What cases are you using on your iPhone 7 Plus?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I need to look if Apple make a WHITE leather case. I think that might look hot on my Red iPhone. Plus, since the phone has a white front, hmmm...

Failing that, maybe a white silicone, Apple one ;)

I know iJustine had a video on red launch day with a Apple white silicone case with the red iPhone. It looked awful. And even she said it on her video.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Oddly enough, this looks good! In fact, better than my clear case on my Red iPhone.
I'. going to try my Black Apple Leather case on my Red, to see what it looks like...

Black, red and white will look REALLY good!

Clear cases make it look very dull. They are horrible. And the red apple cases are not even close to matching.

As long as you get a quality one, like a Speck Presidio, you’re good!
But yeah, red  cases don’t match at all.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Black, red and white will look REALLY good!

As long as you get a quality one, like a Speck Presidio, you’re good!
But yeah, red  cases don’t match at all.

That’s the one I had. I looked horrible on red iPhone. Made it look very dull. Gave to to my wife. It looked good on her rose gold phone. But red, no. It was horrendous.

Oh and to add, the speck has turned very brown in the corners and along the bottom. And all the buttons. Speck said it wouldn’t turn yellow. They were right. It didn’t. It turned brown.

drewtopher

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
I'm using Spigen's Neo Hybrid Crystal (Jet Black color) on my Matte Black iPhone 7 Plus. So far I'm liking it a lot. It has a good grip, and the back is transparent. The bumper is nice and solid, and the buttons are tactile and satisfying to press.

IMG_4820.JPGIMG_4819.JPGIMG_4818.JPGIMG_4817.JPG

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Otterbox's new "Lifeproof like" case has gotten my attention....
b51243f2edebcea8416aedf09817c98b.png

https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...eries-case%2Fapl59-iphp16.html&token=DVDE9ir6

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
That’s the one I had. I looked horrible on red iPhone. Made it look very dull. Gave to to my wife. It looked good on her rose gold phone. But red, no. It was horrendous.

Oh and to add, the speck has turned very brown in the corners and along the bottom. And all the buttons. Speck said it wouldn’t turn yellow. They were right. It didn’t. It turned brown.

You should’ve returned it, then.

It looks good on my rose gold phone too, but it looks fantastic on my mom red one.
Your mileage may vary, I guess

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site

Yeah those clear specks don't hold up that well to me. My wife is one to use a case until it falls apart and this one made it around 6 months. The little piece right above the charger port has probably been gone for like 3 of this six months lol. Hers has been dingy and brown for a good while. When I took it off yesterday it liked cracked and just felt like it had turned into a hard plastic instead of the softer latex kind of rubber it used to be.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Yeah those clear specks don't hold up that well to me. My wife is one to use a case until it falls apart and this one made it around 6 months. The little piece right above the charger port has probably been gone for like 3 of this six months lol. Hers has been dingy and brown for a good while. When I took it off yesterday it liked cracked and just felt like it had turned into a hard plastic instead of the softer latex kind of rubber it used to be.

They are absolutely horrible. Lesson learned. Won't waste my money on them again.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
They are absolutely horrible. Lesson learned. Won't waste my money on them again.

Yeah, speck advertises a lifetime warranty I believe, but from reading on their website you have to send the case back and let them determine if it was wear and tear or a manufacturer defect. You know how that is going to go, so I didn't even bother. My wife likes speck cases though so for $9 on clearance I didn't mind lol.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
You should’ve returned it, then.

It looks good on my rose gold phone too, but it looks fantastic on my mom red one.
Your mileage may vary, I guess

Yes I should have but wife wanted it. And it didn't turn brown and dingy until after returned period expired. So since it turned brown, we sent it to speck for a warranty replacement. They didn't replace it because they said that is normal wear and tear for it to brown. It's was like ok whatever. Lesson learned. Only paid $15 at target due to price match of Amazon so wasn't a huge loss. Still yet to find anybody to do a quality clear case.

porshjosh

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I am a fan of the looks, and why do you need it to be waterproof when the phone is itself?

I need it to be waterproof because I use my phone near the pool quiet a lot and have ruined old phones in the past by forgetting my phone is in my pocket

The iphone 7/7plus itself is not waterproof it is water resistant hence it got a railing of ip67 so if it gets water damaged Apple will not cover it under warranty.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
IP67 is still waterproof to 1m for 30 minutes. Of course that is in a lab, and not in chlorinated water. I understand your situation is different, but I would imagine the original waterproof/resistant rating is the reason that many will not need a waterproof case on their new iPhone. It is nice to have the rating, but I still won't submit mine to more than some rain or a splash here or there if I can help it. I suspect (and youtube has "proven") a quick dip in the pool shouldn't harm your phone though.

At least we have case options. I have used Windows Phones for so many years that just having the options is refreshing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2