Apple Care +

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I've been using square trade. I just buy the 2 year plan and switch it to the next phone so it will be covered.

mikezmac

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
I usually just get the insurance with the service provider. With T-Mobile it's not much, but i think the deductible is like $175?
Last year and this, I've gotten Apple Care for my watch since it's only $49. Lately I've been debating on getting it for the phone though. Thoughts? Pros? Cons? I keep my phone in excellent condition so I'm never worried but...idk

With iPhone always get apple care. They have awesome awesome support.

The resale of iPhones is the best of all phones. With Apple care is a huge boost to selling. They can buy a product under waretee!!

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
So I guess I'll just add this here instead of making a new post. Since I'm new to the whole Apple Care+ thing, does it automatically transfer over to a new device?

I purchased AC+ for the first Apple Watch and also for the Series 2. AC+ extends the care for two years, but I received an email for the new AC+ on the S2 stating that I now have 3 years?

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
From my understanding, Apple Care is per device. I typically buy Apple Care for all my devices. So, with my iPhone 7 Plus, I did the same. Today, I received the email and certificate...

So I guess I'll just add this here instead of making a new post. Since I'm new to the whole Apple Care+ thing, does it automatically transfer over to a new device?

I purchased AC+ for the first Apple Watch and also for the Series 2. AC+ extends the care for two years, but I received an email for the new AC+ on the S2 stating that I now have 3 years?

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
From my understanding, Apple Care is per device. I typically buy Apple Care for all my devices. So, with my iPhone 7 Plus, I did the same. Today, I received the email and certificate...

Weird that it said I had three years then.

anon(9343851)

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Anyone thinking of getting AppleCare+ just for the $29 screen repairs: do consider that an out-of-warranty screen repair is $149, which is cheaper than getting a screen repair in addition to paying for AppleCare+.

Of course if you need multiple screen repairs (or if you destroy your iPhone) by the time you get a new iPhone, then AppleCare+ is cheaper.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Anyone thinking of getting AppleCare+ just for the $29 screen repairs: do consider that an out-of-warranty screen repair is $149, which is cheaper than getting a screen repair in addition to paying for AppleCare+.

Of course if you need multiple screen repairs (or if you destroy your iPhone) by the time you get a new iPhone, then AppleCare+ is cheaper.

I was told screen repair is 149 for Apple care and 179 for non Apple care (here)

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
That is beyond lame! That's the only reason to upgrade

e0ebe8d4b05dfd73349a98ce2beb0db7.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods