Launch Day store stock

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone know if the Apple Store carries cases ahead of time? I want to stop by and pick up a case tomorrow before it gets nuts, and maybe chat up the campers too.

Yes. You can order online now for in store pickup. I got apple cases today at the Apple Store.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Might be. If not, matte black then.

Apple said today "iPhone 7 Plus in all finishes and iPhone 7 in jet black sold out and will not be available for walk-in customers. Availability at partner locations for all finishes may vary and we recommend checking directly with them." Wishing everyone the best of luck. Anxious to see who gets what on Friday!

jayk82

Trusted Member
Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Apple said today "iPhone 7 Plus in all finishes and iPhone 7 in jet black sold out and will not be available for walk-in customers. Availability at partner locations for all finishes may vary and we recommend checking directly with them." Wishing everyone the best of luck. Anxious to see who gets what on Friday!

Might have to be a regular 7 for me then...or more likely I'll get nothing tomorrow. Gotta try anyway!!!

Last edited:

mjsavage

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I just called my local Apple Store. He checked and said they will not have any jet black and limited number of other colors for the plus for walk ins.

MonkeyJunky

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
I just called my local Apple Store. He checked and said they will not have any jet black and limited number of other colors for the plus for walk ins.

I'd be curious what he "checked". Straight from the horses mouth, there will be ZERO stock of the 7 Plus for walk ins tomorrow.

dseiden

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like the best bet if you are desperate is to pre-order now and then wait in line to see if there is an off chance the store has something for you. It sounds like there won't be much out there in terms of Plus and very little of the standard 7.

I have one friend who is thinking about waiting in line but has switched to calling carrier stores now as it looks like the apple store while more fun or a crowd (maybe) will be less likely to have what he wants.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
In hopes of getting one tomorrow since my preorder is not coming tomorrow, I called every T-Mobile store within 50 miles, thats about 20 stores or so. None have gotten 7 pluses and only one has received any regular 7s and that was a total of 3.

erwaso

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
AT&T corp stores around me say they are not allowed to talk about their stock. Some said they didn't get it yet, not until early tomorrow morning.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
In hopes of getting one tomorrow since my preorder is not coming tomorrow, I called every T-Mobile store within 50 miles, thats about 20 stores or so. None have gotten 7 pluses and only one has received any regular 7s and that was a total of 3.

Rats. I'm betting I'll get the same responses when I call a few tonight as well.

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I've been told the same thing by AT&T and Best Buy in Columbus, GA. We don't have an Apple Store here, and I didn't check with Target or Walmart either.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Rats. I'm betting I'll get the same responses when I call a few tonight as well.

I called 3 T-Mobile stores in my area. They told me there would be no plus models available tomorrow at any T-Mobile store. I just find this hard to believe. I think they are just messing with people and trying to discourage a mass group of people showing up. May be wrong, we'll find out soon enough.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I called 3 T-Mobile stores in my area. They told me there would be no plus models available tomorrow at any T-Mobile store. I just find this hard to believe. I think they are just messing with people and trying to discourage a mass group of people showing up. May be wrong, we'll find out soon enough.

Well considering Apple released this... "Beginning Friday, limited quantities of iPhone 7 in silver, gold, rose gold, and black will be available for walk-in customers at Apple retail stores. During the online pre-order period, initial quantities of iPhone 7 Plus in all finishes and iPhone 7 in jet black sold out and will not be available for walk-in customers. Availability at partner locations for all finishes may vary and we recommend checking directly with them." It's more than possible that they will not have any inventory at T-mobile either for 7+

doitlarge

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
First in line at a Verizon Retailer in VB, VA. Manager shows up at 7:45am and tells us no pluses. Guess the reports were correct.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods