Note 7 refugees

aggie

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Did you return the Note 7, and now all ready for the iPhone 7?

Yup 256 GB Black ordered yesterday afternoon from AT&T. Sadly delivery dates already were pushed back to October 7-14. Should have taken my Note back a day sooner but it really was a struggle just to put it back in the box.

Thinking when the new ones come out I'll sell my 6P and 6S Plus and go with a lineup of the iPhone 7 plus and Note 7. I always keep an iPhone and Android device and rotate back and forth.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Yup 256 GB Black ordered yesterday afternoon from AT&T. Sadly delivery dates already were pushed back to October 7-14. Should have taken my Note back a day sooner but it really was a struggle just to put it back in the box.

Thinking when the new ones come out I'll sell my 6P and 6S Plus and go with a lineup of the iPhone 7 plus and Note 7. I always keep an iPhone and Android device and rotate back and forth.

I usually keep a iPhone and android as well.

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
For those that have the note 7, both Samsung and the US government has recommended that you power off the device immediately.

I do prefer Android because it gives you more freedom but... The telephoto lens was a big curve ball. Last year, I had the note 5 and 6s+ and returned the 6s+. Let's see how it goes this year

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I guess I could be called one. Sort of. Not really. I Jumped to the Note 7, coming from my iPhone 6S+. Returned it about 5 days later. Same deal every time. Lags no matter how much HP is under the hood. It's a sexy looking phone, that's for sure but Android is still a BM.

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I guess I could be called one. Sort of. Not really. I Jumped to the Note 7, coming from my iPhone 6S+. Returned it about 5 days later. Same deal every time. Lags no matter how much HP is under the hood. It's a sexy looking phone, that's for sure but Android is still a BM.
If you want a more fluid Android experience, I would consider the upcoming pixel phones

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Too much drama now with the Note 7. Seals the deal for me, I'm going iPhone again. Does anyone know if the Apple Store does T-Mobile's JUMP upgrades?

badMojo69

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm team me :) I go where the tech takes me. If I don't like the iPhone I'll send it back, but I'm going to give it a honest shot.
From how I use my Android phone it should work just fine. Since I'm mostly a windows phone person I'm not into changing launchers and widgets.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
I'm considering giving iPhone a try. Still sitting here with my Note 7 trying to decide if I should turn it in and get a loaner, or wait until Friday and check out the 7+. Was a Windows phone user before last year. I like Android and love the note, but change is fun.

Hoggles

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
I returned my N7 under buyers remorse; a week before the recall began. So the battery issues weren't the reason I switched. Just need a change of OS for a while. I swore I'd never go back to a closed file system....but...here I am ;)

Getting the Black 7+. This will be my first iPhone. I think the dual camera implementation, stereo speakers and IP67 rating is finally what pushed me to try it. I also have an iPad3 with about 100 paid apps...so it'll be nice to use some of those with the 7+.

I should add that I'm on JOD with Tmo. That definitely makes the switch easy :)

chrgnthru

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I absolutely loved the Note 7's design. That screen was just awesome. However there was just too many small things that bugged me about it that ultimately made me say eff it and returned it and placed a order for a 7 Plus. It's been a week and I still miss the Note but it's mostly for its design.

Last edited:

paul87russell

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Note 7 has a lovely design and screen, but i am bothered by the minor lags of the keyboard. Also the battery problems. What's unfair here in Singapore though, is that we can't have a refund and Samsung will only do a 1 to 1 exchange. Everyone is so pissed that they can't do anything about it. Once i get the exchanged note 7 i think i'll just sell it and get the iphone 7 plus.

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Note 7 has a lovely design and screen, but i am bothered by the minor lags of the keyboard. Also the battery problems. What's unfair here in Singapore though, is that we can't have a refund and Samsung will only do a 1 to 1 exchange. Everyone is so pissed that they can't do anything about it. Once i get the exchanged note 7 i think i'll just sell it and get the iphone 7 plus.
Oh wow. That sucks. Luckily usa allows it. I will be returning my note 7 and buying a iphone 7 plus.

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm a note 5 refugee.... What size sim card will the 7 plus take?
My note 5 is nano, and if it's micro I will need to go to att.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

dseiden

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
I just returned my Note7 as well. I really loved the design of that phone and the OS is fun as well. I think Samsung has really shot themselves in the foot with this whole recall.. Having said that I am sticking with an iPhone for my daily driver and going to use an Android device for my work phone.

There is certainly something to be said for controlling the OS and the hardware to make a smooth performing device.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73