Apple Retail stock

iJuan

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Might sound dumb, but does anyone know if retail stores will have stock on launch day? I was unable to get my order though Apple and Verizon at midnight. Online stores didn't open for me until 12:14am PST, all iPhones by then had ship date of November

And on online  store I couldn't do in store pickup or reservations.

I want to wait for it on launch day but don't know if they will have stock?

Jason Cockerham

Community Reviews Team Leader
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Might sound dumb, but does anyone know if retail stores will have stock on launch day? I was unable to get my order though Apple and Verizon at midnight. Online stores didn't open for me until 12:14am PST, all iPhones by then had ship date of November

Yes! All apple stores will have a select amount of stock on launch day. Think of the apple online store as it's own separate Apple Store. They get their own separate inventory and the retail stores get their own set of inventory. The retail stores will absolutely have stock on launch day. At least for a little while lol.

skullsgrl84

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
i pre ordered and chose to pick mine up at the Apple Store. It gave me the option to do it. I paid full price so I don't know if that's the difference.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
i pre ordered and chose to pick mine up at the Apple Store. It gave me the option to do it. I paid full price so I don't know if that's the difference.

I would have done that too..... if I had a helicopter. It's the only way of getting to an Apple store from here in a reasonable amount of time.

jayk82

Trusted Member
Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm wanting to set up a new line of service, so I have to do that in an actual Apple Store. Nearest one is only 7 minutes away from me, but with no preorder available for a new line of service through the Upgrade Program, I'm at the mercy of the shipping gods. I went by this morning and the rep told me that for the past few years they've gotten plenty of non-preorder stock, so I'm going to show up a few hours early next Friday and hope I can walk out with one via the Upgrade Program.

Jason Cockerham

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm wanting to set up a new line of service, so I have to do that in an actual Apple Store. Nearest one is only 7 minutes away from me, but with no preorder available for a new line of service through the Upgrade Program, I'm at the mercy of the shipping gods. I went by this morning and the rep told me that for the past few years they've gotten plenty of non-preorder stock, so I'm going to show up a few hours early next Friday and hope I can walk out with one via the Upgrade Program.

Yeah good call man. What carrier were you trying to use?

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site

They'll definitely have stock. It's very possible that they don't have the specific one you want though.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Yep, they'll have stock, I didn't my card to preorder with on time for the iPhone 5, went in line and still got the space gray 128GB on release day.

jayk82

Trusted Member
Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Huh. You should be able to reserve that online but if not the stores will have stock for sure.

I thought so too, but I was trying to do a new line of service through the Upgrade Program and it would only let me do the phone on an existing phone number. The rep at the Apple Store said last year with the 6S you could do a new line, but not this year. In store only for a new line with the Upgrade Program. Oh well, hopefully I'll get lucky!

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

Yes l, they'll have stock but I think it really comes down to what color and size combo you want. Like if you want the new jet black I bet quantities will be super limited. I'd also say don't settle for a combo you don't really want. Last year I wanted 128gb rose gold. I wasn't able to do the preorder so I waited in line all night I was not very far back but they didn't have the combo I wanted so I reserved one with less memory. After I thought about it I decided I should just hold out for exactly what I wanted. The next day I woke up early because every morning you were able to check store inventory and reserve a phone. Sure enough I was able to reserve the exact phone I wanted and I had a scheduled window for pick up. I was in an out the store in under 15 minutes.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site

They'll have a lot but every year people line up. I lined up last year and got the phone 4 1/2 hours later. Stock was almost depleted by then. I wouldn't expect to just walk in and get the one you want.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
They'll have a lot but every year people line up. I lined up last year and got the phone 4 1/2 hours later. Stock was almost depleted by then. I wouldn't expect to just walk in and get the one you want.

Same for me with the iPhone 6. The only phone choice they had left when I got there was the iPhone 6 Gold in 32GB. Everything else was sold out. So guess what, I have a iPhone 6 gold 32GB. Thank goodness for black cases!

Jason Cockerham

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I thought so too, but I was trying to do a new line of service through the Upgrade Program and it would only let me do the phone on an existing phone number. The rep at the Apple Store said last year with the 6S you could do a new line, but not this year. In store only for a new line with the Upgrade Program. Oh well, hopefully I'll get lucky!

Well that's just annoying lol. I was already on the iPhone upgrade program so I was able to reserve but oh well. I think you'll be alright.

jayk82

Trusted Member
Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Well that's just annoying lol. I was already on the iPhone upgrade program so I was able to reserve but oh well. I think you'll be alright.

I hope so, but if not I'll just keep going by randomly until I get it. Then start the process over again next year!!!

jayk82

Trusted Member
Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Depends where you live, if you are planning on getting the jet black you might want to get in line now.

That's the one I'd prefer, then the regular black. Also prefer 128, but wouldn't mind 256. Either combination of those and I'm happy. I'm also ok checking continuously until I find one. As much as I'd like to have one preparing to ship, I can wait until I find one.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro