What cases are you using on your iPhone 7 Plus?

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Yes I should have but wife wanted it. And it didn't turn brown and dingy until after returned period expired. So since it turned brown, we sent it to speck for a warranty replacement. They didn't replace it because they said that is normal wear and tear for it to brown. It's was like ok whatever. Lesson learned. Only paid $15 at target due to price match of Amazon so wasn't a huge loss. Still yet to find anybody to do a quality clear case.

Wow. So their “”yellow proof warranty”” is only for manufacturing defects?!

ab06deg1

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
0894e643e1d436af2de74262c995e965.jpg

402b10ad37d9e8d7b39d4b44afef35bb.jpg

That's a case I'm NOT using anymore :)

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
For those of you using or have used waterproof cases what would you recommend? I'm looking between the Dog & Bone wetsuit impact, the Catalyst, and maybe the Fre. This would be intended for hiking/outdoors use where the phone could potentially fall and then end up in water as well so it needs to be able to handle a drop and not leak after. Also I'd likely just leave it in the case for day to day use as well since once I use one of those, the screen protector I've been running (Rhino) will have to come off which kind of sucks since it's a good protector. Mobile Reviews seemed to really like the Catalyst but I'm on the fence about it due to the clear back. I had a Griffin case early on with my 7 that was clear and it was a fingerprint/scratch magnet so I got rid of it for a Playproof.

porshjosh

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
For those of you using or have used waterproof cases what would you recommend? I'm looking between the Dog & Bone wetsuit impact, the Catalyst, and maybe the Fre. This would be intended for hiking/outdoors use where the phone could potentially fall and then end up in water as well so it needs to be able to handle a drop and not leak after. Also I'd likely just leave it in the case for day to day use as well since once I use one of those, the screen protector I've been running (Rhino) will have to come off which kind of sucks since it's a good protector. Mobile Reviews seemed to really like the Catalyst but I'm on the fence about it due to the clear back. I had a Griffin case early on with my 7 that was clear and it was a fingerprint/scratch magnet so I got rid of it for a Playproof.

Tbh I have been using the lifeproof fre cases since they released it for the 4s was on the fence of getting the catalyst but wasn’t a fan of the clear back since it would get all scratched up and look bad after a few months of use right now I’m using a life proof fre case for the 7plus so far so good. Audio is so much better than the previous cases haven’t had any issues yet only thing that’s meh is the screen protector but that’s will all waterproof case that are fully covered I guess I’m a little biased to lifeproof case’s just because I haven’t had any issues with them so far.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Tbh I have been using the lifeproof fre cases since they released it for the 4s was on the fence of getting the catalyst but wasn’t a fan of the clear back since it would get all scratched up and look bad after a few months of use right now I’m using a life proof fre case for the 7plus so far so good. Audio is so much better than the previous cases haven’t had any issues yet only thing that’s meh is the screen protector but that’s will all waterproof case that are fully covered I guess I’m a little biased to lifeproof case’s just because I haven’t had any issues with them so far.

Yeah the screen is why I was thinking about the Dog & Bone since the Impact is a glass screen protector vs. the plastic style most of the two piece cases have.

porshjosh

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah the screen is why I was thinking about the Dog & Bone since the Impact is a glass screen protector vs. the plastic style most of the two piece cases have.

yeah that’s true but then again if you have a chance to check them out in person before you buy them I’d suggest you do that just because these cases are not for every one and most just buy it then complain

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
@flyinion, I'd skip the Dog & Bone. I try not to be biased as I'm very much a Lifeproof girl, but the D&G is a premium price for a case that doesn't feel premium. The speaker sound quality wasn't that great, and the finger print sensor membrane was kind of tacky and felt like there was too much space between the membrane the home button. It also seemed to be a huge dust magnet for some reason. I don't think the latch door was that well thought out either.

It felt good in hand though compared to a Fre. Definitely a way slimmed down profile. Didn't have too many issues with the screen protector. Love the color combination and the unique design of the case as well. Would I buy it again, probably not. I had a similar experience with their Topless as well. Though I prefer the Topless to the NUUD because of the solid colored back.

Okay, I ended up sounded totally biased... But I've used Lifeproof Fre's on every phone I've owned and am currently rocking one on my SE. I know what to expect from Lifeproof, know how to install them, and absolutely love their customer service. I'd probably tattoo their logo on my forehead for free cases, okay?!

Ultimately, the decision is all yours my friend!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods