Note 7 refugees

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I'm a current Note7 owner and I am going to trade it in on Friday for an iPhone 7 Plus. I don't want to wait 45 months for a new Note7 and I just want to get my phone returned and over with. Besides, I have a flight on Sunday and I don't need the stress of worrying about my phone with the TSA/FAA.

Lambertoid

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Well I am one that will be returning the note 7 and trying to get the Iphone 7 on Friday however if I can't I may get the 6s+ 64 gig which no it doesn't kill the note 7 but is very comparable the Iphone 7 will kill it off in speeds for sure camera I am sure it will compete so either way after being with Android since the Google g1 and have used all makes I tried the 4s for 2 months till switch back to Android but now I'm ready to make the jump to a more steady device and plan on getting a mac to pair with it after the purchase of my home.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Well I am one that will be returning the note 7 and trying to get the Iphone 7 on Friday however if I can't I may get the 6s+ 64 gig which no it doesn't kill the note 7 but is very comparable the Iphone 7 will kill it off in speeds for sure camera I am sure it will compete so either way after being with Android since the Google g1 and have used all makes I tried the 4s for 2 months till switch back to Android but now I'm ready to make the jump to a more steady device and plan on getting a mac to pair with it after the purchase of my home.

I got my first iPhone (the 6s+) last year after being on Android since 2010. The only other experience I had on Apple was an iPod Touch 5th gen that I didn't keep for very long. I was coming from an LG G4 when I got the iPhone, and it's been a great experience. When I had the Note 7 (for maybe a week before it was recalled) it made me miss several things I had forgotten about on Android...but at the same time it made me remember things I didn't like. Also, IMHO, the Note 7 camera was better than the iPhone 6s+ in my experience. Regardless, it's just a shame the Note 7 will be seen as such a tainted device during it's lifespan, but I'm not shedding a tear at upgrading my iPhone at this time.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I got my first iPhone (the 6s+) last year after being on Android since 2010. The only other experience I had on Apple was an iPod Touch 5th gen that I didn't keep for very long. I was coming from an LG G4 when I got the iPhone, and it's been a great experience. When I had the Note 7 (for maybe a week before it was recalled) it made me miss several things I had forgotten about on Android...but at the same time it made me remember things I didn't like. Also, IMHO, the Note 7 camera was better than the iPhone 6s+ in my experience. Regardless, it's just a shame the Note 7 will be seen as such a tainted device during it's lifespan, but I'm not shedding a tear at upgrading my iPhone at this time.

I'm not a Note 7 Refugee, but I almost was. I pre-ordered a Note 7 then got cold feet when I started hearing about some issues here and there, so I cancelled to wait to see if they got straightened out. Then the recall came in and I have all but written off the phone. I've pre-ordered my 7+ in Matte Black w/256gb of storage. After many years on Android (and being on a 6s+ since December), the only thing I miss is the customization. I wish Apple would open that up just a little bit more. But I'm pretty happy with my decision to stay with Apple. I'm now looking at purchasing either a Mac or an iPad Pro to go along with my Apple stuff and make the transition complete. The only thing that could pull me away from Apple right now is if Google knocks everything out of the park in October.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm not a Note 7 Refugee, but I almost was. I pre-ordered a Note 7 then got cold feet when I started hearing about some issues here and there, so I cancelled to wait to see if they got straightened out. Then the recall came in and I have all but written off the phone. I've pre-ordered my 7+ in Matte Black w/256gb of storage. After many years on Android (and being on a 6s+ since December), the only thing I miss is the customization. I wish Apple would open that up just a little bit more. But I'm pretty happy with my decision to stay with Apple. I'm now looking at purchasing either a Mac or an iPad Pro to go along with my Apple stuff and make the transition complete. The only thing that could pull me away from Apple right now is if Google knocks everything out of the park in October.

I had an iPad Air while still on Android and that really swayed me to try out the iPhone. I'm looking at upgrading to an iPad Pro 9.7in too, unless my Air can hold on for a few months until the next iPad is released. I miss the customization too, as well as the notification system. Plus I used the S Pen a LOT, just as I did when I had the Note 4. But ultimately there were two things that make iPhone the winner for me:

1. The apps really are more robust on their iOS versions. While on Android I had always heard this, but I didn't really believe it. Even when I got the iPhone I didn't see much of a difference. However, when I went back to the Android versions I noticed features (that I used a lot!) that were missing.

2. While on Android, it always seems like you have do go through a lot of steps to disable and tweak things to make performance (speed and/or battery) better. None of that is really necessary on iPhone.

Bonus:

3. I really like iMessage.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I had an iPad Air while still on Android and that really swayed me to try out the iPhone. I'm looking at upgrading to an iPad Pro 9.7in too, unless my Air can hold on for a few months until the next iPad is released. I miss the customization too, as well as the notification system. Plus I used the S Pen a LOT, just as I did when I had the Note 4. But ultimately there were two things that make iPhone the winner for me:

1. The apps really are more robust on their iOS versions. While on Android I had always heard this, but I didn't really believe it. Even when I got the iPhone I didn't see much of a difference. However, when I went back to the Android versions I noticed features (that I used a lot!) that were missing.

2. While on Android, it always seems like you have do go through a lot of steps to disable and tweak things to make performance (speed and/or battery) better. None of that is really necessary on iPhone.

Bonus:

3. I really like iMessage.

I do also like the notifications on Android a little better. And that there's choice. Not everyone will have the same watch, etc. on Android. But I just find that there were always more issues on Android. Just another thing that you HAD to tweak to get something just right. There are things that I don't like about iOS (can't choose default apps is a major one for me), but the whole experience overall is more unified. And less stress. I actually just went all in this morning and picked up an Apple Watch Series 1 (can't justify over $400 for a Series 2 until I know how much I'll actually use it) and bought an iPad Pro 9.7. I have an ATV4 at home already, so my collection is just about complete.

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm going to miss chatheads for notifications, but getting 100% of my texts should offset that....

Posted via the iMore App for Android

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm a free agent again after having returned my Note 7 during the recall. I LOVED that phone, but after using the iPhone 6s+ for a year I noticed how a lot of apps I used have MUCH better versions for the iPhone than their Android counterparts (namely Fitbit, MyFitnesspal, Weather Channel, and Storm). Since I use those apps several times a day, it may be worth sticking with iPhone even though I'm more or less underwhelmed with the iPhone 7 announcement (the camera looks rad, though).

On the Note, I enjoyed having the S Pen (hella easy to write down notes and numbers during phone calls), the split screen functionality, the amazing screen, the great camera, all of the extra features of Android/Touchwiz, and I like the form factor a bit more since it's less tall than the iPhone + models.

I'm also planning on getting a new iPad soon, so I'll still have access to most of the app versions I like (except Fitbit), so there's that to consider too.

Decisions are hard, man.
iPhone 7 Plus is super underwhelming since I already have a 6s Plus, and in fact takes a step back because of the lack of headphone jack. I also have a Note 7 waiting to be replaced in about 1-2 weeks hopefully. I may keep my Note 7 this time around and stay in the Android camp until the next iPhone, assuming a better solution is offered for audio than the current hack job.

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
iPhone 7 Plus is super underwhelming since I already have a 6s Plus, and in fact takes a step back because of the lack of headphone jack. I also have a Note 7 waiting to be replaced in about 1-2 weeks hopefully. I may keep my Note 7 this time around and stay in the Android camp until the next iPhone, assuming a better solution is offered for audio than the current hack job.
For me, I am mainly interested in the camera. Otherwise, I don't see a reason to upgrade from the 6s Plus

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm a free agent...on a 6S+. As soon as the Note 7 thing got dramatic I was like no more. Took it back to Verizon and am going to go tomorrow morning fingers crossed that they have a 7 Plus to take home.

I know they said 3rd party carriers will "possibly" have stock as the Apple stores will not, but I'm hoping.

qnet

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I really liked my Iphone 6 plus, one of my favorite phones. It was my primary phone until the Nexus 6P came out. I just sold it a few months ago. I like the design of the Iphone 6 plus, so the minor cosmetic changes on the 7 didn't bother me. Having said that, I liked the design on the Note 7 even better.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
For me, I am mainly interested in the camera. Otherwise, I don't see a reason to upgrade from the 6s Plus

Water resistant was another perk that warrants the upgrade for me. I've been caught in the rain way too many times. Luckily a few of those times I knew the chance of rain was great so I brought along a sandwich bag to put my phone in if need be. Other times the downpours seemed to come out of nowhere!

I really liked my Iphone 6 plus, one of my favorite phones. It was my primary phone until the Nexus 6P came out. I just sold it a few months ago. I like the design of the Iphone 6 plus, so the minor cosmetic changes on the 7 didn't bother me. Having said that, I liked the design on the Note 7 even better.

The Note 7, in the words of Lorraine Baines, is an absolute dream. I especially liked how the Coral Blue looked in twilight. It almost looked blurple. I love how they got a curved 5.7" screen in a smaller housing than the iPhone 6/6s/7 Plus. The curved screen is also cosmetically stunning, but unfortunately I think it's a week area for impact, judging my how many cracked screens people got after very small drops.

trmiv

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Note 7 refugee here as well. My wife and I both had them. Also had Note 5, Note 4, S4, Galaxy Nexus and Moto Droid before that. We decided to just take the Note 7s back and give iOS a try so I preordered us both iPhone 7 Plus 128gb's last week that will be here tomorrow. Right now we're both using older iPhones we borrowed from friends. There's a lot that I miss about Android but I've been using it for so long I'm enjoying using something different for awhile. We do have an iPad but honestly it's a glorified baby monitor right now so I haven't gotten really into using iOS as a daily driver.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Note 7 refugee here as well. My wife and I both had them. Also had Note 5, Note 4, S4, Galaxy Nexus and Moto Droid before that. We decided to just take the Note 7s back and give iOS a try so I preordered us both iPhone 7 Plus 128gb's last week that will be here tomorrow. Right now we're both using older iPhones we borrowed from friends. There's a lot that I miss about Android but I've been using it for so long I'm enjoying using something different for awhile. We do have an iPad but honestly it's a glorified baby monitor right now so I haven't gotten really into using iOS as a daily driver.

Same. I've been getting a lot of guff for going to Apple, but I've been on Android so long, and it's been two years since my last iPhone that it's a newer experience and I switched back just in time for iOS 10, so I've been busy exploring that. Haven't been on iOS since 7.something, so I'm okay trying Apple again.

aggie

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site

The camera is very intriguing. Looking at the reviews so far I don't think it is any better than the Note 7 nor do I think it is noticeably worse. If the new Note 7s were readily available or at least guaranteed by the end of the month I'd have probably stuck with the Note 7 and kept my 6s plus for another year. Now that I've effectively ruled out a return to the Note 7 I'm excited about the camera as stated above and also the A10 processor, battery improvements, and black. Not a huge upgrade but a nice one nonetheless.

I'm kind of glad my order isn't shipping till 10/7-10/14 though. Gives me a little bit of time to change my mind 😉

chazglenn3

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I left the iPhone world when the Evo 4G came out in 2010. I have been toying with the idea of trying iOS and the iPhone again, but I also think it would be wise to wait until next year as I believe Apple will have something very special planned for the 10th Anniversary of the iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro