Verizon Trade-In Promo

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
A thanks to Flux for posting this on the 7 Forum.... looks like a good deal!

For folks currently with Verizon or thinking of porting-in to Verizon and purchasing the iPhone 7/7+ on the device payment program, there's a pretty good trade-in starting for 5, 5c, 5s, 6, 6s iPhone users that are willing to trade-in a good working condition phone.

Trade-in of 6, 6s (all variants) gives you up to $650 trade-in value split into 24 credits (basically offsetting the cost of an iPhone 7 32GB)

Trade-in of 5, 5c, 5s, SE is a $400 trade-in value split into 24 credits (lowering the monthly payments of an iPhone 7 32gb to $10.41).

There's further discussion on the Verizon reddit sub-forums or VZW CS open for pre-orders.

vzw deal.png

mmartinet

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know if this includes people on Grandfathered Unlimited plans? Assuming no considering they email me monthly to try and move me off.

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Anyone know if this includes people on Grandfathered Unlimited plans? Assuming no considering they email me monthly to try and move me off.

Surprisingly, there are currently no plan restrictions for this promotion. You'd need to do the DPP (device payment program) on your UNL plan. Credit shows up by third bill cycle.

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
If you traded in two 6S (you may need two separate contracts, not sure).. it seems you walk out with two iPhone 7's, but you're locked into Vz for 2-years.
That would be okay. I've already been with them two years so far and have no complaints. I was with AT&T for 7 years before that and I hated them.

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
That would be okay. I've already been with them two years so far and have no complaints. I was with AT&T for 7 years before that and I hated them.

If you traded in two 6S (you may need two separate contracts, not sure).. it seems you walk out with two iPhone 7's, but you're locked into Vz for 2-years.

The trade-in promotion doesn't work that way. For one, you *have* to purchase the iPhone 7/7+ under the device payment program anyway, not standard 2 yr contract. For another, the $650 trade-in credit gets applied in monthly credits that offset the monthly payments of the iPhone 7. So you can't merely walk into a store with two 6s and then walk out with two iPhone 7s with no upfront cost. You'll literally have to spend taxes + upgrade fee for each of the iPhone 7s, submit the trade-in request after you activate the iPhone 7 (or at a corp store location), then you'll get the trade-in credits 2-3 bill cycles after activation.

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Well, guys, I did it. Bit the bullet and upgraded both lines. My wife's and mine. Got her a silver 128 GB 7 Plus and me a black 128 GB 7 Plus. We did the trade-in promo. The $650 credit split over two years covers the monthly device payments minus about nine dollars a piece. I'll take it. We paid the activation/upgrade fees and taxes today.

We traded in our current phones (a Space Gray 64 GB 6 Plus and a gold 64 GB 6 Plus).

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Well, guys, I did it. Bit the bullet and upgraded both lines. My wife's and mine. Got her a silver 128 GB 7 Plus and me a black 128 GB 7 Plus. We did the trade-in promo. The $650 credit split over two years covers the monthly device payments minus about nine dollars a piece. I'll take it. We paid the activation/upgrade fees and taxes today.

We traded in our current phones (a Space Gray 64 GB 6 Plus and a gold 64 GB 6 Plus).

So you have no phones... until the new ones come?