T mobile Iphone 7+ Thread

JessiLulu

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
Sure enough, I didn't have to sign for it. My tracking page said "left at side door"...but I don't have a side door! I live in a second story apartment building with a balcony off to the left of my door, so I figured that's what he meant, but that made me nervous as there's no easy access to get a package onto my balcony. When my gf got off work and went home she found it sitting on the balcony, and she texted and let me know the box was pretty dented! I was ticked! It's a friggin' box with T-Mobile branding all over it, wouldn't that tip the UPS person off that the contents may be fragile??
Oh, no! Was the phone okay?

mmohn01

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Sure enough, I didn't have to sign for it. My tracking page said "left at side door"...but I don't have a side door! I live in a second story apartment building with a balcony off to the left of my door, so I figured that's what he meant, but that made me nervous as there's no easy access to get a package onto my balcony. When my gf got off work and went home she found it sitting on the balcony, and she texted and let me know the box was pretty dented! I was ticked! It's a friggin' box with T-Mobile branding all over it, wouldn't that tip the UPS person off that the contents may be fragile??

That's crazy! It reminds of that video a few years ago of the UPS driver getting caught on security cam tossing a computer over the fence. They just expect nobody to call and complain.

HofstraJet

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Thankfully the Apple box the phone is in is quite sturdy. I often get devices shipped in just a bubble bag relying on the Apple box for protection. Hope all ends up being OK.

In fairness, TMO (and many others) no longer uses any packing material of substance and they just throw products into a box with one small air pillow (which does nothing) where the product can move around the box with ease, which also allows boxes to be easily crushed.

mellonxcollie

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
Ordered my 128GB Matte Black Plus on 10/31, received it on 11/1 (Paid for overnight shipping). Quickest UPS package I've received!

Ahh, I'm so bitter. :p
I ordered a 128GB Matte black Plus about a month ago. I called a couple of weeks ago to inquire on its status, and they said they lost my order, so they redid it. Called yesterday and they said I'd get it around Nov 28, but they input the order wrong, so I'll be getting the Jet Black instead. Jet Black will be nice, but man, I want my phone now, hahahaha.

Congrats on your new phone though! Even if I'm jealous at your swift ordering process. :p

JessiLulu

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
Ahh, I'm so bitter.I ordered a 128GB Matte black Plus about a month ago. I called a couple of weeks ago to inquire on its status, and they said they lost my order, so they redid it. Called yesterday and they said I'd get it around Nov 28, but they input the order wrong, so I'll be getting the Jet Black instead. Jet Black will be nice, but man, I want my phone now, hahahaha.

Congrats on your new phone though! Even if I'm jealous at your swift ordering process. :p
I know this would be a pain, but could you cancel that one and replace for the MB? They are shipping same day.

Just a thought. :) I did that because after the Note7 wait, I did not want to go through another wait that would be even longer.

jlank

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Darn went to t-mobile this afternoon to change my order from 32gb matte black to 128gb and I'll be damned if the shipping dates haven't changed. Now my shipping window is 11/7 to 11/23 which is still better than my original order of 11/15 to 12/12.

JessiLulu

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
Please excuse my "newbie" question, but I honestly am not sure. I am coming from years of Samsung. I have been watching several unboxing videos on YouTube. Several of them have said something along the lines of "I will have to pause the video because I have to go to Apple/Best Buy/Carrier, etc. to activate the phone." Is this the case for all iPhones or just sim free or what? I am used to moving my SIM card from one phone to the other. Will I still be able to do this with the iP7+ or will it need to be activated? It is coming tomorrow so wondering if I will need to make the 40 minute trip after work into the nearest city to T-Mobile.

mellonxcollie

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
I know this would be a pain, but could you cancel that one and replace for the MB? They are shipping same day.

Just a thought. :) I did that because after the Note7 wait, I did not want to go through another wait that would be even longer.

I could, and you're probably right in thinking it'd speed up the delivery process, but I just don't want to go through the hassle of putting in a third order on the same phone. With the luck I've had, it'd probably push my wait until December. :p

As for iPhone set ups, last few times I had one (5S and 6), they both came with SIM cards already in the tray so as soon as I set up my iCloud account and TouchID I was ready to go. Don't know why those youtubers had to call their carrier as that was never the case for me.

JessiLulu

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
I could, and you're probably right in thinking it'd speed up the delivery process, but I just don't want to go through the hassle of putting in a third order on the same phone. With the luck I've had, it'd probably push my wait until December.
As for iPhone set ups, last few times I had one (5S and 6), they both came with SIM cards already in the tray so as soon as I set up my iCloud account and TouchID I was ready to go. Don't know why those youtubers had to call their carrier as that was never the case for me.
I completely understand :)

Thank you! I certainly hope it is as easy as putting in the SIM.

HofstraJet

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I think a lot of people do not bother swapping out the SIM cards and instead just use the pre-installed SIM and that is why they have to contact the carrier to activate the preinstalled SIM. Activating the iPhone happens when you go through the setup screens and requires no carrier/dealer intervention. Activating the SIM is different.

JessiLulu

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
I think a lot of people do not bother swapping out the SIM cards and instead just use the pre-installed SIM and that is why they have to contact the carrier to activate the preinstalled SIM. Activating the iPhone happens when you go through the setup screens and requires no carrier/dealer intervention. Activating the SIM is different.
Oh, ok. Yeah, that makes sense. I just always swap my SIM from old to new phone.

JessiLulu

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
Mine arrived today. :) I went home on my lunch break to get it because I didn't want it sitting on my porch all day. I am anxiously waiting for 5 to arrive so I can go home, open it, and set it up. :)

Nov 3, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys!

New to the Forum! Just got my iPhone 7+ last night from T-Mobile! Not sure I like the new home button yet I'll see how I feel about it in a few days. I came from a 6s and the size isn't too big of an adjustment.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox