What cases are you using on your iPhone 7 Plus?

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Interesting. Surprised they don't or haven't replaced lines.

On a side note I had a Netgear X4 router for about 6 months. Biggest pile of junk I ever had. Continually dropped connection and would go offline for no apparent reason. Lasted 3-4 firmware updates and that thing hit the junk pile. Switched to a ASUS 88U and get speeds on internernal network and speeds to outside world like never before. With all due sincerity don't rule out that Netgear LOL. They wanted me to pay for tech support and it was like 6 months old. I told them kick rocks and let my wallet speak for me. Still have that pile of junk in a box somewhere
I agree that it is surprising that they haven't replaced the lines. However, look at it from a business prospective. Why replace the lines when you are essentially the only high speed internet provider in that neighborhood, as well as the surrounding neighborhoods? Verizon DSL isn't even comparable. I'm sure that's how they're looking at it.
I've never had a problem with the Netgear routers I've bought, but I've had plenty of problems with the Comcast branded gateways that Netgear made. I've never used Asus routers, but I've heard good things about it.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
All the carriers seem to have done major upgrade work in Houston, likely something to do with the Super Bowl. At my home, I am typically around 100 mbps down, though it may go down if the network gets congested. Away from home I typically still see "good" speeds but, living north of the city, they are still working on upgrades (which slows the network in some areas I go to).

Verizon, when I tried them last month, was about 25 mbps at my house, more than acceptable but nothing to brag about. AT&T is the outlier, for me, for some reason I only get 1 to 2 bars from them at home; speeds are typically okay but, being on the fringe of the signal, calls don't always ring.
It sounds like I need to move to Houston then! In the DC area I get around 12 with AT&T, and 7 on Verizon, however I'm sure it's congested here.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
It sounds like I need to move to Houston then! In the DC area I get around 12 with AT&T, and 7 on Verizon, however I'm sure it's congested here.

Houston has pretty good speeds for now. I enjoy looking at PCMag's Fastest Mobile Network each year and see how they compare cities. I have issues with them, largely because they don't test in enough locations in each city but it still gives an interesting snapshot. For Houston, I'll be interested to see this year's testing (done around May each year) as I think all the networks did a fair amount of upgrading so they'd look good when people came for the Super Bowl.

T-Mobile in Houston has had real up and downs. While there coverage here is good, with as quickly as they've grown the last few years they'll be fast, right after an upgrade, and then slow down as more switch to them. Since they've just upgraded, they're faster than ever right now (as seen by the 155 mbps speed test), we'll see where they are in another year or two.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Houston has pretty good speeds for now. I enjoy looking at PCMag's Fastest Mobile Network each year and see how they compare cities. I have issues with them, largely because they don't test in enough locations in each city but it still gives an interesting snapshot. For Houston, I'll be interested to see this year's testing (done around May each year) as I think all the networks did a fair amount of upgrading so they'd look good when people came for the Super Bowl.

T-Mobile in Houston has had real up and downs. While there coverage here is good, with as quickly as they've grown the last few years they'll be fast, right after an upgrade, and then slow down as more switch to them. Since they've just upgraded, they're faster than ever right now (as seen by the 155 mbps speed test), we'll see where they are in another year or two.
Thanks, it sounds like you all have the infrastructure to support the users whereas in the DC and Baltimore area we don't have that.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Lol, this isn't even a good router, wait until I get the router I want.

bb65e9959008f267e96cdb702d978d0d.jpg

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
All these high speeds everywhere are depressing me.

I only got the fastest available out of spite for having slowest available forever. Lol. Att was BAD. I run my own FTP and stuff to backup my pics etc so I get monies worth. Between me and 20 other wifi demanding devices in house lol

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
My gf broke up with me via text message and I'm kind of devastated. I'm going to make myself feel better by case shopping and purchasing an Apple Watch today.

:broken-heart:

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
My gf broke up with me via text message and I'm kind of devastated. I'm going to make myself feel better by case shopping and purchasing an Apple Watch today.

My boyfriend dumped me at the beginning of February and now I have a Swarovski case and a UAG Plasma. I don't know why I have three more coming...must not feel better yet.

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site

My boyfriend dumped me at the beginning of February and now I have a Swarovski case and a UAG Plasma. I don't know why I have three more coming...must not feel better yet.

Shall I play matchmaker?

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site

Retail therapy actually works! When I broke up with my fiance on Valentine's Day 2016, that day I bought an iPhone 6S and ordered a Sig Sauer P226 to replace the Sig Sauer 1911 TACOPS that I sold to help fund her ring. I instantly felt better!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox