What cases are you using on your iPhone 7 Plus?

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I pay $59 for 6 Mbps and had to re wire the house to a direct line to my modem just to get 6 lol. I do remember when 256k felt like it was lightning fast though. Just used to Comcast that won't come to our new house. If we had Comcast we wouldn't have tv service and would just stream everything.

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
And how much $$$ a month does that gem cost?

A measly 100 down cost me $59.99 a month. :crying:

Well before I switched to CableOne I was paying $49 a month for ATT DSL and it was horrible. Was supposed to be 5mb down. I'm not sure how they did their speed test but I was getting like 2.5 down and like 256kb up. Only reason I went with plan I have now is because of the upload. Got sick of it taking days to backup to iCloud. That and ATT was doing me dirty--they sent a letter saying I'd went over my data allowance. I called and they didn't even know what letter meant. I tried to explain to them it was literally too slow to use 500gb a month or whatever it was and I had just had enough. Took three people to decode their letter for me and hours of my time. It was beautiful they're like since your not getting speeds close to advertised we will cut your bill in half etc etc and I let them go through all that. Right before we hung up she asked what else she could do-- I told her to forget it cancel it ALL. I've never felt so good in my life--my wallet speaks for me of companies and they did NOT deserve my money. I've almost fired them entirely and would had they not bought DTV. everytime ive called CableOne wait times have been very minimal and ZERO hassle of jumping from department to department etc... AND their speeds are arguably better than I pay for.

Anyways, obviously 200mb down isn't cheap with 10 up. But for what I'm paying it's really worth it. Literally everyone in home has IPad and phone and gaming console etc. 20+ devices all vying for internet at once so the whole 5mb download just wasn't cutting it anymore.

6598eeb213976fc8e51ba9d6707e6e6a.jpg

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Whose your provider?
Comcast, but they're the only true provider in my neighborhood. It's either them or Verizon DSL. They replaced the line from the box to the house four times, and the last time the guy came and got me and took me to the box and showed me the lines running to the box and through the neighborhood. He said they are the original cable lines from 30 years ago! What I'd give for Verizon FiOS or new Comcast cables in the neighborhood.
What's funny is when I lived in West Virginia I got the 100 package because I figured I'd see 30 if I was lucky, and if the stars were aligned. I got no lower than 88, and at night it would peak to 110. That was Suddenlink, and I miss them!
Both places I've had the exact same Motorola DOCSIS 3.0 modem and Netgear router, so it's not the equipment.

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Comcast, but they're the only true provider in my neighborhood. It's either them or Verizon DSL. They replaced the line from the box to the house four times, and the last time the guy came and got me and took me to the box and showed me the lines running to the box and through the neighborhood. He said they are the original cable lines from 30 years ago! What I'd give for Verizon FiOS or new Comcast cables in the neighborhood.
What's funny is when I lived in West Virginia I got the 100 package because I figured I'd see 30 if I was lucky, and if the stars were aligned. I got no lower than 88, and at night it would peak to 110. That was Suddenlink, and I miss them!
Both places I've had the exact same Motorola DOCSIS 3.0 modem and Netgear router, so it's not the equipment.

Interesting. Surprised they don't or haven't replaced lines.

On a side note I had a Netgear X4 router for about 6 months. Biggest pile of junk I ever had. Continually dropped connection and would go offline for no apparent reason. Lasted 3-4 firmware updates and that thing hit the junk pile. Switched to a ASUS 88U and get speeds on internernal network and speeds to outside world like never before. With all due sincerity don't rule out that Netgear LOL. They wanted me to pay for tech support and it was like 6 months old. I told them kick rocks and let my wallet speak for me. Still have that pile of junk in a box somewhere

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Hell, I'm done case shopping for awhile. Guess whose heater core went out this weekend and is currently draining their bank account?

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
You really get 155.90 on T-Mobile?

All the carriers seem to have done major upgrade work in Houston, likely something to do with the Super Bowl. At my home, I am typically around 100 mbps down, though it may go down if the network gets congested. Away from home I typically still see "good" speeds but, living north of the city, they are still working on upgrades (which slows the network in some areas I go to).

Verizon, when I tried them last month, was about 25 mbps at my house, more than acceptable but nothing to brag about. AT&T is the outlier, for me, for some reason I only get 1 to 2 bars from them at home; speeds are typically okay but, being on the fringe of the signal, calls don't always ring.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711