Apple Care +

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I usually just get the insurance with the service provider. With T-Mobile it's not much, but i think the deductible is like $175?
Last year and this, I've gotten Apple Care for my watch since it's only $49. Lately I've been debating on getting it for the phone though. Thoughts? Pros? Cons? I keep my phone in excellent condition so I'm never worried but...idk

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I always get Care. For peace of mind mostly. I take very good care of my phones, but it is still an electronic devices and things can go wrong. Accidents happen when you least expect it as well. It is also cheap when you put it into perspective what you pay for the phone. Thankfully I have never had to use it.

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
For my 6 Plus, I bought both Apple Care Plus and the carrier insurance, mainly because Apple Care Plus does not cover theft or lost. If I spent that much money on the phone, I am not going to go cheap on the insurance. :D

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I always get Care. For peace of mind mostly. I take very good care of my phones, but it is still an electronic devices and things can go wrong. Accidents happen when you least expect it as well. It is also cheap when you put it into perspective what you pay for the phone. Thankfully I have never had to use it.

And hopefully you never will have to.

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
For my 6 Plus, I bought both Apple Care Plus and the carrier insurance, mainly because Apple Care Plus does not cover theft or lost. If I spent that much money on the phone, I am not going to go cheap on the insurance. :D

To bad Apple doesn't have a plan that would cover all devices instead of having to purchase individually. (Wishful thinking)

Nargg

Banned
Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Considering the cost of Apple Care, and/or Carrier coverage, My homeowners insurance deductible would be about the same as what their replacement costs are plus the cost of the coverage. Kinda a wash to me. So I get no coverage, and do my best to keep the phone clean and problem free otherwise. Everyone's situation is different though, so do the math and get what works best for you.

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Considering the cost of Apple Care, and/or Carrier coverage, My homeowners insurance deductible would be about the same as what their replacement costs are plus the cost of the coverage. Kinda a wash to me. So I get no coverage, and do my best to keep the phone clean and problem free otherwise. Everyone's situation is different though, so do the math and get what works best for you.

Yeah, I may have to just try it once and see how everything goes.

jneusch

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site

I do the same thing. I have taken advantage of apple care more than once with great results. You will only pay a deductible if you damage the phone. If it fails or acts up outside the 1 year warranty, you will get a replacement with no charge.

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I used the service on two of the four devices I purchased it for, I probably won't purchase it again for myself. I'll definitely purchase it for my wife though.

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I used the service on two of the four devices I purchased it for, I probably won't purchase it again for myself. I'll definitely purchase it for my wife though.

Yeah, I was looking at that earlier and thought "dang, that's not bad at all." Especially considering third-party places charge close to $100 i think.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I get Apple care with all my devices. The Great Klutzy One does not take chances.

... Hey btw how do you guys type the little apple thingie? I'm on an iPad.

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I get Apple care with all my devices. The Great Klutzy One does not take chances.

... Hey btw how do you guys type the little apple thingie? I'm on an iPad.

Are you using a keyboard, or typing right on the iPad?
On my phone i just have the logo saved as a shortcut.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh