Pre-Order with AT&T

consequence7

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure. Most of the people who said they ordered through Att says there orders also say preparing to ship. We may not know for sure until we get closer to the launch date. But I'm trying to be optimistic lol.

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure. Most of the people who said they ordered through Att says there orders also say preparing to ship. We may not know for sure until we get closer to the launch date. But I'm trying to be optimistic lol.

I figured if they're backordered, the order status will correctly show as Backordered, instead of Preparing For Shipment.

Last edited:

consequence7

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I figured if they're backordered, the order status will correctly show as Backordered, instead of Preparing For Shipment.

Yeah see that's what I'm thinking too. With the order status saying prepare to shop it makes it seem like they have it in stock. But if that was the case why wouldn't it ship on time to get it on the 16th?

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah see that's what I'm thinking too. With the order status saying prepare to shop it makes it seem like they have it in stock. But if that was the case why wouldn't it ship on time to get it on the 16th?

The situation doesn't make sense, and the representatives have no explanation either.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I know. I placed my order about 5 minutes after pre-orders went live and my ship date is towards the end of the month. It doesn't make sense at all.

If you ordered the Jet Black, this seems to be a common situation. If you ordered a different color, I don't have a clue.

Peter Rokkos

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
So those who ordered from ATT at the moment orders went live still didn't get a ship estimate before 9/23 -9/30? That is what I got ordering black 128gb 7 plus at about 1pm ET on Friday after all kinds of complications in their system, and just assumed people beat me to it by ordering earlier for delivery on release date. That makes me feel somewhat optimistic that maybe it will be at the earlier part of that time frame than later (or maybe even they are being cautious and it may come even before)?

Unfortunately, my past experience with a 6 order at launch through ATT was horrific, it ended up arriving nearly 2 weeks after a similar estimate, supposed to be delivered about a week after launch but got bumped a few times 'on backorder' and made it eventually after 3 weeks.

But with the 6s Plus, decided instead to just search around for one as soon as they went live at retail, but that too 3 weeks as well to track one down at an Apple store.

Here is hoping.

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
So those who ordered from ATT at the moment orders went live still didn't get a ship estimate before 9/23 -9/30? That is what I got ordering black 128gb 7 plus at about 1pm ET on Friday after all kinds of complications in their system, and just assumed people beat me to it by ordering earlier for delivery on release date. That makes me feel somewhat optimistic that maybe it will be at the earlier part of that time frame than later (or maybe even they are being cautious and it may come even before)?

Unfortunately, my past experience with a 6 order at launch through ATT was horrific, it ended up arriving nearly 2 weeks after a similar estimate, supposed to be delivered about a week after launch but got bumped a few times 'on backorder' and made it eventually after 3 weeks.

But with the 6s Plus, decided instead to just search around for one as soon as they went live at retail, but that too 3 weeks as well to track one down at an Apple store.

Here is hoping.

I preordered 3 minutes after the system went live and received the 10/14-10/21 deliver quote.

Nargg

Banned
Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
No AT&T doesn't have any promo's for preordering the iPhone

They actually do. If you have a 6 or 6s with them and trade it in you could get a 7 for free, or close to that.

Or, if you're on another carrier and switch you can get $650 which would pay 100% of a 7 32gb no matter what smartphone you have now, as long as you trade that one in too.

As far as ordering from AT&T online, last order I did on launch day was smooth as could be. And there are still a few versions of the 7 available for 16th delivery, so they are not 100% sold out so far, which is odd.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
They actually do. If you have a 6 or 6s with them and trade it in you could get a 7 for free, or close to that.

Or, if you're on another carrier and switch you can get $650 which would pay 100% of a 7 32gb no matter what smartphone you have now, as long as you trade that one in too.

As far as ordering from AT&T online, last order I did on launch day was smooth as could be. And there are still a few versions of the 7 available for 16th delivery, so they are not 100% sold out so far, which is odd.

You can get up to 650, and he ask for preordering did they have any specials. You don't have to preorder to get those specials. You can get those on launch day. I work for AT&T

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a question for anyone who preordered the 128GB Jet Black model, does your order number start with a K006? Does it also have 3 as the third digit after OY? Did AT&T place a hold on your card for the tax amount? Did AT&T place a hold for $1 on the cards of those who didn't get a release day delivery date? What does your order number start with, and does it follow the same format?

Steven Sabo

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
FullSizeRender 2.jpg

I entered the ATT queue (which was what I was put in when I logged in to my account at around 2:00am Friday. I heard a chime at around 2:45am and I was able to add an iPhone 7 plus black 256 to my cart. I complete the purchase at 2:50am. I still received a delivery date of 9/22-9/29.

The last time I went through ATT for a preorder was the for the 6 plus. By the time I figured out I couldn't order it through the Apple site because of the type of account I have, my delivery window dropped to November. My order status at that time said processing up until about a week before my delivery window then switched to preparing to ship. So I am holding out hope that we get them before our delivery window. My card has already been charge for the tax.

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 111371

I entered the ATT queue (which was what I was put in when I logged in to my account at around 2:00am Friday. I heard a chime at around 2:45am and I was able to add an iPhone 7 plus black 256 to my cart. I complete the purchase at 2:50am. I still received a delivery date of 9/22-9/29.

The last time I went through ATT for a preorder was the for the 6 plus. By the time I figured out I couldn't order it through the Apple site because of the type of account I have, my delivery window dropped to November. My order status at that time said processing up until about a week before my delivery window then switched to preparing to ship. So I am holding out hope that we get them before our delivery window. My card has already been charge for the tax.

Oh okay, thank you for sharing.

konjis1

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Ordered 2 7Plus 128G Matte Black about 2:46am cst on ATT website on preorder day. I got the confirmation email about 4-5hrs later stating that my order was confirmed and "Expected shipping date" was 9/23-9/30. Status as of today is "Preparing to Ship"

Last edited:

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Ordered at 2 7Plus 128G Matte Black about 2:46am cst on ATT website on preorder day. I got the confirmation email about 4-5hrs later stating that my order was confirmed and "Expected shipping date" was 9/23-9/30. Status as of today is "Preparing to Ship"

I wonder why they're listing them as this.

Steven Sabo

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
My window opened for ATT at 2:45am EST. Don't know if any of you caught that in my post above? Did anyone else have their ATT window open for pre early like that? Did anyone else see the queue page?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro