What cases are you using on your iPhone 7 Plus?

porshjosh

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
@flyinion, I'd skip the Dog & Bone. I try not to be biased as I'm very much a Lifeproof girl, but the D&G is a premium price for a case that doesn't feel premium. The speaker sound quality wasn't that great, and the finger print sensor membrane was kind of tacky and felt like there was too much space between the membrane the home button. It also seemed to be a huge dust magnet for some reason. I don't think the latch door was that well thought out either.

It felt good in hand though compared to a Fre. Definitely a way slimmed down profile. Didn't have too many issues with the screen protector. Love the color combination and the unique design of the case as well. Would I buy it again, probably not. I had a similar experience with their Topless as well. Though I prefer the Topless to the NUUD because of the solid colored back.

Okay, I ended up sounded totally biased... But I've used Lifeproof Fre's on every phone I've owned and am currently rocking one on my SE. I know what to expect from Lifeproof, know how to install them, and absolutely love their customer service. I'd probably tattoo their logo on my forehead for free cases, okay?!

Ultimately, the decision is all yours my friend!

Lifeproof for the win

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Thanks guys, I may go that route then. I was originally planning to get one if I needed a waterproof one then started reading a lot of hype about the D&B ones.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Ok broke down and ordered a Fre to replace my Playproof, or at least use along with it. Sucks that I'll have to get rid of the Rhino screen protector though. Amazon has the Fre on sale in most colors for the Plus for around $45-48 right now so I jumped on it. I was going to go blue but then remembered I've seen that in the store and it's a bit brighter than I'd like so I went with the gray color with the lime accents. should be here Wednesday or Thursday.

porshjosh

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Ok broke down and ordered a Fre to replace my Playproof, or at least use along with it. Sucks that I'll have to get rid of the Rhino screen protector though. Amazon has the Fre on sale in most colors for the Plus for around $45-48 right now so I jumped on it. I was going to go blue but then remembered I've seen that in the store and it's a bit brighter than I'd like so I went with the gray color with the lime accents. should be here Wednesday or Thursday.

Good choice I went for the gray one as Weill it’s a bit more brighter in person than it’s online

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Great choice. Enjoy your new case!

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site

Good luck! I also have the grey and green Fre

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Anyone using a UAG Metropolis on their phone? I'm thinking of picking one up to go with that Fre I ordered in case I don't want to keep the Fre on all the time. I'm worried about micro-scratches in the coating if I don't have some sort of protection for the screen, but of course I can't run a protector with the Fre, and don't want to be trying to install/remove/reinstall a protector anytime I take it out of the Fre to put in something else. The Metropolis seems like a way to get some protection while it's in my pocket/etc. I'm just not sure about using a folio case on my phone from a picture taking standpoint.

Thinking of doing a matching magma color for my matte black iPhone and my new 5th Gen space gray iPad that is currently rocking a super cheap $15 folio that's pretty much just good enough to protect the screen (if I drop it it's gonna pop right out of the case part for sure it's so cheap). What do you guys think?

porshjosh

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Anyone using a UAG Metropolis on their phone? I'm thinking of picking one up to go with that Fre I ordered in case I don't want to keep the Fre on all the time. I'm worried about micro-scratches in the coating if I don't have some sort of protection for the screen, but of course I can't run a protector with the Fre, and don't want to be trying to install/remove/reinstall a protector anytime I take it out of the Fre to put in something else. The Metropolis seems like a way to get some protection while it's in my pocket/etc. I'm just not sure about using a folio case on my phone from a picture taking standpoint.

Thinking of doing a matching magma color for my matte black iPhone and my new 5th Gen space gray iPad that is currently rocking a super cheap $15 folio that's pretty much just good enough to protect the screen (if I drop it it's gonna pop right out of the case part for sure it's so cheap). What do you guys think?

You “might”be able to use one of those plastic screen protectors with the fre. Personally I haven’t used any type of screen protector or skin with the fre case as o haven’t had any issues or scratches on my previous phones from using the lifeproof fre case . Not a huge fan of folio style phone cases so can’t give you a good answer to that.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
You “might”be able to use one of those plastic screen protectors with the fre. Personally I haven’t used any type of screen protector or skin with the fre case as o haven’t had any issues or scratches on my previous phones from using the lifeproof fre case . Not a huge fan of folio style phone cases so can’t give you a good answer to that.

Thanks, I'm not worried about trying to use one with the Fre since of course it has a built in protector and I don't want to risk compromising the waterproof-ness of the case. Just thinking for if/when the phone is not in the Fre.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
@flyinion the Rhinoshield plastic screen protector is pretty cheap, thin, and ridiculously protective.

Yeah I have it, but that's my point is I just took it off so I can put the Fre on so now I don't have a screen protector if I decide to swap cases around. There's no way I'm going to keep something dust free if I keep installing/removing/reinstalling the same thing, and ~$20 a pop every time I decide to stop using the Fre is steep. I might only use the fre on weekend trips for example.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Hmmm, since I have Applecare+ due to using Apple's "upgrade program" I might just forget about screen protectors and pay the deductible if I mess it up. I've never used an iPhone without one but wow the home button on the 7 feels really nice to use with no ridge from a protector down there for the half day I've been using it like this (my Fre comes tomorrow). I've used protectors since I tried to not do one on a Lumia 1020 and it got ridiculous scratches and even gouges around the top and bottom bezels and the only thing in the pocket with it ever was a small 10ml plastic bottle of artificial tears (eye drops).

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
@flyinion you’d probably have to press on the screen harder with another screen protector under the Frē but it shouldn’t mess up the water protection. If you want to go the AppleCare route that works too.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW