about all of it. This is my first pre-order, first time staying up until 3am to do such and I still am sitting on a back ordered device.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to call around to a few T-Mo locations later this afternoon and see if they can tell me what kind of stock they'll have. If it sounds like they won't have much then I'll stay in bed. It's looking like it's going to be pouring down rain tomorrow morning here anyway.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
In hopes of getting one tomorrow since my preorder is not coming tomorrow, I called every T-Mobile store within 50 miles, thats about 20 stores or so. None have gotten 7 pluses and only one has received any regular 7s and that was a total of 3.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I think a T-Mo rep is messing with me. I called asking about 7+ availability for tomorrow. He said they'll have a handful and asked what iteration I was looking for. I told him matte black 128gb and he said he thinks he has a few of those. I asked him if they opened at 10 (because that's the time listed on Google Maps) and he told me 8. Am I being taken for a ride here??

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
I think a T-Mo rep is messing with me. I called asking about 7+ availability for tomorrow. He said they'll have a handful and asked what iteration I was looking for. I told him matte black 128gb and he said he thinks he has a few of those. I asked him if they opened at 10 (because that's the time listed on Google Maps) and he told me 8. Am I being taken for a ride here??

Best Buy are opening at 08:00 tomorrow, too...!

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Since T-mobile has a strong prepaid base they have a lot of stores in neighborhoods that cater to those customers if you know what I mean. Check out a store in one of those areas and I suspect your chances of finding a 128 or 256 model would be greater. Just saying

spizike23

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Our store only got 3 iPhone 7 128gb black I'm hearing that's what all stores got no chance at Plus on launch day unless surprise shipment comes

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I just came from Costco here (shopping for an event) and walked past their phones. I did not see any Apple products there at all. Do they even carry Apple / iPhones / iPads?

They do carry iPads. Not sure about iPhones.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner