iOS 10 battery

Shawn0813

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed a drastic drop in battery life since updating to iOS 10. Reason why I ask is I updated last night and this morning my phone is down to 20 percent battery life in 2 hours.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm noticing it too, and it seems that my home and lock screen is the culprit! Trying to figure out what to do to about that!

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I noticed worse battery life for several hours after I updated last night (updated around 4:30, went to bed around 11:30). This morning it has seemed to stabilize, and I think I'm getting BETTER battery life than before. I have the raise to wake disabled, if that makes a difference.

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Don't forget that your iOS device will need to index everything that is on Spotlight. This may take quite a while and result in a temporary battery drain while your device is indexing. Once this is done your battery life should be better than on iOS 9 according to the reviews.

jameslaz

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi all, So I am not the only one with this poor battery life issue.

Here is what just happed to me and it this has been going on since I started the iOS 10 Beta program.

My phone was plugged in charging and at 100% on my desk and I got up and took my phone. Did a little texting and played a game for about 10 minutes, my battery dropped to 66%, 5 minutes later it dropped to 43% then within 5 more minutes it actually shut down due to a low battery. I got back to my desk, plugged it back in and when it restarted it showed 44% battery!!! I am running iOS 10 Gold Beta and from what I understand that is the same and the final release and when I check for an update is says I am up to date. If that is the case then could it still be iOS 10 that's causing my issues? I am getting my new iPhone 7 Plus in a few weeks so I won't have to worry about it but I would kind of like to get it fixed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
James

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site

Here is what just happed to me and it this has been going on since I started the iOS 10 Beta program.

My phone was plugged in charging and at 100% on my desk and I got up and took my phone. Did a little texting and played a game for about 10 minutes, my battery dropped to 66%, 5 minutes later it dropped to 43% then within 5 more minutes it actually shut down due to a low battery. I got back to my desk, plugged it back in and when it restarted it showed 44% battery!!! I am running iOS 10 Gold Beta and from what I understand that is the same and the final release and when I check for an update is says I am up to date. If that is the case then could it still be iOS 10 that's causing my issues? I am getting my new iPhone 7 Plus in a few weeks so I won't have to worry about it but I would kind of like to get it fixed.

Thank you,
James

For you seems like you just need to do a reset and reinstall iOS 10. Or downgrade to 9.3.5

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site

Thank you,
James

My guess is that your battery had something happen to it or that it was a bug in the update. Your battery should not do that obviously. Cases where phones die at different percentages than 1% typically have swollen batteries. If you can press your index finger on the screen and thumb on the back and feel a substantial movement on your phone then take it to Apple. If that is not the case, do a restore and set up as new but make sure you backup your info. Hope this helps.

For me though my 6s Plus has been a little bit worse off, went from 73 to 65 over night and usually goes down 1-2% and since I woke up and grabbed it my phone has gone from 65 down to 17 in about 9 hours with a ton of music play back and YouTube Red with the screen off. A few texts and some browsing on my break but that's it. I usually get home at around 60-70% after work so I will have to see. Hoping my 7 Plus is a little better.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
yep, noticed battery drain also. wonder if apple will come out with an update to address this.

Not sure if one is needed. I am on the GM and I have no battery drain. Give the phone 2-days to settle and index everything including Spotlight Search and see if that fixes it.

Last edited:

CPR

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
After 7 hours of moderate Internet use, email, texting, etc., I'm at 67%
IPhone SE/64GB/TMobile

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I ran the beta for awhile before the final release, and haven't noticed any difference vs what I saw with iOS 9. I've read some people say that the raise to wake feature has negatively impacted their battery life, but that hasn't been the case for me.

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I returned to iOS 9.35... My battery drain so fast with 10... I'm not sure if after 2 days the battery will be normal again... Anyone with good feedback now?!
I really want iOS 10, but I don't want charge the phone all day ( and j have 3 mophie cases .........

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW