Well, famous last words, lol

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
So I cancelled my iPhone order because of the delivery date.
But today I went to a training and one of my fellow trainees turns out to be... An Apple software engineer who happens to be working on IOS10 and he has...

AN IPHONE 7 PLUS 256 GB MATTE BLACK.

And it's flippin gorgeous.
Running IOS10.

He's not allowed to let anyone hold or touch it but he showed me a third party app I was interested in.

And ooooooooh.
Forget what I said the other day.
I reordered.
How I managed to get a September 27 to 29 delivery date I'll never know.
I rearranged my schedule so I could be home for the delivery.
Oooooooooh my goodness that phone is knee buckling pretty.
And it's so fast.
And the screen.
BUT No W I CANT WAIT I WANT IT NOOOOWWWW!!!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm happy for you. But I have to admit it sounds weird your not allowed to touch or feel it, like if somebody from Apple his keeping an eye on him. Guess he just didn't want to give his phone out of hand .

Anyway, let us know how you like your new phone once you have it.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
No, he was told that until people have received or picked up theirs on the 16th, he must not let anyone touch or hold it.
And he couldn't show me how IOS10 runs on his phone but what little I saw, OMFG, it's a little rocket. We were in a mountainous area with shoddy connection and his pages loaded effortlessly.
And the device itself is simply stunning.

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
It's great to hear that the situation worked out for you. I'm assuming the southeast was overloaded, since I preordered a iPhone 7 Plus 128GB Jet Black 2 minutes after the preordering started, but I received the 10/14-10/21 shipping timeframe from AT&T.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Did you ask to see the adapter?!?!?!? (Sarcastic)

No seriously, there is no head phone jack! :p

Just messing, glad to see you back on the order sheet!!

:rotfl:

Seriously I'm still drooling. That thing is so sleek and sexy and blow your socks off fast and clear and aaaaah. 3 weeks.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm still annoyed to no end about the fact the September 16 date only applies to SOME. But as far as building a top of the line product that outperforms all others and looks as good as iPhones do, they're unbeatable.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
AT&T. We were at the headquarters of a local state park with really shoddy connection but there was a cell tower on the opposite ridge line across the valley and he had 4 dots LTE. And I swear he used the browser (Safari) and every page loaded faster than I could blink, it was almost surreal. But he was also running his very own version of IOS10, which he could not show me because whatever he's working on is still in development, but I kid you not, it was lightening fast. I'm on Verizon, I have no idea if I'll get that kind of speed in the same location but it's a good thing my hair is short or his phone speed would have blown it clear across the valley, lol.

planoman

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
So I cancelled my iPhone order because of the delivery date.
But today I went to a training and one of my fellow trainees turns out to be... An Apple software engineer who happens to be working on IOS10 and he has...

AN IPHONE 7 PLUS 256 GB MATTE BLACK.

And it's flippin gorgeous.
Running IOS10.

He's not allowed to let anyone hold or touch it but he showed me a third party app I was interested in.

And ooooooooh.
Forget what I said the other day.
I reordered.
How I managed to get a September 27 to 29 delivery date I'll never know.
I rearranged my schedule so I could be home for the delivery.
Oooooooooh my goodness that phone is knee buckling pretty.
And it's so fast.
And the screen.
BUT No W I CANT WAIT I WANT IT NOOOOWWWW!!!

The initial dates can change quite a bit. I remember scrambling to get a case and screen protector for my 6S+ because it shipped so much faster than the initial date. I currently have a week of Oct 4th delivery for my 7+ and expect to get it sooner. Once your credit card gets charged, they are getting ready to ship it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh