Who's Taking a Vacation Day for Delivery?

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
All carriers have the option of holding a package at a local hub where the recipient can pick up. Agree to disagree. I think that burning through your sick time or vacation time for a PHONE is just plain silly.

I don't have a local hub... nothing where I live is local. Closest Apple store is 140 miles (each way). Some of us have to do, what we have to do..

guinnkevinr

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
All carriers have the option of holding a package at a local hub where the recipient can pick up. Agree to disagree. I think that burning through your sick time or vacation time for a PHONE is just plain silly.

With a combination of 30 sick and vacation days a year, I don't have to worry about it much and have plenty of time for other things. Taking a day off for reasons I choose is far from idiotic.

MonkeyJunky

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
One of the perks of working for yourself is being able to just work from home for this kind of thing. The downside is vacation days don't technically ever exist anymore, lol.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
With a combination of 30 sick and vacation days a year, I don't have to worry about it much and have plenty of time for other things. Taking a day off for reasons I choose is far from idiotic.

I sort of live where I work. Manage a gated community, so our house is in the community. My office is about 1-block. But I am normally there 10-3, but will get there at 9am just in case something odd happens and UPS or FedEx shows up early. We know the drivers... and it's a small town. I doubt they will be here early. The trick is not having to sit there until 7pm if they're running late. Could be an ugly long day. Worse since we have 100 people coming the next day for a hosted BBQ.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

I think the beauty of VACATION time (or Paid Time Off) is that you can use it WHENEVER you want for WHATEVER you want. There really isn't a right or wrong reason to use your own personal paid time off.

Personally, I'm not using PTO for the iPhone delivery. This year I've got other uses for my paid time off. But in years past I have taken an extra hour or two of paid time to ensure the delivery and receipt of my device.

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm a high school senior and have a few free periods and blow off classes during the day so I will probably race home and be there to receive my package and head back to school, but not before I get lunch that isn't school food

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm a high school senior and have a few free periods and blow off classes during the day so I will probably race home and be there to receive my package and head back to school, but not before I get lunch that isn't school food

Who is going to sign for it? Or did you do a signature waiver?

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Who is going to sign for it? Or did you do a signature waiver?

No one lol. My high school is so large that I can slip out during a free period and come back without anyone noticing. It's not that big of a deal as long as I tell my mom where I am so she's updated on my whereabouts.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
No one lol. My high school is so large that I can slip out during a free period and come back without anyone noticing. It's not that big of a deal as long as I tell my mom where I am so she's updated on my whereabouts.

Just for my own wonderment! How will you know UPS is at your house that exact moment for you to slip out and be there to sign for the box? Does UPS call you 15 min before and say "Hey Cameron, I am on my way.. slip out of HS and head home to sign for the box?"

I gotta know!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal