T mobile Iphone 7+ Thread

HofstraJet

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Louisville is UPS's hub so it should be delivered on time. Mine started moving late last night and is in SE Florida now. Interestingly, as soon as the tracking number went active, I received an email from TMO stating that my device payment was processed. Guess they didn't want to appear to accept payment before shipping the device.

FWIW, TMO (and many other companies) prepare shipping labels days in advance for preorders or mass shipments as it takes time to get all of the boxes labeled and ready to go. They fill a UPS trailer and then when ready to release, they deliver the trailer to UPS. It's a common practice and I wouldn't fault UPS or TMO for doing so - it's just the way it has to be. My wife's tracking number for her 7 was created almost a week before release day but the package wasn't given to UPS until the day before release and she received it on release day.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
It will that's how my wife's was the night before launch. It was in Louisville. It arrived as scheduled and we are in Nevada.

Well they surprised me. While I slept for 5 1/2 hours, my phone made it from Louisville to nearly where I am, making its way probably to the final UPS location before being put on the truck for delivery.

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I gave up on T-Mo getting it shipped any time soon so I canceled my order and went to the Apple Store to get one. Granted, I had to hawk their reservation system for a bit and I used the IUP reservation system instead of the regular one (IUP gets priority) but I ended up finding one at a store about 40 mins away (Matte Black) and when asked just said no thanks to IUP and paid for it full-price.

HofstraJet

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I gave up on T-Mo getting it shipped any time soon so I canceled my order and went to the Apple Store to get one. Granted, I had to hawk their reservation system for a bit and I used the IUP reservation system instead of the regular one (IUP gets priority) but I ended up finding one at a store about 40 mins away (Matte Black) and when asked just said no thanks to IUP and paid for it full-price.

How did you search as an IUP? Were you already part of the program?

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I canceled my TMobile JUMP and preorder. Got my phone last Thursday and joined the Apple Replacement Program. Very smooth and pleasant transaction. Great customer service at Apple Stores. Next year they will make sure they take care of their Apple Replacement customers better.

The only reason I'm sticking with tmobile is the insurance part, I know you get applecare+ from apple. I never thought I would ever loose my phone until I did once. Plus with jump, you're not only bound to apple products. I have original JUMP. I can upgrade every 6 mo with no limit on how mitch balance is paid off.

Michial Brown

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The only reason I'm sticking with tmobile is the insurance part, I know you get applecare+ from apple. I never thought I would ever loose my phone until I did once. Plus with jump, you're not only bound to apple products. I have original JUMP. I can upgrade every 6 mo with no limit on how mitch balance is paid off.
I'm happily in the Apple ecosystem. I only want one phone a year so the Apple plan works great for me. I still like TMobile for their service just not their hardware programs. But to each his own. Cheers

HofstraJet

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Just picked up my 256 jet black 7+ at UPS. Didn't plan to be home during the day so had it held. Of course, was home all day. Time to play.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
My delivery date is between today (9/27) and 10/10. I got charged today for the difference between the 7 and 7+, so hopefully i'll get a shipping confirmation soon.

I've got my Unicorn Beetle Pro case ready to go, and if I don't like that, I have a Skinomi screen protector and an Incipio Dual Pro case instead.

Come on already...! ><

steveh552

Trusted Member
Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Thought I could deal with the 7 but the screen was just to small. Returned it today and ordered a 7 plus silver 32GB. Not I am a 11/1 to 11/30 date. I gambled and lost this time.

manni1to

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Ordered a black 32 gb 7 plus on first day of preorder. Instead I was sent a 32 gb black regular. They told me I would have to receive the 7 plus and return the 7 within the buyers remorse period to process as a return. Instead I had to use one of my jump on demand upgrades even though THEY made the mistake. I ordered the 32 gb 7 plus (again) on the 21st and it's showing a estimated ship date of 11/15-12/12. I hope it doesn't take that long because that's crazy !!!!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Ordered a black 32 gb 7 plus on first day of preorder. Instead I was sent a 32 gb black regular. They told me I would have to receive the 7 plus and return the 7 within the buyers remorse period to process as a return. Instead I had to use one of my jump on demand upgrades even though THEY made the mistake. I ordered the 32 gb 7 plus (again) on the 21st and it's showing a estimated ship date of 11/15-12/12. I hope it doesn't take that long because that's crazy !!!!

That's exactly why I'm sticking with the matte black instead of exchanging for the jet black I ordered. At least they got my phone size and storage capacity correct. That's a fairly big mistake on their end.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
That's exactly why I'm sticking with the matte black instead of exchanging for the jet black I ordered. At least they got my phone size and storage capacity correct. That's a fairly big mistake on their end.

Wait, you ordered a jet black but received matte black?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Oh wow. That's a bummer. Nothing like when you wait this long it didn't quite get what you wanted.

Yeah, especially after losing almost all sleep pre order night to specifically order it, get told I would receive the following week and not get until for another 18 days. I blame Apple initially, they learned with the gold iPhone that they can under produce and still sell. Then the issues with T-Mobile. UPS was the only company that met expectations.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73