Waiting in line on launch day? What time?

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I already have mine on preorder but I work almost directly next to a pretty big corporate store for AT&T and will be driving by it around 6:45-7am. If nobody is there I will most certainly be "late to work" and will likely buy my wife a phone as a semi surprise.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So as we get closer and closer to launch day, those of you who are planning to wait in line with no reservation, what time do you plan on getting there? (At Apple or your carrier store)

I did preorder a device but am traveling for business and have a corporate Verizon store across the street from me. My flight leaves Friday at 11:45am so what the heck I might try to pick one up by waiting in line.

When I worked for Verizon and did iPhone 6 launch we (sales reps) got to the store at 6:30ish and opened at 8. When I arrived there was a few ppl waiting.

I was thinking I will try to get in line at 6. What about you?

Five minutes before you..... :)

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm going to Verizon after I drop kids off at school tomorrow. I'm not getting my hopes up, but I live in podunk nowhere and am hoping there'll be one waiting for me to take home.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Here is the quote if you want to avoid the link.... I read it last night.

"We couldn?t be happier with the initial response to iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, and we are looking forward to beginning sales through our retail stores and partners around the world. Beginning Friday, limited quantities of iPhone 7 in silver, gold, rose gold, and black will be available for walk-in customers at Apple retail stores. During the online pre-order period, initial quantities of iPhone 7 Plus in all finishes and iPhone 7 in jet black sold out and will not be available for walk-in customers. Availability at partner locations for all finishes may vary and we recommend checking directly with them.

Customers can continue to order all models in all colors on apple.com. We sincerely appreciate our customers? patience as we work hard to get the new iPhone into the hands of everyone who wants one as quickly as possible."

Wishing everyone that did not get a pre-order delivery the best of luck. Trust me, I totally feel your pain and disappointment. My biggest complaint this year, was not getting the size I wanted and maybe having to stay late at work tomorrow for delivery. Nothing compared with dreams dashed of being able to get the phone tomorrow at all. My sincere sympathy.

PlainEnvelopes

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to Verizon after I drop kids off at school tomorrow. I'm not getting my hopes up, but I live in podunk nowhere and am hoping there'll be one waiting for me to take home.

I am doing the same thing. Here to hoping. If not I will either watch the apple website for inventory updates next week or order it and wait two weeks.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I'll show up at 10am
d8301a1191e125b2da5d1a18b6977f78.jpg

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm just going to reserve one the day of and everyday after and never pick it up for the first 2 weeks LOL #notatroll

You know... Apple totally deserves to get trolled like this.
If enough people were to do that, it would probably cause enough headaches for them to rethink their marketing hysteria plan.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I wish we had an Apple Store. All we have are a corporate Verizon, a Best Buy, and a ton of authorized retailers and I'm pretty sure BB and the corporate store will get stock first. Hopefully they restock within the next week as my 14 day return on my 6S+ will be up

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
You know... Apple totally deserves to get trolled like this.
If enough people were to do that, it would probably cause enough headaches for them to rethink their marketing hysteria plan.

This trolling would never work considering I don't think people would want to charge a phone to their CC to troll Apple. As my picture shows above for my reservation, I had to make full payment to reserve.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Oh that's dumb then, there goes that idea

Yup. Last year you could reserve with your Apple ID and password. Then pay in store. I reserved 2 for in store pick up tomorrow. I had to make full payment to get the reservation. It's just like a typical online order where you get web order number but tennis time you pick your pickup time. Just on the pic I showed about, edited out my order number.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Yup. Last year you could reserve with your Apple ID and password. Then pay in store. I reserved 2 for in store pick up tomorrow. I had to make full payment to get the reservation. It's just like a typical online order where you get web order number but this time you pick your pickup time. Just on the pic I showed about, edited out my order number.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
This trolling would never work considering I don't think people would want to charge a phone to their CC to troll Apple. As my picture shows above for my reservation, I had to make full payment to reserve.

Damnit. Master plan goes down the toilet. Lol.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner