iOS 10 battery

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
This is reported every year after a major update. There are always reports of poor battery life. Give it a few days and things will settle down.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've been on iOS 10 for 2 months, and battery life is good. Check Settings for location services, system services, and push notifications. Turn off anything you don't need. If you have "Share My Location"on, turn it off. Swipe Facebook out of multitasking.

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
How to revert to ios9.35?

Search Google " 9.3.5 ipsw" download it to your device, after download: connect to iTunes with usb, put the iPhone in dfu mode, when iTunes says "iPhone found in recovery mode" click "shift+"restore" and search the file.

nikkimd11

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
I actually haven't run into any battery problems since updating to iOS 10 (updated the day of release). Honestly my battery lasted less the 1st and second day but I'm sure it's because I increased my use of the phone checking out all the ios10 features and messing around with the new iMessage effects. When I check battery usage my messages app use is up there. It's possible that many feel their battery is draining more but it may be they are using their phone more. But on the other hand a drop so drastic in battery percentage is definitely not normal. Let's hope those experiencing this issue get a fix soon in a software update.

rumpelst

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
I have also had a battery drain problem but did a chlean install of software and now it is better than on 9.3.5. You need to wait 2 days to judge battery cause of some process system have to do in the backround after updating.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I'm running the 10.0.1 GM Beta on my 6s & my formerly not-horrible battery life has gone in the toilet. I've removed my profile from the Beta site, and I'm hoping my battery performance increases at least back to "normal" with the next official update.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm running the 10.0.1 GM Beta on my 6s & my formerly not-horrible battery life has gone in the toilet. I've removed my profile from the Beta site, and I'm hoping my battery performance increases at least back to "normal" with the next official update.

Let us know if that changes anything. I still have the profile, but my battery life seems ok. I was having a small drain issue, but turning off "Share My Location" fixed it. I'm betting your problem is somewhere in settlngs or with an app or two.

jameslaz

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi all, So I am not the only one with this poor battery life issue.

Here is what just happed to me and it this has been going on since I started the iOS 10 Beta program.

My phone was plugged in charging and at 100% on my desk and I got up and took my phone. Did a little texting and played a game for about 10 minutes, my battery dropped to 66%, 5 minutes later it dropped to 43% then within 5 more minutes it actually shut down due to a low battery. I got back to my desk, plugged it back in and when it restarted it showed 44% battery!!! I am running iOS 10 Gold Beta and from what I understand that is the same and the final release and when I check for an update is says I am up to date. If that is the case then could it still be iOS 10 that's causing my issues? I am getting my new iPhone 7 Plus in a few weeks so I won't have to worry about it but I would kind of like to get it fixed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
James

Sadly it was not my iOS. I did a full phone wipe and installed a fresh copy of iOS 10 and set my phone up as new and the battery problem persists. I can't get more than a couple hours of use now. I am so happy me new iPhone 7 Plus will be here today or tomorrow. This is the first time I have had an hardware issue with an iPhone and I have owned many.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2