What cases are you using on your iPhone 7 Plus?

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Annnnnnnd I just processed a return on Amazon for the Fre. Decided the dust under the screen protector issue was going to drive me nuts. Did a little looking and it sounds like it's not unusual for it to happen once the charge port is opened. Considering one of my uses for my phone is plugged into my Jeep while doing dusty offroad trips that didn't bode well for keeping the screen clean. I'll have to look into a Nuud I guess. I've heard the Dog & Bone open screen version is not great and somehow has worse sound quality than the Wetsuit Impact. Are there any other open screen waterproof cases I should look at in addition to the Nuud? I won't be happy about the extra thickness on them but they'll definitely be a situational use case and not a daily driver.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Or are there any waterproof cases where the built in screen protector actually adheres to the screen like a normal screen protector? That would solve the issue of dust getting between the screen and the protector.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I also found some dust under the screen protector this morning. I assume from opening/closing the charge port since I treated the install like putting a screen protector on and this stuff wasn't there last night. I definitely see this case's future use for me being it specifically only going on when I need the protection level. But overall most of the concerns I had from reading various comments in the past that helped steer me away from grabbing one seem to be nonexistent.

It’s was either there before installation or the case is defective. That would be my guess. Did you do your own water test?

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I did and it passed just fine. Everything was definitely clean when I put it together but the bottom flap had been open a few times to charge and show off to co-workers this morning. A little web searching turned up comments about it not being uncommon that the charging port can allow dust in when it's open. This wasn't lint dust either. It was big enough to really feel it under the screen protector.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Well I got my new CrashGuard and Impact Protection back and screen protectors on my phone now. This CrashGuard is much better than my first one. Nowhere near as loose on the sides.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
9648f0decd1838c185d21fa223888ae6.jpg

Apple doesn't make storm gray anymore. Picked one up at BB for half off. The box was smashed and it had a couple of minor scuffs. Talk to manager in mobile department and he told the cashier to give it 50% off. I gladly took it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2