How many people are switching from Android to get the 7 Plus?

erwaso

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm a big Apple user. I've gotten tons of people to cross over to the Mac and iOS. But I've never owned an iPhone. It's time. The Android ecosystem is frustrating. Many of my fav apps look better on iOS (on my iPod or family members iPhones) and I'm not liking the inability to get timely updates beyond a relatively short period of time.

The main attraction for me is the size of the 7+ = just right. I can't stand the smaller phones after being using a Nexus the last couple of years. Yet, I don't want some of the Android monstrosities I see walking around with. Unfortunately for me, I thought I'd wait till next month to make the switch. Hoping that wasn't a mistake and I wind up waiting till November to finally get my first iPhone.

My 5.5 inch lg G3 is slightly larger than the 4.7 inch iPhone 6S.

The only monstrosity is the nexus 6P, which is about the same size as the iPhone 6 Plus and even has a larger screen.

Breuklen

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
It really shows that you're a big Apple user. Because of how ill-informed about the android world you are.

Judging by your comment about the sizes of the phones out there right now. I won't explain what you're wrong about. Should be able to do ones own research.

Classic 'Big Apple user' comment.

Wow, who **** in your corn flakes? LOL

I've only had two smartphones, both Androids. Currently using the Nexus 5 which is on it's last legs.

I'm ill-informed because apps I've used on both platforms look and perform better on iOS? Especially some features not being available on Android?

I'm ill-informed because top line Android phones come out with older versions of the OS and may never get updated? Hell, many Android users complain about getting maybe one year of updates and/or getting updates several months after they're available. That's why I got a Nexus phone, to get updates and not worry about carriers delaying updates or even not making them available. That was my situation with my first smartphone.

I'm ill-informed because I see Android phones over 6" and even a couple users laughed about how unwieldy they are to use? When Apple finally came out with larger iPhones I tried them out and thought the plus version was too large for my needs at the time. I think 5.5 would be okay now given I now use my phone for a lot more emails and web surfing on long trips.

Every user has different experiences with technology/platforms and different needs. No need for senseless hissy fits because someone has a difference of opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

geebee1932

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I am a long time android user going back to the HTC Evo. I am coming off the Nexus 6P. I was looking forward to the 2016 Nexus until Google decided to change direction. I was uninspired by the Pixel phones and their high price pushed me to try the iPhone 7 plus. So far I am enjoying the phone. It integrates well with my Mac and iPad.

bgapfire

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Wow, who **** in your corn flakes? LOL

I've only had two smartphones, both Androids. Currently using the Nexus 5 which is on it's last legs.

I'm ill-informed because apps I've used on both platforms look and perform better on iOS? Especially some features not being available on Android?

I'm ill-informed because top line Android phones come out with older versions of the OS and may never get updated? Hell, many Android users complain about getting maybe one year of updates and/or getting updates several months after they're available. That's why I got a Nexus phone, to get updates and not worry about carriers delaying updates or even not making them available. That was my situation with my first smartphone.

I'm ill-informed because I see Android phones over 6" and even a couple users laughed about how unwieldy they are to use? When Apple finally came out with larger iPhones I tried them out and thought the plus version was too large for my needs at the time. I think 5.5 would be okay now given I now use my phone for a lot more emails and web surfing on long trips.

Every user has different experiences with technology/platforms and different needs. No need for senseless hissy fits because someone has a difference of opinion.

I agree that every user experience is different. I own a Note 7 and 6s+. The Note 7 is my daily driver and the iPhone is my backup. All of the apps I use look exactly the same on each platform, so my beef is never with apps. At the end of the day, Samsung makes more ergonomic phones with bigger and better displays. In addition to this, Android's notification system blows the iPhone out of the water for me. The level of control is just not matched by Apple yet.

On the flip side, I enjoy changing the pace with a different OS. Specifically, I love the options in the messaging app for Apple that are baked in. If Android was able to build a native app with the options in Apple's messaging, I'd have an almost perfect phone.

iamdld

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
I don't want to switch but if there is another Note 7 issue after the reported fire on the southwest plane then I'm done...maybe.

James Cagney

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
I have S7 Edge, it has a good battery life, but don't like the design, thinking of moving to iOS, as I love this new Jet Black color, it's awesome, I want to go for iPhone 7 Plus, but have some reservations regarding the size, can it fit in a pocket easily? Can we use it with one hand at times?

Breuklen

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
I agree that every user experience is different. I own a Note 7 and 6s+. The Note 7 is my daily driver and the iPhone is my backup. All of the apps I use look exactly the same on each platform, so my beef is never with apps. At the end of the day, Samsung makes more ergonomic phones with bigger and better displays. In addition to this, Android's notification system blows the iPhone out of the water for me. The level of control is just not matched by Apple yet.

On the flip side, I enjoy changing the pace with a different OS. Specifically, I love the options in the messaging app for Apple that are baked in. If Android was able to build a native app with the options in Apple's messaging, I'd have an almost perfect phone.

I was adamantly against larger phones for the longest time. I love being able to tuck my phone in a small shirt or jacket pocket. I'm looking forward to getting a larger phone soon. Which will probably be a iPhone 7+. I considered the Note 7 very, very briefly due to a former friend and co-workers ravings about the it. The issues with the battery and recall turned my lukewarm consideration ice cold. Besides, I don't think I'll use the S Pen that much and it's probably more than I need right now. Which is the case: my current needs will obviously change by the time I decide to replace my next smartphone. Maybe I'll switch back to Android should there be a compelling device in 2018.

The past couple months I decided to spend less time using apps, especially social media apps. So the superior app experience, IMMHO, on iOS isn't a big factor in my decision to go to iOS finally.

Having used only Android phones thus far, I'm just looking for a change and the iPhone will simply integrate well with my needs and with most of my family and friends (at least the ones that I interact with the most).

badMojo69

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I did don't miss Android at all (then again I still have my LGV10), but IOS is fine for how I use my phone.
Besides Android has gotten crazy with their phone pricing trying to keep up with Apple. Figured if I was going to drop nearly a grand on a phone I'd get one with a proven resale track record and top notch OS.

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
Came back after lg g2/3/4 and then v note 5. The g3 was the best by far but apps just work better on iOS. Also, there is no substitute for being able to walk in to Apple store when issues arise..... And they will.
When I left ios, I had a home phone, with phone and a mobile phone.... I now just have the mobile phone and just need it to work and gave somewhere to go if it doesn't.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Just jumped ship from the Note 7 for the last time. Couldn't pass up the reduced pricing on the 6S+ though, unfortunately. Well. Not unfortunately, but I live in such a rural area and needed a phone today. I'm happy with it, it's no 7 Plus.

I love both operating systems but have been strictly Android for 2 years. I agree with the pricing point of Android trying to catch up price wise with Apple. I switched to Android in the first place because I enjoyed the pricing and the ability to jump around to different phones and try them out. I'd have been ball and chained to the Note 7 for awhile, though I'm sad I had to go, it's on to new adventures.

jjayr41

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Been a long time android user since the Nexus 1 up until and still have the Nexus 6p. I also started with the OG iphone till the 3gs model. All the pixel rumors uninspired me and the note 7 recall made me decide to try and go back to iPhone with the 7+. I like having both OS's but using my 7+ as my daily driver.

BIG CAT 7

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Waited to see what the Pixel was gonna be all about. Not impressed, especially with the price for what you get. Have an S7 Edge right now which is nice but the curved edges are wearing on me with the accidental touches and so forth. Samsung has to have probably the worst customer service I have ever dealt with.

Ordered a 7 Plus in Black 256GB today and VZW is telling me it will ship today which is a little surprising.. Time to accessorize!!!!!!!!

05GT

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Waited to see what the Pixel was gonna be all about. Not impressed, especially with the price for what you get. Have an S7 Edge right now which is nice but the curved edges are wearing on me with the accidental touches and so forth. Samsung has to have probably the worst customer service I have ever dealt with.

Ordered a 7 Plus in Black 256GB today and VZW is telling me it will ship today which is a little surprising.. Time to accessorize!!!!!!!!

Yea I returned my replacement Note 7 to Best Buy today and ordered the 256GB Black 7 Plus with a delivery date of 10/08 paid for the Saturday by 1230 delivery. I wonder how accurate that estimate is.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
I switched a week ago. Wanted the 7+ but didn't want to wait 85 weeks so I found a 64GB 6S+ and have been loving it. Long time Android and Windows Phone user, but never played with an iOS device until recently. I will get the 7+ after the first of the year when the demand has died down, or as soon as they are available in Tmo stores.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
The 7 Plus shattered my Note 5 in battery life. Practically twice as long. Sick of Androids living on chargers.

My Note 7 was on par with the 6S+ I picked up...almost. I had to tweak forever to get my Note that way, was happy with the battery, not happy about the possibility of not being able to board a plane with my Note.

Looks like all four major carriers are on board to swap out the Note 7 for any phone now.