Isn't available until November

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
From what I seen on the Apple site and AT&T site the iPhone 7 plus Jet black will not be shipping until November.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Apparently Apple likes to treat its customers like a bunch of crapwitted donkeys all braying after a carrot on a stick. I am so over that.

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I preordered at 2:15 AM central time after several attempts with timouts on apple's site for the att model iphone upgrade program. I watched the 7 Plus Jet Black go from 2-3 weeks, to October , to finally November yep thats correct my order finally went through for the 128GB Plus Jet Black with an expected ship date of November. I am hoping that as we get closer the date moves up as it has done in the past.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Might sound stupid but why do colors make a difference

The only phone I really do NOT want is a gold one:
I am NOT getting a Trump phone, lol.
But Apple really loves to insult its customers apparently:
Do you think they would have let people know BEFORE ordering that the blacks wouldn't be available on the 16th?
Of course not: that would have permitted people to switch colors before finalizing their order.
I would have been happy with a silver but Apple won't let me change my order, my only option is to cancel and start over... For an even later date.

Interestingly, this whole ordering nonsense has pretty much taken all the fun out of it, and more importantly it's made me realize that my iPhone 6 Plus works just fine and if I get to pay an arm and a leg just so I can enjoy the same kind of stress I did with Samsung, well guess what?
No deal.
I'm really thinking of saving myself some stress and money, cancelling my order and calling it a day.

It's one thing to charge that kind of money if they provide a service I can actually rely on.
But charging me these prices so I can stress even more is total BS.

T

MonkeyJunky

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
Hilarious that the popularity of one of the variants of the device that is purely driven on consumer demand is some how Apple doing something negative against the consumer base. The Jet Black model is the new toy. It's the only model in the lineup with a significant cosmetic change vs. the previous generation, so of course its going to sell like hot cakes as these types of models always do for Apple. The white 3GS, the gold 5, the space grey 5. Every year or two there is one color option that turns the consumer market on it's head and sells out faster than any of the other ones.

And apparently this is Apple treating people badly? :rotfl:

btru82

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I was able to complete my order for the jet black 7+ 128gb and had an email receipt at 311am eastern time and it says estimated 1-2 weeks 9/26-10/3. I know in past years it has shipped before that estimated date but I found it a fairly fluid, hassle free process

independentvolume

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
The only phone I really do NOT want is a gold one:
I am NOT getting a Trump phone, lol.
But Apple really loves to insult its customers apparently:
Do you think they would have let people know BEFORE ordering that the blacks wouldn't be available on the 16th?
Of course not: that would have permitted people to switch colors before finalizing their order.
I would have been happy with a silver but Apple won't let me change my order, my only option is to cancel and start over... For an even later date.

Interestingly, this whole ordering nonsense has pretty much taken all the fun out of it, and more importantly it's made me realize that my iPhone 6 Plus works just fine and if I get to pay an arm and a leg just so I can enjoy the same kind of stress I did with Samsung, well guess what?
No deal.
I'm really thinking of saving myself some stress and money, cancelling my order and calling it a day.

It's one thing to charge that kind of money if they provide a service I can actually rely on.
But charging me these prices so I can stress even more is total BS.

T

I think you need to step back and analyze your life. If you are honestly stressing out over a phone perhaps it's time to look into some help.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I think you need to step back and analyze your life. If you are honestly stressing out over a phone perhaps it's time to look into some help.

I disagree: I found it stressful and removed myself from the situation by canceling my order.
That qualifies as a healthy reaction, actually.
I would need help if I were unable to take the appropriate steps to ward off stress, but as you see, I'm doing fine.
I happen to love my 6 Plus even more today.
And voil?.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Might sound stupid but why do colors make a difference

Are you asking why colors make a difference to the end user / consumer?
Are you asking why do colors make a difference to shipping / arrival?

If consumer, because people like what they like
If delivery, it's because in many areas the Jet Black sold out first.... when I ordered last night, it was still available here for 9/16 on the 256GB version.

Things sell out.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Hilarious that the popularity of one of the variants of the device that is purely driven on consumer demand is some how Apple doing something negative against the consumer base. The Jet Black model is the new toy. It's the only model in the lineup with a significant cosmetic change vs. the previous generation, so of course its going to sell like hot cakes as these types of models always do for Apple. The white 3GS, the gold 5, the space grey 5. Every year or two there is one color option that turns the consumer market on it's head and sells out faster than any of the other ones.

Apple announced the Jetblack version for a Sept 16th delivery. But seems like its not coming out for another month. So its not the phone selling like hot cakes. Its the lack of stock for initial shipment that is wrong.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site

I agree. This is exactly what I expected to happen. Folks can either purchase the phone they want or keep the one they have...no big deal. I don't understand how this is shocking to anyone.

MonkeyJunky

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
Apple announced the Jetblack version for a Sept 16th delivery. But seems like its not coming out for another month. So its not the phone selling like hot cakes. Its the lack of stock for initial shipment that is wrong.

Source?

As far as I can find online, there are just a lot of people complaining that their personal pre-order has a shipping delay, which is the same thing that happened with every one of the popular colors in the past releases (especially the gold variant a couple of generations ago).

In fact, there are several twitter posts that have been circulated showing some people with the 2-3 week shipping time on the jet black model who were not refreshing every second at midnight last night, which indicates to me at least that there are some people who are getting the jet black model on release day.

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

Where did you get that ludicrous piece of factual information, there are people in the actual pre-order thread that got the Jet Black for Sept 16 deliver by date, it sold out just like these unique colors do every year. I am one of the folks that ordered and got the November date however just like in previous years that date gets pushed up as supply catches up with demand.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the 128 plus in jet black from sprint and my ship date is around 10/6-10/21. Their website was down when preorders started. I wanted for an hour then went to sleep. I work up shortly after 8 to order my phone. Because I ordered after 8 I got placed in the next tier of shipping. Otherwise I'd be in the first week of October. Anyone after 11 am is now middle to end of November.

I always wonder what apples inventory for these phones are like. Seems silly that after an hour of preorders people were already as far out as November for some models.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site

Hmmmm...I thought he said the 7 and 7 plus ships on September 16th. I didn't realize he specifically said the jet black is available for delivery on the 16th.

ecr80

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I preordered at 2:15 AM central time after several attempts with timouts on apple's site for the att model iphone upgrade program. I watched the 7 Plus Jet Black go from 2-3 weeks, to October , to finally November yep thats correct my order finally went through for the 128GB Plus Jet Black with an expected ship date of November. I am hoping that as we get closer the date moves up as it has done in the past.

hoping the same

qnet

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I notice that 1-2 weeks or Sept 26 - Oct 3 ships date are the earliest I've seen for the Jet Blk 7+ 256GB model that I ordered. I'm not sweating it. I did the best I could, with as fast as my internet connection and browser would allow. I almost went with the matte black but I really wanted the jet. I figured I might as well get what I really wanted. Also, I agree that these orders usually ship sooner than they say.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR