What cases are you using on your iPhone 7 Plus?

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Simple yet protective.

The only thing, is that with these metal backs, the openness of the bumpers wigs me out. I’m ALWAY looking for a scratch or mark to show up. The back shield from Rhino Shield helped my peace of mind with that. But that’s just me being half crazy.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm also leaning heavily toward the ultra violet Apple silicone. If I had a black phone I'd be interested in the olive one as well...For military purposes

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Love rhinoshield bumpers. Best I’ve used aside from the Apple ones they had for the 4/4S.

Nice choice on color as well, I’ve got the darker blue and love using it from time to time.

Yeah I've literally never used a bumper case before so it will be different. I've been using Rhino's Playproof for months now and have been extremely impressed with the quality of it. The wear it's showing is just normal and I want a little change. I put my Griffin Survivor Adventure back on last night for a little change for a couple days till Amazon shows up. It's still fairly protective at 8 feet vs. Rhino's 11. Definitely doesn't feel as good as the Rhino though.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Anyone love the dark aubergine leather color?!? I want it! I do like the feel of the silicone better but I just think the color is SO neat and rich looking

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Anyone love the dark aubergine leather color?!? I want it! I do like the feel of the silicone better but I just think the color is SO neat and rich looking

I bet that looks nice if you're into purple. I have the Indigo leather band for my Fitbit Charge2 and it looks very similar in darkness (but of course it's a dark blue with some purple in it not just purple). I bet that case looks really nice in person. I couldn't do straight purple myself though.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Just got my Crashguard. The buttons don't seem quite as nice as the playproof, or maybe they're just different, but I like it so far. Once I got it on that is. I'd read a bunch of Amazon reviews about it being really hard to get on and impossible to get off. I couldn't get the last corner on, until I realized in my half awake state this morning I had put the phone in upside down.......still facing the right direction front to back just upside down. Once I fixed that it went on as easily or more so than the playproof and came off just as easily. This blue color looks nice!

55bb16445d134373494df0388909ee41.jpg

2b8cd063aad0030a22ef2e9a1f6c9f43.jpg

Last edited:

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Just got my Crashguard. The buttons don't seem quite as nice as the playproof, or maybe they're just different, but I like it so far. Once I got it on that is. I'd read a bunch of Amazon reviews about it being really hard to get on and impossible to get off. I couldn't get the last corner on, until I realized in my half awake state this morning I had put the phone in upside down.......still facing the right direction front to back just upside down. Once I fixed that it went on as easily or more so than the playproof and came off just as easily. This blue color looks nice!

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170916/55bb16445d134373494df0388909ee41.jpg

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170916/2b8cd063aad0030a22ef2e9a1f6c9f43.jpg

I have never found it actually hard to get on or off. Just takes a bit to get used to.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
they give you directions......it’s actually pretty easy. I start at a bottom corner and it pops out just fine.

A lot of snug fitting cases recommend taking off at the bottom corner. Even UAG with the pliable corners is way easier to take off at the bottom across all the platforms they support.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
A lot of snug fitting cases recommend taking off at the bottom corner. Even UAG with the pliable corners is way easier to take off at the bottom across all the platforms they support.

Yeah I think Rhinoshield actually says the top by the camera, but you know, I don’t want push on or near the camera.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I think Rhinoshield actually says the top by the camera, but you know, I don’t want push on or near the camera.

They do for the crashguard. I think the playproof video showed starting at the bottom but I might be wrong on that. Either way I took my playproof off all the time starting on the bottom and the crashguard works great the same way. Really impressed so far. This is my first bumper case ever and I expect to get the crashguard for the X as soon as it's out (and I can get a hold of an X). I know Rhino will probably take a bit to get it out for testing and stuff so I'll probably end up with a UAG or something on the X until then.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170916/55bb16445d134373494df0388909ee41.jpg

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170916/2b8cd063aad0030a22ef2e9a1f6c9f43.jpg

That looks great!

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Haven't used anything other than my black UAG Monarch in months. I want a black Apple Leather, but I honestly don't know if I will ever use it! Damn Monarch has me hooked

michial

Aug 7, 2009
Visit site
Can anyone vouch for their Apple leather sapphire case after months of usage? How’s it doing and do you have any tips on preserving and maintaining leather cases?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2