What cases are you using on your iPhone 7 Plus?

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I think we need an "anything and everything" member post in this forum somewhere for us to randomly veer off topic.

I'm thinking 9.7" would do it for me because I want the better rear facing camera.

When I upgrade I'll CONSIDER the smaller/closer to 10" version. I bet next gen they do a mid/one size fits all instead of too small and too big.

I do like my big one though; it certainly has its uses. Comes in handy a lot really.

Yes we do need random conversation LOL.

We. Have. Problems.

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Just hope they have the home button of the iPhone 7 Plus. When using the Pro with the squishy home I'm much happier when I get back on the 7 Plus.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I think we need an "anything and everything" member post in this forum somewhere for us to randomly veer off topic.

I'm thinking 9.7" would do it for me because I want the better rear facing camera.

There's already a thread for that We talk about whatever we want there. There use to be a ton of us but there's only 4 of us now. Its not as busy as it use to be. Feel free to post there

http://forums.imore.com/off-topic-lounge/255154-imore-20k-50k-post-challenge-you-up-1143.html

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I've been thinking about upgrading my iPad Air 2 to an iPad Pro. Pretty solid reward for getting a new job.

I just sold my 7 week old 13" Mbpr NTB last night, on the hunt for a 9.7" pro myself I have no iPad, not sure if to get the base wifi with a $250 discount for now or wait.
My lifeproof fre will be my last case ?????? Will have the black apple leather, UAG metropolis and the fre so one of each type of case.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I just sold my 7 week old 13" Mbpr NTB last night, on the hunt for a 9.7" pro myself I have no iPad, not sure if to get the base wifi with a $250 discount for now or wait.
My lifeproof fre will be my last case í*½í¹„ Will have the black apple leather, UAG metropolis and the fre so one of each type of case.

My keepers are UAG Midnight Monarch, my Lifeproof Fre x3, Apple Red Silicone, and my Symmetry Crystal. The others will hopefully be taking a walk before I move. Glad I finally narrowed it down!

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
I love my BIG ONE. use it quite a bit really. I'm old and can't see lol

Totally agree. Size DOES matter. I love my big one and everyone who sees it when I take it out ooh and ahh and want to touch it and play with it. They are totally blown away when I show them everything it can do.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Please let me know what you think. I have a "genuine apple leather" black case coming to compare to my real Apple black leather next week.
I've used both the "genuine apple leather" as well as the saddle brown leather case that I got from @MizWylie these last few days. The packaging appears to be identical with the exception of the eBay case having Asian languages and no barcode as opposed to more European languages like on the case I got from MizWylie. Both cases feel identical, and appear to be identical with one exception. The apple logo on the case from MizWylie appears to be carved into the case and the case from eBay it appears to be traced into the case. The feel of the case feels identical to one that I have that is unused. However the inside isn't as soft as the other case. My verdict is that there are only two things that jump out at me that could lead me to calling it a fake. The apple logo being traced instead of carved out and the inside not being as soft as the three other apple leather cases that I have. As for the packaging, it could just be the packaging that the Asian market has since there's more Asian languages on it instead of European. I've seen this with watches, where each market gets different packaging. If it weren't for the apple logo and the inside of the case I don't think that one would be able to tell the difference between the two. Also I'd actually think that I was just getting an Asian market case at a great deal like I have gotten several Japanese Market Seiko dive watches at better prices than I could have gotten here.
In the pictures the real case is on the left and the eBay case is on the right. I apologize for the lighting. The eBay case has the same markings on the inside that the real case has, you can't see them in the pictures though.
d7dc4bd9d4434bb353f4c6865743e347.jpg
b537715ebcea58ec519cf18e52eae2c9.jpg
a0ebb32cbad198c396b13ebb812cbf57.jpg
c15f789619dc33bbd00df21d11406eb5.jpg

rsgoldens

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I've used both the "genuine apple leather" as well as the saddle brown leather case that I got from @MizWylie these last few days. The packaging appears to be identical with the exception of the eBay case having Asian languages and no barcode as opposed to more European languages like on the case I got from MizWylie. Both cases feel identical, and appear to be identical with one exception. The apple logo on the case from MizWylie appears to be carved into the case and the case from eBay it appears to be traced into the case. The feel of the case feels identical to one that I have that is unused. However the inside isn't as soft as the other case. My verdict is that there are only two things that jump out at me that could lead me to calling it a fake. The apple logo being traced instead of carved out and the inside not being as soft as the three other apple leather cases that I have. As for the packaging, it could just be the packaging that the Asian market has since there's more Asian languages on it instead of European. I've seen this with watches, where each market gets different packaging. If it weren't for the apple logo and the inside of the case I don't think that one would be able to tell the difference between the two. Also I'd actually think that I was just getting an Asian market case at a great deal like I have gotten several Japanese Market Seiko dive watches at better prices than I could have gotten here.
In the pictures the real case is on the left and the eBay case is on the right. I apologize for the lighting. The eBay case has the same markings on the inside that the real case has, you can't see them in the pictures though. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170319/d7dc4bd9d4434bb353f4c6865743e347.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170319/b537715ebcea58ec519cf18e52eae2c9.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170319/a0ebb32cbad198c396b13ebb812cbf57.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170319/c15f789619dc33bbd00df21d11406eb5.jpg

Nice comparison! Thank you so much! My fake black leather will be here tomorrow to compare to my real one. Thanks again!!