Well, famous last words, lol

anon(9776449)

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
You just got me exited for the matte black color while I was reading. Can't wait to see it in stores.
By the way I'm really happy for you. Go for it.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
AT&T. We were at the headquarters of a local state park with really shoddy connection but there was a cell tower on the opposite ridge line across the valley and he had 4 dots LTE. And I swear he used the browser (Safari) and every page loaded faster than I could blink, it was almost surreal. But he was also running his very own version of IOS10, which he could not show me because whatever he's working on is still in development, but I kid you not, it was lightening fast. I'm on Verizon, I have no idea if I'll get that kind of speed in the same location but it's a good thing my hair is short or his phone speed would have blown it clear across the valley, lol.

The 7 Plus processor may be snappier than the older one in the 6/6s...but I can assure you that iOS10 is much faster an OS than iOS9 even on the older phone.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I am so glad for you! I felt so badly after you cancelled your original order.. you were so excited. So lets hope that time flies and you will soon be updating us on your new phone!

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Truth be told, I already have a wallet case for it, though after listening to my fellow trainee who keeps his phone naked, I'm wondering if it's even useful... But then I am not an Apple employee with unlimited access to replacement phones, so I'll go the safe route and put it in a case, lol.

anon(9776449)

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Truth be told, I already have a wallet case for it, though after listening to my fellow trainee who keeps his phone naked, I'm wondering if it's even useful... But then I am not an Apple employee with unlimited access to replacement phones, so I'll go the safe route and put it in a case, lol.

When you get it, creat a new thread and post a picture for us of you new iPhone! Super exited for you!

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
It's a matter of personal opinion. I think it is. You don't have to.

I guess my question is similar. What is sexy about it to you? Considering you've seen it when most of us haven't, what can you say about the design that appealed so much to you?

I imagine the way the new black finishes (Jet and Matte) look add to the appeal? Aside from that, I'm not sure how much more "sexier" the phones could be?

Personally, I'm going with the matte black. I've typically had the white/silver model in all phones since the 5. So I'm excited for a change in color.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I guess my question is similar. What is sexy about it to you? Considering you've seen it when most of us haven't, what can you say about the design that appealed so much to you?

I imagine the way the new black finishes (Jet and Matte) look add to the appeal? Aside from that, I'm not sure how much more "sexier" the phones could be?

Personally, I'm going with the matte black. I've typically had the white/silver model in all phones since the 5. So I'm excited for a change in color.

I guess someone else said it best on another thread:
Black looks more high end.
On the front, the face is all black, the colors and font pop up amazingly sharp and crisp and bright against the black, the visual contrast is pleasing to the eye, it looks very futuristic.
On the back, it's matte like a pebble you'd find on the beach.
I didn't get to hold or touch it but he said it felt really good and steady in hand.
Its really a nice looking phone, very classy.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I guess someone else said it best on another thread:
Black looks more high end.
On the front, the face is all black, the colors and font pop up amazingly sharp and crisp and bright against the black, the visual contrast is pleasing to the eye, it looks very futuristic.
On the back, it's matte like a pebble you'd find on the beach.
I didn't get to hold or touch it but he said it felt really good and steady in hand.
Its really a nice looking phone, very classy.

That's what I was hoping to hear honestly. That is exactly why I'm going with the black one this time around.

Thanks.

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Ha! I ordered as well. Late in the day on Friday (6:30 P.M. or so CDT). We have ship dates of 10/12 but I expect it earlier than that. Our 6 Pluses were pre-ordered at the same time on launch day and we got them on September 24.

We had a good deal offered to us by Verizon and our phones are both two-years-old and out of warranty, so we took it.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I had gotten the 6, two years ago. But my middle aged eyesight started laughing and swearing at me, so I sold it 3 months later and got the 6 Plus. I have no choice, lol.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm going for the 7 Plus in Matte Black for the first time since my shiny iPhone 4s and i'm glad that you think this colour looks good, Evilguppy.

The Space Grey left me a bit cold but i'm glad to be back in black!

Nargg

Banned
Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I reordered.
How I managed to get a September 27 to 29 delivery date I'll never know.

AT&T is notorious for over stating the length of order ship dates. I've seen it 1/2 of original wait time from experience. So you should have your new phone soon, good luck on the best date. Though I feel the ability to keep that date is because of market trepidation on the change making the new iPhone not much of a big seller as in the past. This year I've actually seen longer wait times on the older iPhone 6s, I have a co-worker with a "Sept 30" date for his 6s Plus (he is always a year behind BTW)

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm on Verizon but I ordered through Apple so I have no clue what will happen.
... I'm trying to keep my mind off it by hiking my head off, lol.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm on Verizon but I ordered through Apple so I have no clue what will happen.
... I'm trying to keep my mind off it by hiking my head off, lol.

Hiking can't even take my mind on it! I was on a hike this past weekend and while I was taking pics with my 6s+ I wished I already had the 7+ to try out the camera in the beautiful (well, as far as the Kansas City metro goes lol) setting!

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Hiking can't even take my mind on it! I was on a hike this past weekend and while I was taking pics with my 6s+ I wished I already had the 7+ to try out the camera in the beautiful (well, as far as the Kansas City metro goes lol) setting!

I do find that it makes the wait more bearable.
My man and I got to our cabin in the Sierras last night and this morning first thing we see a huge bobcat just feet from the deck.
And he looks like he's been checking us out for a while so my mission today is to find him to take some pics.

... Yes, with my iPhone 6 Plus, lol.
But if he lets me make friends, perhaps he'll pose for a portrait once I get my 7 Plus?

He's huge, he's getting his winter fur on already, big tufts on his ears and enormous paws.
If I can photograph him when I get my 7, it'll be really neat because the zoom will be clearer.

Since this kitty is wild, I must be very careful and respectful to not break boundaries or trust. ��

So yeah, hiking helps, but only a little, lol.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I do find that it makes the wait more bearable.
My man and I got to our cabin in the Sierras last night and this morning first thing we see a huge bobcat just feet from the deck.
And he looks like he's been checking us out for a while so my mission today is to find him to take some pics.

... Yes, with my iPhone 6 Plus, lol.
But if he lets me make friends, perhaps he'll pose for a portrait once I get my 7 Plus?

He's huge, he's getting his winter fur on already, big tufts on his ears and enormous paws.
If I can photograph him when I get my 7, it'll be really neat because the zoom will be clearer.

Since this kitty is wild, I must be very careful and respectful to not break boundaries or trust. ��

So yeah, hiking helps, but only a little, lol.

Oooh I hope you get some great pics!