Anyone having buyer's remose

Nargg

Banned
Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
From what I've seen, there seems to be a rush on the older 6s models. So from my perspective it seems a lot of folks are passing on the 7 for a see as to what will occur next year. The only real plus I see in the 7 is that awesome camera in the Plus variation. I can see why "Craig" is excited about the new phone since his avatar has a camera. The stereo speakers could be viewed as better too, but smart phones I've tested with this speaker setup really don't shine that much in this area. But the other advances, such as the normal bump in CPU power were smaller than previous bumps. (6 to 6s was an 80% bump, 6s to 7 was 50% et al) And with no form factor updates, it's kind of a bummer to many. I held off for many reasons this iteration, and have my hopes the 7s or 8 or whatever they call it is a real update. And not a "downdate" as I have others have seen it to be.

Madscotsman

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
Not at all, this phone flies and has a superb camera, the new home button is a nice change, doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would, and I really don't miss the headphone jack

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
If I'm reading this correctly, you already own one and thus using it day to day, no?
So, it is worth the upgrade, is that what I'm reading?

Not at all, this phone flies and has a superb camera, the new home button is a nice change, doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would, and I really don't miss the headphone jack

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
From what I've seen, there seems to be a rush on the older 6s models. So from my perspective it seems a lot of folks are passing on the 7 for a see as to what will occur next year. The only real plus I see in the 7 is that awesome camera in the Plus variation. I can see why "Craig" is excited about the new phone since his avatar has a camera. The stereo speakers could be viewed as better too, but smart phones I've tested with this speaker setup really don't shine that much in this area. But the other advances, such as the normal bump in CPU power were smaller than previous bumps. (6 to 6s was an 80% bump, 6s to 7 was 50% et al) And with no form factor updates, it's kind of a bummer to many. I held off for many reasons this iteration, and have my hopes the 7s or 8 or whatever they call it is a real update. And not a "downdate" as I have others have seen it to be.

Actually even though I am a Photographer, I actually did not get the 7+ this time, but the 7 in Matte Black. I would love to have the camera(s) and the upcoming software change, but the 7+ is just too large for my hands and day-2-day use. So I did upgrade from the 6 to the 7 based on all the other factors and NOT the camera.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Oh hell no: My Apple toys are my only splurges, the rest of my life is small and frugal, and I will enjoy every Apple splurge to its fullest, lol.
I haven't had buyers remorse on anything since I started to support myself decades ago.
Life's too short for buyers remorse.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I have a remorse whenever I purchase a sort of expensive item. The latest was my iPad Pro. Even during the purchase I kept on hesitating hitting the PAY NOW button. Then after making the purchase I thought why did I spend all that monies just because the iPad is bigger than the older one. Well I still have the iPad Pro.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Heck no. I have been excited for this purchase for some time now. I have been with a 6 for 2 years now. The 7 Plus I am getting is a big change for me.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Heck no. I have been excited for this purchase for some time now. I have been with a 6 for 2 years now. The 7 Plus I am getting is a big change for me.

And that's exactly who will most benefit from this upgrade. You & others that are coming from a 5, 5s, and 6 model iPhones. To you, the 7 is a large & exciting improvement in almost all areas. To some, like me who...with the upgrade to iOS10 are newly satisfied with their 6s & 6s+'s...the "upgrade" isn't as big a deal.

Not saying I won't take the plunge, but I'm just not in a hurry.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
How can you have buyers remorse without even having he phone in your possession ? Now maybe after I get the phone I might feel a certain kind of way they way I did last year but as of now I'm still excited.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
And that's exactly who will most benefit from this upgrade. You & others that are coming from a 5, 5s, and 6 model iPhones. To you, the 7 is a large & exciting improvement in almost all areas. To some, like me who...with the upgrade to iOS10 are newly satisfied with their 6s & 6s+'s...the "upgrade" isn't as big a deal.

Not saying I won't take the plunge, but I'm just not in a hurry.

Pretty much my sentiments. Even last year when I had a 6 Plus I waited until after launch day to try and come up on a 6S Plus after being on the fence about it for 10 days. This time around I don't feel much excitement or the urge to actually get the 7 at all. Don't feel like going through the hassle of trying to sell off my phones either. I'm sure I'll eventually get the 7 Plus, just not in the near future.

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
No buyers remorse at all. I am very excited about the new phone. I'm sure I'll be jealous next year, but then the year after that I'll upgrade again so the cycle goes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR